|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Takanatsu's wife do before she married?
(a) She was an actress.
(b) She was a courtesan.
(c) She was a shop keeper.
(d) She was a translator.
2. How does Misako describe herself when she is with Aso?
(a) As happy and natural.
(b) As pretending to be someone she is not.
(c) As a wicked woman.
(d) As lost.
3. In Chapter 3, after the puppet show ends, what does Misako indicate it is a good time to do?
(a) For her and Kaname to leave.
(b) To call home to check on their son.
(c) To go to the restroom.
(d) To order some food.
4. In Chapter 6, what time does Misako wake up in the morning?
(a) Nine o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Six o'clock.
(d) Eight o'clock.
5. What does Misako try not to do in the booth at the theater?
(a) Drink too much.
(b) Touch Kaname.
(c) Fall asleep.
(d) Speak to her father's mistress.
6. What does Takanatsu have in his suitcase in Chapter 7?
(a) Art supplies.
(b) Some film magazines.
(c) Family photographs.
(d) Pieces of fabric.
7. What might make Misako's boyfriend unwilling to marry her?
(a) If Misako's father disowns her.
(b) If she stays with Kaname much longer.
(c) If Kaname refuses to pay her alimony.
(d) If Misako has custody of her son.
8. What do Kaname and Takanatsu agree on in reference to Kaname's and Misako's personalities?
(a) They are procrastinators.
(b) They are naive.
(c) They are optimists.
(d) They don't think before they act.
9. What has Aso not promised Misako?
(a) To love her forever.
(b) To have children with her.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To support her.
10. Why is Takanatsu regarded as an authority on divorce?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is divorced.
(c) He has written a book on the subject.
(d) His parents are divorced.
11. What was Takanatsu's wife's name?
12. What does Osaka remind Kaname of?
(a) Japanese isolationism.
(b) The war.
(c) The unrefined merchant class.
(d) His childhood.
13. What does Takanatsu think Kaname should tell Hiroshi about his parents' marriage?
(a) That Kaname is to blame for everything.
(b) That Misako is to blame for everything.
(c) That Misako's father wants her to marry someone else.
(d) The truth.
14. What does Kaname say he will not do after he divorces?
(b) Fall into bad habits.
(c) See Hiroshi.
(d) Stay in Osaka.
15. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
(a) Speak to Hiroshi.
(b) Recommend a lawyer.
(c) Speak to his father-in-law.
(d) Let Kaname stay at his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Takanatsu?
2. What does Misako say Aso hates in Chapter 6?
3. How do Kaname and Misako treat each other at home?
4. What is the name of Kaname and Misako's son?
5. When does Misako note she and Kaname get along much better?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)