|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the originators of Japanese puppets?
(a) School children.
(c) Traveling minstrels.
(d) Artists of the Imperial court.
2. What does Misako inform Kaname that Takanatsu did?
(a) Got remarried.
(b) Spoke to her father.
(c) Told Hiroshi about their separation.
(d) Invited Misako to live in China.
3. What does Misako express a determination to do in the letter from Takanatsu?
(a) Find a job.
(b) Have more children.
(d) Move abroad.
4. What does O-hisa use hot water for in Chapter 10?
(a) To remove a stain from Misako's father's kimono.
(b) To make some tea.
(c) To wash her hair pins.
(d) To fix her hair.
5. What are the audience members drinking during the puppet plays?
(b) Barley tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Takanatsu think about Aso's honesty in Chapter 7?
2. What is the Japanese word for the sash O-hisa wears?
3. Where does Misako's father take her in Chapter 14?
4. Where did Kaname first see Aso with Misako?
5. Why do Kaname and his hosts leave the puppet plays early?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)