|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Takanatsu say will happen if Kaname doesn't make a decision about the divorce?
(a) Aso will lose interest in Misako.
(b) Hiroshi will figure out something is wrong.
(c) Misako will make false accusations against Kaname.
(d) The divorce will never happen.
2. In Chapter 13, what does Misako wish she had not done?
(a) Lied to her fahter.
(b) Dated Aso.
(c) Had a child.
(d) Held a grudge against Kaname for so long.
3. What does Kaname fail to admit when Misako asks him if he has found someone else?
(a) That he sees prostitutes from time to time.
(b) That he doesn't care if Misako is having an affair.
(c) That he had a child with another woman.
(d) That he has had a mistress for three years.
4. Why does Misako's father close his eyes while he sings in Chapter 7?
(a) He is moved by the music.
(b) To pretend to be blind.
(c) He is embarassed.
(d) The candle light hurts his eyes.
5. What happens to the puppeteers as the puppet plays go on in Chapter 11?
(a) They start to make mistakes.
(b) They stop the show and walk out.
(c) They get angry with the audience.
(d) They get drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the old house Kaname visits in Chapter 12 used for?
2. In Chapter 14, what kind of woman does Kaname admit that he wants?
3. What do Kaname and his hosts spend the evening doing after leaving the puppet theater?
4. In Chapter 10, what time do the puppet plays begin at the theater?
5. Who does Kaname recall while listening to the music in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kaname decide to send a letter to Misako's father to tell him about their divorce? What does Misako's father tell Kaname after he finds out?
2. At the end of Chapter 12, what makes Kaname think it is unacceptable for him to stay with Misako?
3. What does Louise claim about her lineage, and what is the truth? What does Louise do to appeal to Kaname?
4. How does Kaname explain Misako has changed in Chapter 14?
5. After assuring Takanatsu that Aso's intentions are honorable, what does Takanatsu assume?
6. In Chapter 10, what does O-hisa say she would rather be doing than going to see the theater shows?
7. How did Japanese puppet shows originate?
8. What does Kaname look forward to seeing when he visits his father-in-law in Chapter 9? Why does Misako's father play the samisen with his eyes closed?
9. What does Kaname think about the relationship between his father-in-law and O-hisa in Chapter 9?
10. How did Hiroshi find out about his parents' separation?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)