|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kaname travel after leaving Misako's father and O-hisa behind in Chapter 11?
2. Why does O-hisa put a lot of time into getting ready for going to the theater in Chapter 10?
(a) O-hisa wants to impress the theater goers.
(b) Her appearance is important to Misako's father.
(c) She hot weather is making her makeup run.
(d) She doesn't want to lose Misako's father to another woman.
3. Where does Misako's father stop on his way to the puppet theater?
(a) Antique shops.
(b) A tavern.
(c) Book shops.
(d) A candy shop.
4. When did Kaname begin to withdraw sexually from Misako?
(a) After he found out about Aso.
(b) Immediately after they married.
(c) Five years after they married.
(d) Within a year of marriage.
5. Where does Misako's father take her in Chapter 14?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To visit her mother's grave.
(c) For a walk to see the cherry blossoms.
(d) Out for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does O-hisa say she would rather be doing than going to the theater?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Kaname think about the village?
3. What does Misako inform Kaname that Takanatsu did?
4. Why do Kaname and his hosts leave the puppet plays early?
5. How do the people in the puppet theater behave?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Kaname recall about the early stages of his marriage's breakdown?
2. When does the hotel manager suggest Misako's father and his party should attend the theater? When does Misako's father want to go?
3. In Chapter 10, what does O-hisa say she would rather be doing than going to see the theater shows?
4. What does Kaname think when he hears Aso will not make Misako any promises?
5. Where does Kaname note Western-style buildings are erected in Japan?
6. At the end of Chapter 12, what makes Kaname think it is unacceptable for him to stay with Misako?
7. What memory does Kaname recall as he is listening to the samisen music? Why does he think this memory is significant?
8. After assuring Takanatsu that Aso's intentions are honorable, what does Takanatsu assume?
9. Why does Kaname decide to send a letter to Misako's father to tell him about their divorce? What does Misako's father tell Kaname after he finds out?
10. What does Louise claim about her lineage, and what is the truth? What does Louise do to appeal to Kaname?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)