|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for for his entire marriage?
(a) A way out of the marriage.
(b) A sign that Misako is proud of him.
(c) A way to connect with Misako.
(d) Another woman to replace Misako.
2. Where does Takanatsu live?
3. What is the name of the dog Takanatsu brings for Hiroshi?
4. Why does Misako get up early on most days?
(a) To get Hiroshi ready for school.
(b) To listen to the news on the radio.
(c) To take the dog for a walk.
(d) To get Kaname's clothing ready.
5. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
(a) Let Kaname stay at his house.
(b) Speak to Hiroshi.
(c) Recommend a lawyer.
(d) Speak to his father-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kaname say he and Misako cannot find in one another?
2. What do Misako and Takanatsu joke Lindy might catch a disease by doing?
3. When does Misako note she and Kaname get along much better?
4. Why was Takanatsu originally told about Kaname and Misako's marital problems?
5. What does Osaka remind Kaname of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
2. Why is Kaname conflicted about going to the puppet theater with his father-in-law?
3. What sort of woman does Kaname tell Takanatsu he is looking for? What does Takanatsu joke about Kaname's post-divorce life?
4. What does Hiroshi worry about the trip Takanatsu invites him on to Tokyo?
5. What does Kaname suspect Misako would rather do instead of attending the puppet theater?
6. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
7. How does Misako feel at the beginning of Chapter 6?
8. What does Kaname think about the female puppet in the show? Who does the puppet remind him of and why?
9. Who is Takanatsu? What does Takanatsu bring Hiroshi as a present?
10. How does Kaname think Osakans are different from Tokyoites?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)