|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Takanatsu urge Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Make up with Misako.
(b) Tell his father-in-law about his marriage troubles.
(c) Come to stay at his vacation home.
(d) Speak to Hiroshi about the divorce.
2. Why does Takanatsu joke that Kaname will ruin his second marriage?
(a) Because Kaname is a woman-worshipper.
(b) Because Kaname is incapable of being happy.
(c) Because Kaname will feel guilt about Misako.
(d) Because Kaname is not suited to marriage.
3. In Chapter 6, what time does Misako wake up in the morning?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
4. What does Osaka remind Kaname of?
(a) His childhood.
(b) The unrefined merchant class.
(c) Japanese isolationism.
(d) The war.
5. What might make Misako's boyfriend unwilling to marry her?
(a) If Kaname refuses to pay her alimony.
(b) If she stays with Kaname much longer.
(c) If Misako's father disowns her.
(d) If Misako has custody of her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Aso live?
2. How does Kaname think of Tokyoites in comparison to Osakans?
3. How does Hiroshi amuse his father and Takanatsu in Chapter 4?
4. How does Misako expect people will view Kaname after their divorce?
5. What is the name of the dog Takanatsu brings for Hiroshi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
2. What does Kaname think about on the train ride to the puppet theater?
3. What have Misako and Aso decided together that Aso need not promise her?
4. In Chapter 7, what does Misako think will happen to her after her divorce becomes public knowledge?
5. What does Misako note about Peony's behavior when Peony and Kaname meet her at the train station? How does this relate to Kaname?
6. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
7. What does Misako notice about her relationship with Kaname when Takanatsu is around? To what does she attribute this difference?
8. What does Kaname suspect Misako would rather do instead of attending the puppet theater?
9. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
10. What does Kaname think about the female puppet in the show? Who does the puppet remind him of and why?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)