|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Misako tell Takanatsu that she is in Chapter 7?
(a) Bored to death.
(c) A horrible mother.
(d) A loose woman.
2. What book is Kaname reading in Chapter 6?
(b) An anatomy book.
(c) The Jungle Book.
(d) The Arabian Nights.
3. What does Misako try not to do in the booth at the theater?
(a) Speak to her father's mistress.
(b) Fall asleep.
(c) Touch Kaname.
(d) Drink too much.
4. In Chapter 3, after the puppet show ends, what does Misako indicate it is a good time to do?
(a) For her and Kaname to leave.
(b) To go to the restroom.
(c) To order some food.
(d) To call home to check on their son.
5. In Chapter 6, what time does Misako wake up in the morning?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for for his entire marriage?
2. Why does Kaname think he should attend the show in Chapter 1?
3. How does Kaname react to the puppet shows?
4. What has Hiroshi heard about male dogs?
5. How does Misako describe marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Takanatsu inform his wife he wanted a divorce?
2. What sort of woman does Kaname tell Takanatsu he is looking for? What does Takanatsu joke about Kaname's post-divorce life?
3. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
4. How does Kaname think Osakans are different from Tokyoites?
5. What does Takanatsu encourage Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
6. Why is Misako glad that Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi to Tokyo for a few days?
7. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
8. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
9. In Chapter 7, what does Misako think will happen to her after her divorce becomes public knowledge?
10. What does Kaname think about the female puppet in the show? Who does the puppet remind him of and why?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)