|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Takanatsu refuse to mediate between Kaname and Misako any longer in Chapter 8?
(a) Takanatsu is afraid Hiroshi will get hurt.
(b) Takanatsu is confused about what is going on.
(c) Takanatsu thinks his involvement will make the situation worse.
(d) Takanatsu cannot afford to stay in Osaka any longer.
2. What is Kaname worried about facing if he gets divorced at the wrong time?
(a) A demotion at work.
(b) The loss of his son's admiration.
(c) A lonely winter.
(d) Misako's angry father.
3. In Chapter 6, what time does Misako wake up in the morning?
(a) Six o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
4. What does Kaname think Misako would rather do than attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) Work in her garden.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) See her boyfriend.
(d) Stay home and relax.
5. What does Misako's father say Kaname did by urging her to date Aso?
(a) Admitted Aso was a better man than he.
(b) Ruined Misako's reputation.
(c) Put her in a situation she could not back out of.
(d) Made it impossible for Misako's father to forgive Kaname.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many holy places will Misako's father's pilgrimage stop at?
2. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname say he encouraged Misako to do?
3. What does Kaname give Misako permission to do in her affair with Aso?
4. Why does Takanatsu joke that Kaname will ruin his second marriage?
5. Who does Kaname recall while listening to the music in Chapter 7?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)