|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Worried about going with Takanatsu, what excuse does Hiroshi use to excuse himself from the trip?
(a) He has been feeling unwell.
(b) He doesn't want to leave his dog.
(c) He has homework to do.
(d) He made a promise to visit a friend.
2. What does Takanatsu have in his suitcase in Chapter 7?
(a) Art supplies.
(b) Family photographs.
(c) Pieces of fabric.
(d) Some film magazines.
3. What is the name of the dog Takanatsu brings for Hiroshi?
4. What does Misako say Takanatsu's breath smells like?
5. What city do Kaname and Misako live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kaname react to the puppet shows?
2. What is the weather like in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 3, after the puppet show ends, what does Misako indicate it is a good time to do?
4. Who is Takanatsu?
5. How does Takanatsu suggest Hiroshi exercise the dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do O-hisa and Misako's father have such difficulty tying her kimono sash?
2. What does Kaname think about on the train ride to the puppet theater?
3. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
4. How did Hiroshi find out about his parents' separation?
5. What sort of woman does Kaname tell Takanatsu he is looking for? What does Takanatsu joke about Kaname's post-divorce life?
6. Where does Kaname note Western-style buildings are erected in Japan?
7. At the end of Chapter 12, what makes Kaname think it is unacceptable for him to stay with Misako?
8. How did Takanatsu inform his wife he wanted a divorce?
9. Why does Kaname wish Misako was a loose woman?
10. What does Kaname suspect Misako would rather do instead of attending the puppet theater?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)