|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does O-hisa put a lot of time into getting ready for going to the theater in Chapter 10?
(a) She hot weather is making her makeup run.
(b) O-hisa wants to impress the theater goers.
(c) She doesn't want to lose Misako's father to another woman.
(d) Her appearance is important to Misako's father.
2. Where does Louise claim to be from?
3. What does Kaname wonder about O-hisa in Chapter 9?
(a) Whether she tires of her lifestyle.
(b) Whether she will ever be a respectable woman.
(c) What she truely feels for Misako's father.
(d) What her family think of her.
4. What does O-hisa say she would rather be doing than going to the theater?
(a) Visiting a temple.
(c) Going to see a movie.
(d) Gathering vegetables in the countryside.
5. Why do Kaname and his hosts leave the puppet plays early?
(a) To prepare for the next day's pilgrimage.
(b) The show becomes uninteresting.
(c) The theater is too hot and crowded.
(d) Misako's father begins to feel ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Japanese puppet plays originate?
2. What does Kaname do when he cannot fall asleep in Chapter 9?
3. What do Kaname and his hosts spend the evening doing after leaving the puppet theater?
4. How does Kaname say he feels about Misako going to Aso?
5. What instrument does O-hisa play while Kaname and Misako's father talk?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Kaname notice about Misako after she met Aso?
2. What does Kaname note about the village he is in in Chapter 10?
3. What does Louise claim about her lineage, and what is the truth? What does Louise do to appeal to Kaname?
4. What does Loiuse ask Kaname for before he leaves the brothel?
5. How did Japanese puppet shows originate?
6. What does Kaname think when he hears Aso will not make Misako any promises?
7. What establishment does Kaname go to when he reaches Kobe? Why does Kaname like to go to this place?
8. When does the hotel manager suggest Misako's father and his party should attend the theater? When does Misako's father want to go?
9. What popular tradition among stylish gentlemen is explained in Chapter 9?
10. In Chapter 8, what does Takanatsu say will prevent Kaname and Misako from ever divorcing? .
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)