|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Takanatsu?
(a) Misako's brother.
(b) Kaname's cousin.
(c) Kaname's co-worker.
(d) Hiroshi's schoolmate.
2. Why does Misako follow Takanatsu to his room in Chapter 7?
(a) To collect his laundry.
(b) To receive a souvenir.
(c) To look at a book.
(d) To show him how to open the window.
3. What do Misako and Takanatsu joke about Lindy?
(a) Whether other dogs will recognize her as a dog.
(b) Whether she is prettier than Misako.
(c) Whether Kaname will like her more than his own dog.
(d) Whether she is a foreign spy.
4. What does Kaname think Misako would rather do than attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) Work in her garden.
(b) Stay home and relax.
(c) See her boyfriend.
(d) Go shopping.
5. What is the name of Misako's father's mistress?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Aso?
2. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
3. Why does Misako get up early on most days?
4. What city do Kaname and Misako live in?
5. How does Kaname think of Tokyoites in comparison to Osakans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kaname wish Misako was a loose woman?
2. Why is Misako glad that Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi to Tokyo for a few days?
3. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
4. Who is Takanatsu? What does Takanatsu bring Hiroshi as a present?
5. What have Misako and Aso decided together that Aso need not promise her?
6. What does Kaname think about the female puppet in the show? Who does the puppet remind him of and why?
7. In Chapter 3, what is Kaname moved by in the puppet show? What does he think the show perfectly conveys?
8. What holiday does Misako think about in Chapter 6? What does she wonder about this day?
9. What sort of woman does Kaname tell Takanatsu he is looking for? What does Takanatsu joke about Kaname's post-divorce life?
10. What does Misako note about Peony's behavior when Peony and Kaname meet her at the train station? How does this relate to Kaname?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)