|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When news of her divorce comes out, what does Misako expect to be painted as?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A hussy.
(c) An abused wife.
(d) A ingrate.
2. Why does Misako follow Takanatsu to his room in Chapter 7?
(a) To show him how to open the window.
(b) To collect his laundry.
(c) To receive a souvenir.
(d) To look at a book.
3. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
(a) Recommend a lawyer.
(b) Speak to Hiroshi.
(c) Let Kaname stay at his house.
(d) Speak to his father-in-law.
4. What has Hiroshi heard about male dogs?
(a) That they are dangerous around children.
(b) That they easily get lonely.
(c) That they live longer than females.
(d) That they don't fight with female dogs.
5. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for for his entire marriage?
(a) Another woman to replace Misako.
(b) A way out of the marriage.
(c) A sign that Misako is proud of him.
(d) A way to connect with Misako.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in Chapter 6?
2. What does Misako wonder about in regards to the upcoming holiday?
3. What does Misako say Takanatsu's breath smells like?
4. How does Kaname react to the puppet shows?
5. What is Kaname worried about facing if he gets divorced at the wrong time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
2. How does Misako feel at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. What does Takanatsu encourage Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
4. Why does Kaname wish Misako was a loose woman?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for during his entire marriage?
6. What does Misako notice about her relationship with Kaname when Takanatsu is around? To what does she attribute this difference?
7. What holiday does Misako think about in Chapter 6? What does she wonder about this day?
8. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
9. What does Kaname think about the female puppet in the show? Who does the puppet remind him of and why?
10. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)