|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Takanatsu joke that Kaname will ruin his second marriage?
(a) Because Kaname is not suited to marriage.
(b) Because Kaname is a woman-worshipper.
(c) Because Kaname will feel guilt about Misako.
(d) Because Kaname is incapable of being happy.
2. Who is Aso?
(a) Misako's boyfriend.
(b) Misako's cousin.
(c) The babysitter.
(d) Kaname's employer.
3. Why do Misako and Takanatsu return downstairs in Chapter 6?
(a) To talk to Kaname.
(b) To take the dogs outside.
(c) For breakfast.
(d) To find Hiroshi.
4. What does Takanatsu think Kaname should tell Hiroshi about his parents' marriage?
(a) That Misako is to blame for everything.
(b) The truth.
(c) That Misako's father wants her to marry someone else.
(d) That Kaname is to blame for everything.
5. How long has it been since Misako had a good night of sleep?
(b) Three months.
(c) Five days.
(d) A year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Misako get up early on most days?
2. What was Takanatsu's wife's name?
3. What does Misako wonder about in regards to the upcoming holiday?
4. How does Kaname react to the puppet shows?
5. In Chapter 1, on what grounds does Misako say she will attend the show?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Takanatsu inform his wife he wanted a divorce?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Misako think will happen to her after her divorce becomes public knowledge?
3. Why is Misako glad that Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi to Tokyo for a few days?
4. What holiday does Misako think about in Chapter 6? What does she wonder about this day?
5. Who is Takanatsu? What does Takanatsu bring Hiroshi as a present?
6. How does Misako feel at the beginning of Chapter 6?
7. What does Kaname think about on the train ride to the puppet theater?
8. What does Takanatsu advise Hiroshi about getting his two dogs to be friends?
9. What does Takanatsu think of Misako's plan to divorce Kaname and marry Aso?
10. In Chapter 5, why does Kaname say he wants to get a divorce at a particular time of the year?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)