|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What breed of dog does Takanatsu bring for Hiroshi?
(a) A bloodhound.
(b) A bulldog.
(c) A greyhound.
(d) A St. Bernard.
2. What does Misako say Aso hates in Chapter 6?
(a) Society's rules.
3. What does Kaname think Misako would rather do than attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) See her boyfriend.
(b) Stay home and relax.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Work in her garden.
4. Why was Takanatsu originally told about Kaname and Misako's marital problems?
(a) So he could help mediate.
(b) Misako desperately needed someone to talk to.
(c) Kaname wanted Takanatsu to chide Misako.
(d) He asked if something was wrong.
5. What did Kaname's father do for a living?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was a merchant.
(c) He was a farmer.
(d) He was a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what time does Misako wake up in the morning?
2. Who is Aso?
3. How did Takanatsu tell his wife he wanted a divorce?
4. What does Misako think of her father's mistress?
5. Why does Misako follow Takanatsu to his room in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kaname compare the portrayal of women in Hollywood films to their portrayal in Japanese art from the Edo period?
2. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
3. Why does Kaname wish Misako was a loose woman?
4. What does Takanatsu advise Hiroshi about getting his two dogs to be friends?
5. How does Kaname think Osakans are different from Tokyoites?
6. In Chapter 3, what is Kaname moved by in the puppet show? What does he think the show perfectly conveys?
7. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
8. What does Kaname think about on the train ride to the puppet theater?
9. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
10. Who is O-hisa? What does Misako think of O-hisa?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)