|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city do Kaname and Misako live in?
2. In Chapter 6, what time does Misako wake up in the morning?
(a) Eight o'clock.
(b) Nine o'clock.
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Six o'clock.
3. What does Misako say she is incapable of when she is alone with her husband?
(a) Acting sensibly.
(b) Showing Kaname affection.
(c) Saying what she wants.
(d) Letting Kaname get his own way.
4. What do Misako and Takanatsu joke Lindy might catch a disease by doing?
(a) Using Takanatsu's bathwater.
(b) Eating human food.
(c) Swimming in the river.
(d) Licking herself.
5. What does Misako say Takanatsu's breath smells like?
6. What does Takanatsu urge Kaname to do in Chapter 4?
(a) Tell his father-in-law about his marriage troubles.
(b) Come to stay at his vacation home.
(c) Make up with Misako.
(d) Speak to Hiroshi about the divorce.
7. What did Takanatsu's wife do before she married?
(a) She was an actress.
(b) She was a courtesan.
(c) She was a translator.
(d) She was a shop keeper.
8. Why was Takanatsu originally told about Kaname and Misako's marital problems?
(a) Kaname wanted Takanatsu to chide Misako.
(b) So he could help mediate.
(c) Misako desperately needed someone to talk to.
(d) He asked if something was wrong.
9. When does Misako note she and Kaname get along much better?
(a) When they don't set expectations for each other.
(b) When they are honest about their feelings.
(c) When they don't have to pretend to be a proper married couple.
(d) When they focus their attention on Hiroshi.
10. What has Aso not promised Misako?
(a) To love her forever.
(b) To have children with her.
(c) To support her.
(d) To marry her.
11. Why is Misako happy Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi away for a few days?
(a) Hiroshi hasn't had much fun lately.
(b) She wants a few days of quiet.
(c) She wants Hiroshi to experience life in Tokyo.
(d) She can find out how well she can cope without Hiroshi.
12. What does Kaname think Misako would rather do than attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) See her boyfriend.
(c) Stay home and relax.
(d) Work in her garden.
13. What do Misako and Takanatsu joke about Lindy?
(a) Whether Kaname will like her more than his own dog.
(b) Whether other dogs will recognize her as a dog.
(c) Whether she is a foreign spy.
(d) Whether she is prettier than Misako.
14. How long has it been since Misako had a good night of sleep?
(b) Five days.
(c) Three months.
(d) A year.
15. How does Kaname react to the puppet shows?
(a) He is bored by them.
(b) He is riveted by them.
(c) He is offended by them.
(d) He is embarassed by them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Misako wonder about in regards to the upcoming holiday?
2. At the beginning of the novel, what kind of show are Kaname and Misako thinking about going to?
3. How do Kaname and Misako treat each other at home?
4. How does Misako expect people will view Kaname after their divorce?
5. What does Takanatsu say about the different types of women in Chapter 5?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)