|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a student is absent from Torey's class, who does Boo want to sit with him while he studies?
2. What does Edna find out Torey is not doing for Lori?
(a) Teaching her history.
(b) Teaching her reading.
(c) Teaching her mathematics.
(d) Teaching her spelling.
3. Who arrives to hear about Edna's complaint about Torey?
(a) Boo's mother.
(c) Mr. Sjokheim.
4. When Torey calls a counselor she knows, what does the counselor say is the reason people ignore problems like Claudia's?
(a) People don't want to help others.
(b) They don't want to deal with it.
(c) People want to believe problems don't exist.
(d) People find the situation dangerous.
5. Who does Thomaso say he's going to live with?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His brother.
6. Who does Torey yell at when the classroom continues to remain tense after Lori hides from Edna?
(c) Boo and Thomaso.
7. Who goes to visit Lori at home when she continues to be absent from school?
8. What does Lori realize about herself?
(a) She will never be understood by others.
(b) She'll never be a regular kid.
(c) She'll die at a young age.
(d) She'll never be smart.
9. What does Torey do with Lori's reading and writing materials?
(a) Shreds them.
(b) Makes Lori study them.
(c) Throws them away.
(d) Hides them.
10. What age group is allowed to attend pregnancy programs while in school?
(a) 13 plus.
(b) 20 and under.
(c) 16 plus.
(d) 12 plus.
11. When Thomaso sees his birthday present, what is his first reaction?
12. Who misses school, causing everyone to become upset?
13. What does Torey realize about Libby's inner feelings?
(a) She doesn't want to be Lori's sister.
(b) She is full of hate.
(c) She wishes she was injured and not Lori.
(d) She is full of sadness.
14. What does Lori do when she is forced to go to school?
(c) Kicks and screams.
(d) Yells at her father.
15. Where does Torey think Lori is the safest?
(a) Her classroom.
(b) Edna's classroom.
(c) In homeschool.
(d) Special ed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Thomaso bring to school that causes him to tell fantasy stories about his father?
2. Who buys Thomaso a birthday gift?
3. What school situation does Torey tell Joc about?
4. What present does Thomaso receive?
5. What does Boo walk around the room agitatedly saying on the day a fellow classmate is absent from school?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)