|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has it been since Misako had a good night of sleep?
(a) Five days.
(b) A year.
(c) Three months.
2. At the beginning of the novel, what kind of show are Kaname and Misako thinking about going to?
(a) A puppet show.
(b) A musical recital.
(c) A kabuki play.
(d) A fireworks show.
3. Why does Kaname think Misako is in a hurry to get home after the puppet show?
(a) Because she is exhausted.
(b) So she can get to the market.
(c) She wants to see their son.
(d) So she can see Aso.
4. What do Kaname and Takanatsu agree on in reference to Kaname's and Misako's personalities?
(a) They don't think before they act.
(b) They are naive.
(c) They are procrastinators.
(d) They are optimists.
5. What season is it in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname say he encouraged Misako to do?
2. When news of her divorce comes out, what does Misako expect to be painted as?
3. What does Kaname say he and Misako cannot find in one another?
4. What does Misako wish she didn't have to deal with in regards to the upcoming holiday?
5. How did Takanatsu tell his wife he wanted a divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kaname think about the female puppet in the show? Who does the puppet remind him of and why?
2. Why does Misako think communication is improved with Kaname when Takanatsu mediates?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for during his entire marriage?
4. In Chapter 5, what personality trait do Kaname and Takanatsu acknowledge that Kaname and Misako share?
5. What does Takanatsu encourage Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
6. What does Misako notice about her relationship with Kaname when Takanatsu is around? To what does she attribute this difference?
7. How did Takanatsu inform his wife he wanted a divorce?
8. How does Kaname think Osakans are different from Tokyoites?
9. In Chapter 3, what is Kaname moved by in the puppet show? What does he think the show perfectly conveys?
10. Who is Takanatsu? What does Takanatsu bring Hiroshi as a present?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)