|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Torey wish she could do for the children in her class?
(a) Make things better for them.
(b) Make them "regular" kids.
(c) Make them all "little geniuses".
(d) Teach them easier.
2. What does Edna find out Torey is not doing for Lori?
(a) Teaching her spelling.
(b) Teaching her reading.
(c) Teaching her mathematics.
(d) Teaching her history.
3. What honor does Claudia graduate with?
(a) Regional essay contest winner.
(c) State art contest winner.
(d) Class President.
4. What does Edna say about Torey's teaching style?
(a) She doesn't know how to teach less educated children.
(b) She's not a good teacher.
(c) She's too lenient.
(d) She's a wonderful teacher.
5. What does Edna tell Torey she should do about Lori?
(a) Pull her from her hiding place.
(b) Use harsher punishments.
(c) Stop treating her like a baby.
(d) Take her to the office when she is disruptive.
6. What happens when Boo says a word correctly?
(a) Everyone is confused.
(b) Boo smiles at his new word.
(c) Everyone is astounded.
(d) Boo is given a sticker.
7. When telling the story of the murders he witnessed, what does Thomaso say ran into his ear?
(a) His father's blood.
(b) The sound of his heartbeat.
(c) His brother's blood.
(d) His own blood.
8. Who is waiting for Torey when she arrives home late from school after a stressful day with Lori?
(b) Boo's mother.
(c) Lori's father.
9. Who is the only student who returns to Torey's class the next year?
10. What words in Lori's reading book does Torey tell her mean "oh"?
(a) The long words.
(b) The words that start with the letter "o".
(c) The short words.
(d) The words that start at the begininning of each sentence.
11. Who sits and talks to Lori while she is hiding?
12. Where does Torey think Lori is the safest?
(a) Her classroom.
(b) In homeschool.
(c) Special ed.
(d) Edna's classroom.
13. Why does Lori think she is excluded from the event?
(a) She's not smart enough.
(b) Edna doesn't like her.
(c) The parents complained about her behavior.
(d) She's not a "regular" first-grader.
14. Who arrives to hear about Edna's complaint about Torey?
(b) Mr. Sjokheim.
(c) Boo's mother.
15. What kind of school does Boo go to after his year in Torey's class?
(a) Early scholastic school.
(c) Parochial school.
(d) Private school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is Lori excluded from?
2. What does Lori bring to each of the students in Torey's class?
3. What does Boo walk around the room agitatedly saying on the day a fellow classmate is absent from school?
4. Who goes to visit Lori at home when she continues to be absent from school?
5. What do Thomaso's fantasy's help him cope with?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)