|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Misako's father send O-hisa to classes?
(a) To make it easier for her to find someone new after he dies.
(b) So that she will be more useful around the house.
(c) O-hisa begged him to.
(d) Because it is common for a woman her age to take lessons.
2. What does Kaname do while Misako and her father are out in Chapter 14?
(a) He takes a bath.
(b) Naps on the porch.
(c) Plays with the dog.
(d) Writes a letter to Hiroshi.
3. Why does O-hisa put a lot of time into getting ready for going to the theater in Chapter 10?
(a) She hot weather is making her makeup run.
(b) O-hisa wants to impress the theater goers.
(c) Her appearance is important to Misako's father.
(d) She doesn't want to lose Misako's father to another woman.
4. How often does Kaname visit Louise?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Twice a month.
(c) Every two months.
(d) Once a year.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Misako wish she had not done?
(a) Lied to her fahter.
(b) Held a grudge against Kaname for so long.
(c) Had a child.
(d) Dated Aso.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Louise claim to be from?
2. Where did Misako meet Aso?
3. What does Kaname say has caused Misako to develop a hard, bitter edge?
4. What does Misako inform Kaname that Takanatsu did?
5. In Chapter 14, what kind of woman does Kaname admit that he wants?
Short Essay Questions
1. After six months of crying nightly, what did Misako finally admit to Kaname? What did Kaname and Misako agree to after her confession?
2. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Kaname realize he wants?
3. What does Kaname look forward to seeing when he visits his father-in-law in Chapter 9? Why does Misako's father play the samisen with his eyes closed?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Kaname find out from the letter from Takanatsu?
5. What does Loiuse ask Kaname for before he leaves the brothel?
6. In Chapter 8, what does Takanatsu say will prevent Kaname and Misako from ever divorcing? .
7. What does Kaname imagine about O-hisa at the end of Chapter 10?
8. What does Kaname think about the relationship between his father-in-law and O-hisa in Chapter 9?
9. What does Kaname think when he hears Aso will not make Misako any promises?
10. What popular tradition among stylish gentlemen is explained in Chapter 9?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)