|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Kaname compare the portrayal of women in Japanese theater?
(a) Their portrayal in Chinese theatre.
(b) Their portrayal in Western literature.
(c) Their portrayal in Hollywood films.
(d) Their portrayal in Greek tragedies.
2. What season is it in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Misako's father send O-hisa to classes?
(a) To make it easier for her to find someone new after he dies.
(b) Because it is common for a woman her age to take lessons.
(c) O-hisa begged him to.
(d) So that she will be more useful around the house.
4. What does O-hisa say she would rather be doing than going to the theater?
(a) Visiting a temple.
(b) Gathering vegetables in the countryside.
(c) Going to see a movie.
5. Worried about going with Takanatsu, what excuse does Hiroshi use to excuse himself from the trip?
(a) He has homework to do.
(b) He made a promise to visit a friend.
(c) He has been feeling unwell.
(d) He doesn't want to leave his dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Takanatsu have in his suitcase in Chapter 7?
2. What breed is Kaname's dog?
3. In Chapter 5, what does Kaname realize he has been looking for for his entire marriage?
4. In Chapter 10, what time do the puppet plays end at the theater?
5. What is Kaname looking for in the book he is reading in Chapter 6?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)