|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Kaname gone in the past to get a chance to sleep alone?
(a) On business trips.
(b) Takanatsu's house.
(c) To his parents' house.
2. What is unique about the puppet theatre Kaname intends to visit in Chapter 9?
(a) It tells Western stories.
(b) It uses old-fashioned puppets.
(c) Its shows have a modern style.
(d) It is attended by the Imperial family.
3. How does Misako's father react to the news of their divorce?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He thinks it's a joke.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is disappointed.
4. What kind of class has Misako's father NOT sent O-hisa to?
(b) Flower arranging.
5. Why are Western-style buildings being put up in some areas of Japan?
(a) They don't require the use of Japanese natural resources to construct.
(b) They are cheap and quickly built.
(c) They are regarded as stylish.
(d) Japanese-style buildings are too unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what kind of woman does Kaname admit that he wants?
2. Where does Misako's father take her in Chapter 14?
3. How long does O-hisa wander around looking for a bathroom?
4. What is Kaname careful to stress when he tells Misako's father about their divorce?
5. What happens to the puppeteers as the puppet plays go on in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Takanatsu say will prevent Kaname and Misako from ever divorcing? .
2. What does Louise claim about her lineage, and what is the truth? What does Louise do to appeal to Kaname?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Kaname find out from the letter from Takanatsu?
4. At the end of Chapter 12, what makes Kaname think it is unacceptable for him to stay with Misako?
5. How did Japanese puppet shows originate?
6. After six months of crying nightly, what did Misako finally admit to Kaname? What did Kaname and Misako agree to after her confession?
7. How does Kaname explain Misako has changed in Chapter 14?
8. What did Kaname notice about Misako after she met Aso?
9. When does the hotel manager suggest Misako's father and his party should attend the theater? When does Misako's father want to go?
10. In Chapter 8, what does Kaname recall about the early stages of his marriage's breakdown?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)