|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man does Kaname say he is in Chapter 3?
(a) A man's man.
(b) A family man.
(c) A woman-worshipper.
2. Why does Kaname think he should attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) He wants to please his wife.
(b) The show has been getting good reviews.
(c) To show familiar respect to his father-in-law.
(d) The show is closing soon.
3. Who is Aso?
(a) Misako's boyfriend.
(b) The babysitter.
(c) Misako's cousin.
(d) Kaname's employer.
4. What is Kaname moved by in the next act of the puppet show in Chapter 3?
(a) The pain of a neglected wife.
(b) The pressures put on a family's eldest son.
(c) The strained relationship of a father and son.
(d) The death of a family pet.
5. Worried about going with Takanatsu, what excuse does Hiroshi use to excuse himself from the trip?
(a) He has been feeling unwell.
(b) He made a promise to visit a friend.
(c) He doesn't want to leave his dog.
(d) He has homework to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Kaname and Misako's son?
2. Where does Aso live?
3. What does Takanatsu think Kaname should tell Hiroshi about his parents' marriage?
4. What does Kaname say would make it much easier for him to leave Misako?
5. What breed is Kaname's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What have Misako and Aso decided together that Aso need not promise her?
2. Who is Takanatsu? What does Takanatsu bring Hiroshi as a present?
3. In Chapter 5, what personality trait do Kaname and Takanatsu acknowledge that Kaname and Misako share?
4. What does Misako note about Peony's behavior when Peony and Kaname meet her at the train station? How does this relate to Kaname?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for during his entire marriage?
6. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
7. What holiday does Misako think about in Chapter 6? What does she wonder about this day?
8. How does Misako feel at the beginning of Chapter 6?
9. Who is O-hisa? What does Misako think of O-hisa?
10. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)