|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Misako happy Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi away for a few days?
(a) She wants Hiroshi to experience life in Tokyo.
(b) She can find out how well she can cope without Hiroshi.
(c) Hiroshi hasn't had much fun lately.
(d) She wants a few days of quiet.
2. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
(a) Speak to Hiroshi.
(b) Recommend a lawyer.
(c) Speak to his father-in-law.
(d) Let Kaname stay at his house.
3. Where does Aso live?
4. What is the name of Kaname's dog?
5. Why was Takanatsu originally told about Kaname and Misako's marital problems?
(a) He asked if something was wrong.
(b) Kaname wanted Takanatsu to chide Misako.
(c) Misako desperately needed someone to talk to.
(d) So he could help mediate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kaname think of Tokyoites in comparison to Osakans?
2. What does Misako avoid as she helps Kaname dress for the show?
3. What did Kaname's father do for a living?
4. What has Hiroshi heard about male dogs?
5. What does Misako say Takanatsu's breath smells like?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for during his entire marriage?
2. After six months of crying nightly, what did Misako finally admit to Kaname? What did Kaname and Misako agree to after her confession?
3. How did Japanese puppet shows originate?
4. What sort of woman does Kaname tell Takanatsu he is looking for? What does Takanatsu joke about Kaname's post-divorce life?
5. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
6. What does Kaname look forward to seeing when he visits his father-in-law in Chapter 9? Why does Misako's father play the samisen with his eyes closed?
7. What popular tradition among stylish gentlemen is explained in Chapter 9?
8. What does Misako note about Peony's behavior when Peony and Kaname meet her at the train station? How does this relate to Kaname?
9. In Chapter 13, what does Kaname find out from the letter from Takanatsu?
10. Who is Takanatsu? What does Takanatsu bring Hiroshi as a present?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)