|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kaname moved by in the next act of the puppet show in Chapter 3?
(a) The death of a family pet.
(b) The pain of a neglected wife.
(c) The strained relationship of a father and son.
(d) The pressures put on a family's eldest son.
2. What holiday does Misako take mental note of in Chapter 6?
(a) The Doll Festival.
(c) New Year.
(d) Children's Day.
3. What has Aso not promised Misako?
(a) To have children with her.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To love her forever.
(d) To support her.
4. How does Misako describe herself when she is with Aso?
(a) As lost.
(b) As happy and natural.
(c) As a wicked woman.
(d) As pretending to be someone she is not.
5. Why do Misako and Takanatsu return downstairs in Chapter 6?
(a) To take the dogs outside.
(b) To talk to Kaname.
(c) For breakfast.
(d) To find Hiroshi.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 5, where do Kaname and Takanatsu go together?
3. What did Takanatsu's wife do before she married?
4. What is the name of Kaname's dog?
5. In Chapter 3, after the puppet show ends, what does Misako indicate it is a good time to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kaname wish Misako was a loose woman?
2. In Chapter 3, what is Kaname moved by in the puppet show? What does he think the show perfectly conveys?
3. What holiday does Misako think about in Chapter 6? What does she wonder about this day?
4. Who is Takanatsu? What does Takanatsu bring Hiroshi as a present?
5. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for during his entire marriage?
6. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
7. What does Hiroshi worry about the trip Takanatsu invites him on to Tokyo?
8. What is at risk for Misako when she and Kaname divorce?
9. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
10. How does Kaname compare the portrayal of women in Hollywood films to their portrayal in Japanese art from the Edo period?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)