|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kaname fail to admit when Misako asks him if he has found someone else?
(a) That he had a child with another woman.
(b) That he has had a mistress for three years.
(c) That he doesn't care if Misako is having an affair.
(d) That he sees prostitutes from time to time.
2. What does Misako's father say Kaname did by urging her to date Aso?
(a) Admitted Aso was a better man than he.
(b) Put her in a situation she could not back out of.
(c) Ruined Misako's reputation.
(d) Made it impossible for Misako's father to forgive Kaname.
3. What insect pesters Kaname when he is in the garden in Chapter 14?
(a) A bee.
(d) A house fly.
4. How long has Misako been seeing Aso for?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Two years.
5. Who does Kaname imagine O-hisa as at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) The girl who lived next door to him as a child.
(b) A member of the Imperial family.
(c) An old fashioned actress.
(d) His own mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of class has Misako's father NOT sent O-hisa to?
2. Why does Misako's father close his eyes while he sings in Chapter 7?
3. How long does O-hisa wander around looking for a bathroom?
4. Where do Kaname and his hosts sit in the theater Chapter 11?
5. Where have Western-style buildings been erected in Japan?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)