|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Takanatsu think Kaname should tell Hiroshi about his parents' marriage?
(a) That Kaname is to blame for everything.
(b) The truth.
(c) That Misako is to blame for everything.
(d) That Misako's father wants her to marry someone else.
2. To what does Kaname compare the portrayal of women in Japanese theater?
(a) Their portrayal in Hollywood films.
(b) Their portrayal in Western literature.
(c) Their portrayal in Greek tragedies.
(d) Their portrayal in Chinese theatre.
3. What is Kaname worried about facing if he gets divorced at the wrong time?
(a) The loss of his son's admiration.
(b) Misako's angry father.
(c) A lonely winter.
(d) A demotion at work.
4. How do Misako and Kaname travel to the theater for the show?
(a) On a bus.
(b) In a taxi.
(c) By train.
(d) In their car.
5. What is the name of Kaname and Misako's son?
6. Why does Kaname think Misako is in a hurry to get home after the puppet show?
(a) So she can get to the market.
(b) Because she is exhausted.
(c) She wants to see their son.
(d) So she can see Aso.
7. What is the name of Kaname's dog?
8. What does Kaname think Misako would rather do than attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) Stay home and relax.
(b) See her boyfriend.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Work in her garden.
9. Where does Aso live?
10. How does Kaname react to the puppet shows?
(a) He is bored by them.
(b) He is riveted by them.
(c) He is embarassed by them.
(d) He is offended by them.
11. How do Kaname and Misako treat each other at home?
12. What is Kaname looking for in the book he is reading in Chapter 6?
(a) A favorite passage.
(b) A note he wrote on one page.
(c) Dirty stories.
(d) The spot where he left off.
13. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for for his entire marriage?
(a) Another woman to replace Misako.
(b) A way out of the marriage.
(c) A sign that Misako is proud of him.
(d) A way to connect with Misako.
14. What does Misako wish she didn't have to deal with in regards to the upcoming holiday?
(a) Preparing special foods.
(b) Making travel plans.
(d) Visiting family.
15. What book is Kaname reading in Chapter 6?
(a) The Jungle Book.
(b) An anatomy book.
(d) The Arabian Nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Misako happy Takanatsu is taking Hiroshi away for a few days?
2. What is the name of the dog Takanatsu brings for Hiroshi?
3. Why does Misako get up early on most days?
4. What does Takanatsu offer to do for Kaname in Chapter 5?
5. What decade does "Some Prefer Nettles" take place in?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)