|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kaname find disconcerting about Misako's father's and O-hisa's relationship?
(a) The amount of money Misako's father spends on her.
(b) Their age gap.
(c) Their lack of affection.
(d) O-hisa's rough treatment of the old man.
2. What does Misako admit to Kaname when she has a breakdown in Chapter 8?
(a) That feels she is to blame for their marital problems.
(b) That she wants a divorce.
(c) That she has never loved Kaname.
(d) That she has feelings for Aso.
3. Where does Louise claim to be from?
4. What does Kaname say has caused Misako to develop a hard, bitter edge?
(a) Having to do what other people tell her to.
(b) Trying to protect herself.
(c) His treatment of her.
(d) Her relationship with O-hisa.
5. What does Kaname give Misako permission to do in her affair with Aso?
(a) Have a child together.
(b) Make wedding plans.
(c) Sleep with Aso.
(d) Move in with Aso.
6. What does Takanatsu assume when Kaname assures him that Aso's intentions are honorable?
(a) That Kaname can't be bothered to care.
(b) That Kaname knows Aso's family.
(c) That Kaname and Aso were once friends.
(d) That Kaname has made a deal with Aso.
7. Where does Kaname go to see Misako's father?
8. Where did Misako meet Aso?
(a) At French class.
(b) At English class.
(c) At Chinese class.
(d) At Italian class.
9. What does Misako's father apologize to Kaname for?
(a) Misako's behavior.
(b) Not realizing something was wrong.
(c) Being a tough father-in-law.
(d) Insisting Kaname and Misako to marry in the first place.
10. How many holy places will Misako's father's pilgrimage stop at?
11. What does Kaname admit he has been hoping would happen for years?
(a) Misako would leave him for another man.
(b) Misako would find out about his affairs.
(c) He would be transferred to Tokyo.
(d) Takanatsu would fall for Misako.
12. What excuse does Misako use to prevent Kaname from seeing the letter from Takanatsu?
(a) She left it at Aso's house.
(b) She can't remember where she put it.
(c) She threw it in the garbage.
(d) It contains something Takanatsu wouldn't want Kaname to know.
13. Where does Misako's father take her in Chapter 14?
(a) Out for dinner.
(b) To a movie.
(c) For a walk to see the cherry blossoms.
(d) To visit her mother's grave.
14. Where did Kaname first see Aso with Misako?
(a) At the library.
(b) In the language school garden.
(c) On Kaname's porch.
(d) At a cafe.
15. What instrument does O-hisa play while Kaname and Misako's father talk?
(a) A samisen.
(b) A taiko drum.
(c) A biwa.
(d) A bamboo flute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kaname wonder about O-hisa in Chapter 9?
2. How long does O-hisa wander around looking for a bathroom?
3. Where has Kaname gone in the past to get a chance to sleep alone?
4. Why are Western-style buildings being put up in some areas of Japan?
5. How often does Kaname visit Louise?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)