|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Kaname gone in the past to get a chance to sleep alone?
(a) On business trips.
(b) Takanatsu's house.
(c) To his parents' house.
2. Where does Misako's father stop on his way to the puppet theater?
(a) Antique shops.
(b) A candy shop.
(c) Book shops.
(d) A tavern.
3. In Chapter 14, what kind of woman does Kaname admit that he wants?
(a) One like Misako.
(b) A madonna.
(c) One from a hollywood movie.
(d) A living doll.
4. In Chapter 10, what time do the puppet plays begin at the theater?
(a) Nine o'clock in the morning.
(c) Seven o'clock in the evening.
(d) Eleven o'clock in the morning.
5. What does Misako's father say Kaname did by urging her to date Aso?
(a) Made it impossible for Misako's father to forgive Kaname.
(b) Admitted Aso was a better man than he.
(c) Ruined Misako's reputation.
(d) Put her in a situation she could not back out of.
6. How does Takanatsu feel about Misako's situation with Aso in Chapter 7?
(a) He is worried.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is saddened.
7. How long does O-hisa wander around looking for a bathroom?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) An hour.
(c) Forty-five minutes.
(d) Two hours.
8. After leaving their room, what does O-hisa want to return for in Chapter 10?
(a) Her handbag.
(b) Her parasol.
(c) A hairpin.
(d) A more comfortable pair of shoes.
9. What does Kaname admit he has been hoping would happen for years?
(a) Takanatsu would fall for Misako.
(b) Misako would leave him for another man.
(c) Misako would find out about his affairs.
(d) He would be transferred to Tokyo.
10. What happens to the puppeteers as the puppet plays go on in Chapter 11?
(a) They stop the show and walk out.
(b) They get drunk.
(c) They start to make mistakes.
(d) They get angry with the audience.
11. Why do Kaname and his hosts leave the puppet plays early?
(a) Misako's father begins to feel ill.
(b) To prepare for the next day's pilgrimage.
(c) The show becomes uninteresting.
(d) The theater is too hot and crowded.
12. Where did Kaname first see Aso with Misako?
(a) At a cafe.
(b) On Kaname's porch.
(c) At the library.
(d) In the language school garden.
13. When did Kaname begin to withdraw sexually from Misako?
(a) Immediately after they married.
(b) Five years after they married.
(c) Within a year of marriage.
(d) After he found out about Aso.
14. How does Kaname say he feels about Misako going to Aso?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is relieved.
(c) He is not angry.
(d) He feels betrayed.
15. What does Kaname wonder about O-hisa in Chapter 9?
(a) Whether she will ever be a respectable woman.
(b) Whether she tires of her lifestyle.
(c) What her family think of her.
(d) What she truely feels for Misako's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Misako's father take her in Chapter 14?
2. What is unique about the puppet theatre Kaname intends to visit in Chapter 9?
3. What does O-hisa do for Misako's father at bed time?
4. What does O-hisa need Misako's father to help her with in Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 10, what does Kaname think about the village?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)