|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What holiday does Misako take mental note of in Chapter 6?
(b) The Doll Festival.
(c) Children's Day.
(d) New Year.
2. How did Takanatsu tell his wife he wanted a divorce?
(a) By dropping hints for a year.
(b) With a letter.
(d) He told her father.
3. What does Misako try not to do in the booth at the theater?
(a) Speak to her father's mistress.
(b) Touch Kaname.
(c) Drink too much.
(d) Fall asleep.
4. What does Takanatsu say about the different types of women in Chapter 5?
(a) They are all equally hard to leave.
(b) They all get custody of the children in a divorce.
(c) None enjoy being divorced.
(d) They will all break a man's heart.
5. How does Misako describe marriage?
(a) As a sense of security.
(b) As an oppressive ritual.
(c) As different than anyone expects.
(d) As an outdated institution.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, on what grounds does Misako say she will attend the show?
2. What is Kaname moved by in the next act of the puppet show in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 3, after the puppet show ends, what does Misako indicate it is a good time to do?
4. Why is Misako happy Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi away for a few days?
5. What might make Misako's boyfriend unwilling to marry her?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for during his entire marriage?
2. What have Misako and Aso decided together that Aso need not promise her?
3. Who is O-hisa? What does Misako think of O-hisa?
4. Why is Kaname conflicted about going to the puppet theater with his father-in-law?
5. What does Takanatsu let Misako look at in his suitcase? What jokes does Takanatsu make to Misako, which she reacts to in seriousness?
6. How does Misako feel at the beginning of Chapter 6?
7. In chapter 3, what does Kaname consider he has always hated? What does Kaname admit Osaka reminds him of?
8. In Chapter 3, what is Kaname moved by in the puppet show? What does he think the show perfectly conveys?
9. What does Takanatsu advise Hiroshi about getting his two dogs to be friends?
10. In Chapter 7, what does Misako think will happen to her after her divorce becomes public knowledge?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)