|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
(a) Recommend a lawyer.
(b) Let Kaname stay at his house.
(c) Speak to his father-in-law.
(d) Speak to Hiroshi.
2. What does Kaname think Misako would rather do than attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) Stay home and relax.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Work in her garden.
(d) See her boyfriend.
3. What does Kaname say he and Misako cannot find in one another?
4. How does Takanatsu suggest Hiroshi exercise the dog?
(a) By tying it to his bicycle.
(b) By going swimming with it.
(c) By throwing a ball for it.
(d) By running to the park with it.
5. What is Kaname looking for in the book he is reading in Chapter 6?
(a) A favorite passage.
(b) A note he wrote on one page.
(c) Dirty stories.
(d) The spot where he left off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Misako tell Takanatsu that she is in Chapter 7?
2. How do Kaname and Misako treat each other at home?
3. How does Misako expect people will view Kaname after their divorce?
4. What does Kaname acknowledge about his relationship with Misako in Chapter 5?
5. What does Misako say she is incapable of when she is alone with her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Misako glad that Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi to Tokyo for a few days?
2. What does Takanatsu encourage Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
3. How does Kaname think Osakans are different from Tokyoites?
4. What holiday does Misako think about in Chapter 6? What does she wonder about this day?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Misako think will happen to her after her divorce becomes public knowledge?
6. What does Takanatsu advise Hiroshi about getting his two dogs to be friends?
7. What sort of woman does Kaname tell Takanatsu he is looking for? What does Takanatsu joke about Kaname's post-divorce life?
8. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
9. What have Misako and Aso decided together that Aso need not promise her?
10. What is at risk for Misako when she and Kaname divorce?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)