|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kaname change into on his boat journey?
(a) A bathrobe.
(b) A pair of sandles O-hisa made for him.
(c) A brand new kimono.
(d) A Western-style suit.
2. What does Kaname admire in the village?
(a) The friendly citizens.
(b) The lush, tall trees.
(c) The village's calm and quiet.
(d) The architecture.
3. For what reason does Kaname say men usually make promises to women?
(a) To please their families.
(b) To please them.
(c) To get a promise of marriage.
(d) To deceive them.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Misako wish she had not done?
(a) Held a grudge against Kaname for so long.
(b) Lied to her fahter.
(c) Had a child.
(d) Dated Aso.
5. Where does Kaname travel after leaving Misako's father and O-hisa behind in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Kaname gone in the past to get a chance to sleep alone?
2. What are the audience members drinking during the puppet plays?
3. What does Kaname fail to admit when Misako asks him if he has found someone else?
4. What does O-hisa do for Misako's father at bed time?
5. What does Takanatsu assume when Kaname assures him that Aso's intentions are honorable?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kaname explain Misako has changed in Chapter 14?
2. In Chapter 8, what does Kaname recall about the early stages of his marriage's breakdown?
3. What does Kaname think about the relationship between his father-in-law and O-hisa in Chapter 9?
4. What does Louise claim about her lineage, and what is the truth? What does Louise do to appeal to Kaname?
5. What does Kaname imagine about O-hisa at the end of Chapter 10?
6. In Chapter 13, what does Kaname find out from the letter from Takanatsu?
7. What does Misako's father explain Kaname did by allowing Misako to see Aso?
8. What does Loiuse ask Kaname for before he leaves the brothel?
9. What establishment does Kaname go to when he reaches Kobe? Why does Kaname like to go to this place?
10. Why does Kaname decide to send a letter to Misako's father to tell him about their divorce? What does Misako's father tell Kaname after he finds out?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)