|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Takanatsu urge Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Speak to Hiroshi about the divorce.
(b) Tell his father-in-law about his marriage troubles.
(c) Make up with Misako.
(d) Come to stay at his vacation home.
2. What is the name of Misako's father's mistress?
3. What do Kaname and Takanatsu agree on in reference to Kaname's and Misako's personalities?
(a) They are naive.
(b) They don't think before they act.
(c) They are optimists.
(d) They are procrastinators.
4. What has Hiroshi heard about male dogs?
(a) That they easily get lonely.
(b) That they don't fight with female dogs.
(c) That they are dangerous around children.
(d) That they live longer than females.
5. What does Misako avoid as she helps Kaname dress for the show?
(a) Stepping on Kaname's feet.
(b) Knocking over a glass of water.
(c) Making eye contact.
(d) Lifting her injured arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Misako comment Kaname always likes in Chapter 6?
2. What grade is Kaname and Misako's son in?
3. What has Aso not promised Misako?
4. In Chapter 6, what does Hiroshi imagine Takanatsu telling him on the train?
5. How do Kaname and Misako treat each other at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kaname conflicted about going to the puppet theater with his father-in-law?
2. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
3. Why is Misako glad that Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi to Tokyo for a few days?
4. Who is O-hisa? What does Misako think of O-hisa?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
6. In Chapter 5, what personality trait do Kaname and Takanatsu acknowledge that Kaname and Misako share?
7. How does Kaname compare the portrayal of women in Hollywood films to their portrayal in Japanese art from the Edo period?
8. In Chapter 7, what does Misako think will happen to her after her divorce becomes public knowledge?
9. What does Misako notice about her relationship with Kaname when Takanatsu is around? To what does she attribute this difference?
10. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)