Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade is Kaname and Misako's son in?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Second grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
2. What does Misako say she is incapable of when she is alone with her husband?
(a) Showing Kaname affection.
(b) Acting sensibly.
(c) Saying what she wants.
(d) Letting Kaname get his own way.
3. In Chapter 1, on what grounds does Misako say she will attend the show?
(a) If Kaname does.
(b) If she can find a babysitter.
(c) If they go to dinner afterward.
(d) If the weather improves.
4. Why is Misako happy Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi away for a few days?
(a) She can find out how well she can cope without Hiroshi.
(b) Hiroshi hasn't had much fun lately.
(c) She wants Hiroshi to experience life in Tokyo.
(d) She wants a few days of quiet.
5. What is the weather like in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the dog Takanatsu brings for Hiroshi?
2. What season is it in Chapter 6?
3. What do Misako and Takanatsu joke about Lindy?
4. What has Aso not promised Misako?
5. What does Misako avoid as she helps Kaname dress for the show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
2. What is at risk for Misako when she and Kaname divorce?
3. At the end of Chapter 12, what makes Kaname think it is unacceptable for him to stay with Misako?
4. Why is Kaname conflicted about going to the puppet theater with his father-in-law?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Kaname find out from the letter from Takanatsu?
6. Why is Misako glad that Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi to Tokyo for a few days?
7. What does Kaname think when he hears Aso will not make Misako any promises?
8. Why does Kaname decide to send a letter to Misako's father to tell him about their divorce? What does Misako's father tell Kaname after he finds out?
9. What does Kaname imagine about O-hisa at the end of Chapter 10?
10. What does Kaname look forward to seeing when he visits his father-in-law in Chapter 9? Why does Misako's father play the samisen with his eyes closed?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)