|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Misako and Takanatsu joke Lindy might catch a disease by doing?
(a) Using Takanatsu's bathwater.
(b) Swimming in the river.
(c) Eating human food.
(d) Licking herself.
2. What is the weather like in Chapter 6?
3. How does Misako describe marriage?
(a) As an oppressive ritual.
(b) As an outdated institution.
(c) As different than anyone expects.
(d) As a sense of security.
4. What grade is Kaname and Misako's son in?
(a) Second grade.
(b) Sixth grade.
(c) Fourth grade.
(d) Fifth grade.
5. What does Takanatsu urge Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Come to stay at his vacation home.
(b) Tell his father-in-law about his marriage troubles.
(c) Make up with Misako.
(d) Speak to Hiroshi about the divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Misako's father's mistress?
2. How does Misako expect people will view Kaname after their divorce?
3. What city do Kaname and Misako live in?
4. How does Misako describe herself when she is with Aso?
5. What does Misako wish she didn't have to deal with in regards to the upcoming holiday?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is Kaname moved by in the puppet show? What does he think the show perfectly conveys?
2. What does Takanatsu encourage Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
3. How did Takanatsu inform his wife he wanted a divorce?
4. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for during his entire marriage?
5. What does Hiroshi worry about the trip Takanatsu invites him on to Tokyo?
6. What sort of woman does Kaname tell Takanatsu he is looking for? What does Takanatsu joke about Kaname's post-divorce life?
7. Why is Kaname conflicted about going to the puppet theater with his father-in-law?
8. Why is Misako glad that Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi to Tokyo for a few days?
9. How does Kaname think Osakans are different from Tokyoites?
10. What have Misako and Aso decided together that Aso need not promise her?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)