Chapters One through Three
• Torey Hayden is a resource teacher who is following the federal mandate that special needs children be mainstreamed.
• Torey spends a few hours each day with small groups of 2-5 children.
• Boothe Birney Franklin (Boo) starts going to Torey's class because he continues to destroy his kindergarten classroom.
• Boo is a seven year-old who is probably autistic.
• When Boo arrives to Torey's classroom, he screams and continues to do so before he runs away from Torey and out of the room.
• Lori is the second student to join Torey's class.
• Lori is a twin who has brain damage due to abuses sustained as a child.
• Lori spends her mornings in Edna Thorsen's classroom and her afternoons in Torey's class.
• Lori is upset by Edna because Edna forces her to finish her homework before being allowed to go outside to recess.
• Due to the brain...
This section contains 1,900 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)