|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Misako describe marriage?
(a) As different than anyone expects.
(b) As an oppressive ritual.
(c) As an outdated institution.
(d) As a sense of security.
2. What does Takanatsu think Kaname should tell Hiroshi about his parents' marriage?
(a) That Misako is to blame for everything.
(b) That Misako's father wants her to marry someone else.
(c) The truth.
(d) That Kaname is to blame for everything.
3. What is Kaname looking for in the book he is reading in Chapter 6?
(a) A favorite passage.
(b) A note he wrote on one page.
(c) Dirty stories.
(d) The spot where he left off.
4. Why is Takanatsu regarded as an authority on divorce?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He has written a book on the subject.
(c) His parents are divorced.
(d) He is divorced.
5. In Chapter 1, on what grounds does Misako say she will attend the show?
(a) If they go to dinner afterward.
(b) If Kaname does.
(c) If she can find a babysitter.
(d) If the weather improves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hiroshi out of school in Chapter 4?
2. What does Misako wish she didn't have to deal with in regards to the upcoming holiday?
3. Why is Misako happy Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi away for a few days?
4. How does Misako describe herself when she is with Aso?
5. Who is Aso?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kaname think about on the train ride to the puppet theater?
2. In Chapter 5, what personality trait do Kaname and Takanatsu acknowledge that Kaname and Misako share?
3. What does Takanatsu advise Hiroshi about getting his two dogs to be friends?
4. In Chapter 3, what is Kaname moved by in the puppet show? What does he think the show perfectly conveys?
5. What does Misako notice about her relationship with Kaname when Takanatsu is around? To what does she attribute this difference?
6. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
7. What does Kaname think about the female puppet in the show? Who does the puppet remind him of and why?
8. Who is Takanatsu? What does Takanatsu bring Hiroshi as a present?
9. Who is O-hisa? What does Misako think of O-hisa?
10. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)