|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kaname inform Misako's father about their divorce?
(a) He tells him over dinner.
(b) He sends a letter.
(c) He blurts out the news suddenly.
(d) Over the telephone.
2. What instrument does O-hisa play while Kaname and Misako's father talk?
(a) A taiko drum.
(b) A bamboo flute.
(c) A biwa.
(d) A samisen.
3. What does Misako's father apologize to Kaname for?
(a) Not realizing something was wrong.
(b) Being a tough father-in-law.
(c) Insisting Kaname and Misako to marry in the first place.
(d) Misako's behavior.
4. In Chapter 9, what season is it when Kaname accepts an invitation from his father-in-law?
5. How long has Misako been seeing Aso for?
(a) Two years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Kaname first see Aso with Misako?
2. Who were the originators of Japanese puppets?
3. What does Misako express a determination to do in the letter from Takanatsu?
4. What does Kaname admit he has been hoping would happen for years?
5. What kind of people are said to have a popular tradition of going on pilgrimage in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What popular tradition among stylish gentlemen is explained in Chapter 9?
2. At the end of Chapter 12, what makes Kaname think it is unacceptable for him to stay with Misako?
3. What establishment does Kaname go to when he reaches Kobe? Why does Kaname like to go to this place?
4. In Chapter 8, what does Takanatsu say will prevent Kaname and Misako from ever divorcing? .
5. In Chapter 10, what does O-hisa say she would rather be doing than going to see the theater shows?
6. When does the hotel manager suggest Misako's father and his party should attend the theater? When does Misako's father want to go?
7. Describe the puppet theater in Chapter 11.
8. What did Kaname notice about Misako after she met Aso?
9. In Chapter 8, what does Kaname recall about the early stages of his marriage's breakdown?
10. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Kaname realize he wants?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)