|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decade does "Some Prefer Nettles" take place in?
2. What does Misako try not to do in the booth at the theater?
(a) Speak to her father's mistress.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Touch Kaname.
(d) Drink too much.
3. What does Misako say Aso hates in Chapter 6?
(b) Society's rules.
4. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
(a) Speak to Hiroshi.
(b) Speak to his father-in-law.
(c) Let Kaname stay at his house.
(d) Recommend a lawyer.
5. Where does Takanatsu live?
Short Answer Questions
1. When news of her divorce comes out, what does Misako expect to be painted as?
2. What does Misako say Takanatsu's breath smells like?
3. How did Takanatsu tell his wife he wanted a divorce?
4. What does Takanatsu say about the different types of women in Chapter 5?
5. What does Osaka remind Kaname of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
2. In Chapter 5, what personality trait do Kaname and Takanatsu acknowledge that Kaname and Misako share?
3. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
4. How did Takanatsu inform his wife he wanted a divorce?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Kaname recall about the early stages of his marriage's breakdown?
6. What has Misako's father done to ensure O-hisa will be taken care of after he dies?
7. What does Hiroshi worry about the trip Takanatsu invites him on to Tokyo?
8. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
9. What does Takanatsu advise Hiroshi about getting his two dogs to be friends?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Misako think will happen to her after her divorce becomes public knowledge?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)