|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aso?
(a) Misako's boyfriend.
(b) Misako's cousin.
(c) Kaname's employer.
(d) The babysitter.
2. In Chapter 6, what time does Misako wake up in the morning?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Eight o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
3. What holiday does Misako take mental note of in Chapter 6?
(a) New Year.
(b) The Doll Festival.
(d) Children's Day.
4. Why does Takanatsu joke that Kaname will ruin his second marriage?
(a) Because Kaname will feel guilt about Misako.
(b) Because Kaname is incapable of being happy.
(c) Because Kaname is a woman-worshipper.
(d) Because Kaname is not suited to marriage.
5. Why does Kaname think he should attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) To show familiar respect to his father-in-law.
(b) The show has been getting good reviews.
(c) He wants to please his wife.
(d) The show is closing soon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decade does "Some Prefer Nettles" take place in?
2. What is the name of Kaname and Misako's son?
3. What do Misako and Takanatsu joke Lindy might catch a disease by doing?
4. How does Misako describe dating?
5. What breed of dog does Takanatsu bring for Hiroshi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is O-hisa? What does Misako think of O-hisa?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for during his entire marriage?
3. How did Takanatsu inform his wife he wanted a divorce?
4. In chapter 3, what does Kaname consider he has always hated? What does Kaname admit Osaka reminds him of?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Misako think will happen to her after her divorce becomes public knowledge?
6. How does Misako feel at the beginning of Chapter 6?
7. What have Misako and Aso decided together that Aso need not promise her?
8. What does Takanatsu encourage Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
9. Why is Misako glad that Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi to Tokyo for a few days?
10. How does Kaname think Osakans are different from Tokyoites?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)