|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Kaname say men usually make promises to women?
(a) To deceive them.
(b) To please them.
(c) To please their families.
(d) To get a promise of marriage.
2. What are the audience members drinking during the puppet plays?
(d) Barley tea.
3. Where does Louise claim to be from?
4. How does Takanatsu feel about Misako's situation with Aso in Chapter 7?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is worried.
(c) He is relieved.
(d) He is saddened.
5. What does O-hisa use hot water for in Chapter 10?
(a) To fix her hair.
(b) To remove a stain from Misako's father's kimono.
(c) To wash her hair pins.
(d) To make some tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kaname go to see Misako's father?
2. In Chapter 10, what does Kaname think about the village?
3. What kind of people are said to have a popular tradition of going on pilgrimage in Chapter 7?
4. What kind of woman does Misako's father say Misako is?
5. What does O-hisa apply to her skin while Misako's father and Kaname wait?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kaname look forward to seeing when he visits his father-in-law in Chapter 9? Why does Misako's father play the samisen with his eyes closed?
2. After six months of crying nightly, what did Misako finally admit to Kaname? What did Kaname and Misako agree to after her confession?
3. In Chapter 8, what does Takanatsu say will prevent Kaname and Misako from ever divorcing? .
4. How did Japanese puppet shows originate?
5. When does the hotel manager suggest Misako's father and his party should attend the theater? When does Misako's father want to go?
6. Describe the puppet theater in Chapter 11.
7. What does Kaname note about the village he is in in Chapter 10?
8. What does Kaname think when he hears Aso will not make Misako any promises?
9. At the end of Chapter 14, what does Kaname realize he wants?
10. In Chapter 13, what does Kaname find out from the letter from Takanatsu?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)