|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Aso?
(a) The babysitter.
(b) Misako's boyfriend.
(c) Kaname's employer.
(d) Misako's cousin.
2. How is Misako and Kaname's relationship affected when Takanatsu is around?
(a) They stop talking to each other.
(b) They act just the same as they normally do.
(c) They have a happier manner with each other.
(d) They easily get angry with each other.
3. What does Osaka remind Kaname of?
(a) Japanese isolationism.
(b) His childhood.
(c) The war.
(d) The unrefined merchant class.
4. Why does Misako get up early on most days?
(a) To get Hiroshi ready for school.
(b) To listen to the news on the radio.
(c) To get Kaname's clothing ready.
(d) To take the dog for a walk.
5. What does Takanatsu think Kaname should tell Hiroshi about his parents' marriage?
(a) The truth.
(b) That Misako is to blame for everything.
(c) That Kaname is to blame for everything.
(d) That Misako's father wants her to marry someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Takanatsu tell his wife he wanted a divorce?
2. What does Kaname say would make it much easier for him to leave Misako?
3. What does Misako avoid as she helps Kaname dress for the show?
4. What is Kaname looking for in the book he is reading in Chapter 6?
5. Why does Kaname think Misako is in a hurry to get home after the puppet show?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is O-hisa? What does Misako think of O-hisa?
2. What does Hiroshi worry about the trip Takanatsu invites him on to Tokyo?
3. How does Kaname compare the portrayal of women in Hollywood films to their portrayal in Japanese art from the Edo period?
4. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
5. What have Misako and Aso decided together that Aso need not promise her?
6. What does Misako notice about her relationship with Kaname when Takanatsu is around? To what does she attribute this difference?
7. What does Misako note about Peony's behavior when Peony and Kaname meet her at the train station? How does this relate to Kaname?
8. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
9. In Chapter 7, what does Misako think will happen to her after her divorce becomes public knowledge?
10. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)