|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Misako's father close his eyes while he sings in Chapter 7?
(a) He is embarassed.
(b) The candle light hurts his eyes.
(c) To pretend to be blind.
(d) He is moved by the music.
2. What does O-hisa apply to her skin while Misako's father and Kaname wait?
(a) White powder.
(d) A bug repellant.
3. What do Kaname and his hosts spend the evening doing after leaving the puppet theater?
(a) Playing cards.
(b) Practicing chants.
(c) Listening to and playing music.
(d) Telling each other stories.
4. Where does Kaname go to see Misako's father?
5. How does Kaname think Misako's father treats O-hisa?
(a) Like a wife.
(b) Like a daughter.
(c) Like a servant.
(d) Like a pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Misako's clothes made of?
2. What does O-hisa do for Misako's father at bed time?
3. What instrument does O-hisa play while Kaname and Misako's father talk?
4. What does Misako express a determination to do in the letter from Takanatsu?
5. What does Kaname do when he cannot fall asleep in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. After six months of crying nightly, what did Misako finally admit to Kaname? What did Kaname and Misako agree to after her confession?
2. What does Louise claim about her lineage, and what is the truth? What does Louise do to appeal to Kaname?
3. When does the hotel manager suggest Misako's father and his party should attend the theater? When does Misako's father want to go?
4. How did Japanese puppet shows originate?
5. How does Kaname explain Misako has changed in Chapter 14?
6. What memory does Kaname recall as he is listening to the samisen music? Why does he think this memory is significant?
7. What does Misako's father explain Kaname did by allowing Misako to see Aso?
8. Where does Kaname note Western-style buildings are erected in Japan?
9. After assuring Takanatsu that Aso's intentions are honorable, what does Takanatsu assume?
10. What establishment does Kaname go to when he reaches Kobe? Why does Kaname like to go to this place?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)