|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
(a) Let Kaname stay at his house.
(b) Speak to his father-in-law.
(c) Recommend a lawyer.
(d) Speak to Hiroshi.
2. What does Misako expect to happen when news of her divorce comes out?
(a) Rumors will spread about her.
(b) He father will invite her to live with him.
(c) Hiroshi will turn against her.
(d) She will have to move to another neighborhood.
3. What is the name of Misako's father's mistress?
4. How does Misako describe dating?
(a) As a charade.
(b) As a fantasy.
(c) As a fun game.
(d) As a strange torture.
5. What do Kaname and Takanatsu agree on in reference to Kaname's and Misako's personalities?
(a) They are procrastinators.
(b) They are naive.
(c) They are optimists.
(d) They don't think before they act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What breed is Kaname's dog?
2. What do Misako and Takanatsu joke Lindy might catch a disease by doing?
3. How does Misako expect people will view Kaname after their divorce?
4. How do Misako and Kaname travel to the theater for the show?
5. Why does Takanatsu joke that Kaname will ruin his second marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is O-hisa? What does Misako think of O-hisa?
2. How does Misako feel at the beginning of Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Kaname find out from the letter from Takanatsu?
4. Why is Kaname conflicted about going to the puppet theater with his father-in-law?
5. What establishment does Kaname go to when he reaches Kobe? Why does Kaname like to go to this place?
6. What does Kaname imagine about O-hisa at the end of Chapter 10?
7. What does Hiroshi worry about the trip Takanatsu invites him on to Tokyo?
8. What does Kaname think about on the train ride to the puppet theater?
9. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
10. What sort of woman does Kaname tell Takanatsu he is looking for? What does Takanatsu joke about Kaname's post-divorce life?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)