|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Birk say about Torey's teaching methods?
(a) They need improvement.
(b) They are reasonable.
(c) They are amazing.
(d) They need adjustments.
2. What does Libby ask Torey?
(a) If Lori is retarded.
(b) If Lori will ever be smart.
(c) If Lori will pass first grade.
(d) If Lori will come back to school.
3. What does Torey fear about Birk's arrival?
(a) She will be reprimanded.
(b) She will be moved to another class.
(c) She will be fired.
(d) She will be put on probation.
4. What caused Torey to get home late from school?
(a) She was driving around thinking about the day.
(b) She was cleaning up the mess left by the children in her class.
(c) She was in a conference with Boo's mother.
(d) She was on a phone call with Birk.
5. Who does Torey yell at when the classroom continues to remain tense after Lori hides from Edna?
(d) Boo and Thomaso.
6. What does Birk urge Torey to do?
(a) Learn to enjoy her classes instead of worrying about them.
(b) Trust the parents to do the best thing for their child.
(c) Trust in others to care for her students.
(d) Accept that she can't help every child.
7. Which student has a large and unexpected set back when taken to the bathroom by another student?
8. Who is assigned to read and write for Lori when it is necessary?
9. What book does Torey use to help teach Lori to read?
(a) Dick and Jane.
(b) See Spot Run.
(d) Clifford the Big Red Dog.
10. What does an acquaintance of Torey's say starting a support group for pregnant kids will cause?
(a) An outcry.
(b) Removal of children from Torey's classroom.
(c) Removal of Torey from the school.
(d) Important information.
11. What does Thomaso do to his birthday present?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Holds it.
(c) Kicks it.
(d) Destroys it.
12. When Lori brings each student in Torey's class a present, what does she give Boo?
(a) A new box of markers.
(b) A coloring book.
(c) A picture book.
(d) A new box of crayons.
13. Who is the most upset by Boom's presence?
14. As the year draws to a close, what does Torey wish?
(a) She could have the same class next year.
(b) There was more time left with the children.
(c) The year would never end.
(d) The year would hurry and end.
15. What does Edna find out Torey is not doing for Lori?
(a) Teaching her mathematics.
(b) Teaching her reading.
(c) Teaching her spelling.
(d) Teaching her history.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Boo becomes upset that a classmate is not in school, what does Boo sit down and study?
2. Why does Lori think she is excluded from the event?
3. What happens when Boo says a word correctly?
4. What does Joc tell Torey when they have a fight?
5. Because Lori is enrolled in Edna's class, what right does Edna have?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)