Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Kaname and Misako's son in?
2. What does Misako say she is incapable of when she is alone with her husband?
3. In Chapter 1, on what grounds does Misako say she will attend the show?
4. Why is Misako happy Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi away for a few days?
5. What is the weather like in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
2. What is at risk for Misako when she and Kaname divorce?
3. At the end of Chapter 12, what makes Kaname think it is unacceptable for him to stay with Misako?
4. Why is Kaname conflicted about going to the puppet theater with his father-in-law?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Kaname find out from the letter from Takanatsu?
6. Why is Misako glad that Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi to Tokyo for a few days?
7. What does Kaname think when he hears Aso will not make Misako any promises?
8. Why does Kaname decide to send a letter to Misako's father to tell him about their divorce? What does Misako's father tell Kaname after he finds out?
9. What does Kaname imagine about O-hisa at the end of Chapter 10?
10. What does Kaname look forward to seeing when he visits his father-in-law in Chapter 9? Why does Misako's father play the samisen with his eyes closed?
Analyze and interpret the relationship between Misako and Aso. How did they meet? What does Misako think of Aso? What does Aso think of Misako? What does Kaname think of Aso? What is the status of Misako and Aso's relationship by the end of the novel? Will they marry? Why or why not?
Discuss the theme of traditional versus modernity in the novel "Some Prefer Nettles." What are some examples of the traditional way or life in the novel? What are some examples of the modern way of life? What does Kaname think of traditional living and modern living?
Discuss the motif of choices in the novel "Some Prefer Nettles." What choices is Kaname struggling with? How will these decisions affect his life? What factors are involved in his decision?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)