|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving their room, what does O-hisa want to return for in Chapter 10?
(a) A hairpin.
(b) A more comfortable pair of shoes.
(c) Her handbag.
(d) Her parasol.
2. How many holy places will Misako's father's pilgrimage stop at?
3. Where has Kaname gone in the past to get a chance to sleep alone?
(a) On business trips.
(b) To his parents' house.
(c) Takanatsu's house.
4. How often does Kaname visit Louise?
(a) Every two months.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Twice a month.
5. How did Misako deal with Kaname's neglect?
(a) She started seeing other men.
(b) She had a baby in hopes of improving her marriage.
(c) She did everything she could to please Kaname.
(d) She cried at night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kaname think Misako's father treats O-hisa?
2. What does Misako's father say Kaname did by urging her to date Aso?
3. What does Misako's father apologize to Kaname for?
4. What does Kaname do when he cannot fall asleep in Chapter 9?
5. Who does Kaname recall while listening to the music in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Misako's father done to ensure O-hisa will be taken care of after he dies?
2. What popular tradition among stylish gentlemen is explained in Chapter 9?
3. What does Kaname think about as he tries to fall asleep in Chapter 9?
4. What does Misako's father explain Kaname did by allowing Misako to see Aso?
5. How does Kaname explain Misako has changed in Chapter 14?
6. After assuring Takanatsu that Aso's intentions are honorable, what does Takanatsu assume?
7. In Chapter 10, what does O-hisa say she would rather be doing than going to see the theater shows?
8. What establishment does Kaname go to when he reaches Kobe? Why does Kaname like to go to this place?
9. What does Kaname think when he hears Aso will not make Misako any promises?
10. In Chapter 13, what does Kaname find out from the letter from Takanatsu?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)