|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kaname's dog?
2. How does Misako expect people will view Kaname after their divorce?
(a) As a monster.
(b) With pity.
(c) With admiration.
(d) As a womanizer.
3. What does Kaname acknowledge about his relationship with Misako in Chapter 5?
(a) They get along very well.
(b) They were deeply in love when they married.
(c) They are too much alike.
(d) Their backgrounds are too different.
4. How does Kaname react to the puppet shows?
(a) He is bored by them.
(b) He is embarassed by them.
(c) He is offended by them.
(d) He is riveted by them.
5. Why does Takanatsu joke that Kaname will ruin his second marriage?
(a) Because Kaname is incapable of being happy.
(b) Because Kaname is not suited to marriage.
(c) Because Kaname will feel guilt about Misako.
(d) Because Kaname is a woman-worshipper.
6. What did Takanatsu's wife do before she married?
(a) She was a translator.
(b) She was a shop keeper.
(c) She was a courtesan.
(d) She was an actress.
7. What does Misako expect to happen when news of her divorce comes out?
(a) Hiroshi will turn against her.
(b) She will have to move to another neighborhood.
(c) He father will invite her to live with him.
(d) Rumors will spread about her.
8. What might make Misako's boyfriend unwilling to marry her?
(a) If Misako has custody of her son.
(b) If Misako's father disowns her.
(c) If she stays with Kaname much longer.
(d) If Kaname refuses to pay her alimony.
9. What has Hiroshi heard about male dogs?
(a) That they easily get lonely.
(b) That they don't fight with female dogs.
(c) That they live longer than females.
(d) That they are dangerous around children.
10. What city do Kaname and Misako live in?
11. What does Misako think of her father's mistress?
(a) She is clever.
(b) She is dull.
(c) She is rude.
(d) She is sweet.
12. What does Takanatsu have in his suitcase in Chapter 7?
(a) Family photographs.
(b) Some film magazines.
(c) Pieces of fabric.
(d) Art supplies.
13. How does Misako describe marriage?
(a) As a sense of security.
(b) As different than anyone expects.
(c) As an oppressive ritual.
(d) As an outdated institution.
14. What does Misako say Takanatsu's breath smells like?
15. What does Misako wonder about in regards to the upcoming holiday?
(a) Whether her son will behave himself this year.
(b) Whether it falls on a weekend.
(c) Whether her efforts will be appreciated.
(d) Whether she will be living with Aso yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Misako and Takanatsu return downstairs in Chapter 6?
2. In Chapter 3, after the puppet show ends, what does Misako indicate it is a good time to do?
3. When news of her divorce comes out, what does Misako expect to be painted as?
4. What does Misako try not to do in the booth at the theater?
5. When does Misako note she and Kaname get along much better?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)