|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kaname say he will not do after he divorces?
(a) Fall into bad habits.
(c) Stay in Osaka.
(d) See Hiroshi.
2. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for for his entire marriage?
(a) A way out of the marriage.
(b) A way to connect with Misako.
(c) Another woman to replace Misako.
(d) A sign that Misako is proud of him.
3. What kind of man does Kaname say he is in Chapter 3?
(a) A man's man.
(b) A woman-worshipper.
(d) A family man.
4. What season is it in Chapter 6?
5. To what does Kaname compare the portrayal of women in Japanese theater?
(a) Their portrayal in Greek tragedies.
(b) Their portrayal in Chinese theatre.
(c) Their portrayal in Hollywood films.
(d) Their portrayal in Western literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Aso not promised Misako?
2. Why was Takanatsu originally told about Kaname and Misako's marital problems?
3. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
4. Why is Takanatsu regarded as an authority on divorce?
5. How does Misako describe herself when she is with Aso?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
2. What does Misako notice about her relationship with Kaname when Takanatsu is around? To what does she attribute this difference?
3. How does Kaname think Osakans are different from Tokyoites?
4. How does Kaname compare the portrayal of women in Hollywood films to their portrayal in Japanese art from the Edo period?
5. What does Kaname think about the female puppet in the show? Who does the puppet remind him of and why?
6. Why is Kaname conflicted about going to the puppet theater with his father-in-law?
7. How did Takanatsu inform his wife he wanted a divorce?
8. Who is Takanatsu? What does Takanatsu bring Hiroshi as a present?
9. What does Kaname think about on the train ride to the puppet theater?
10. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)