|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Kaname and Misako's son?
2. What does Misako try not to do in the booth at the theater?
(a) Speak to her father's mistress.
(b) Drink too much.
(c) Touch Kaname.
(d) Fall asleep.
3. What instrument does O-hisa play while Kaname and Misako's father talk?
(a) A samisen.
(b) A taiko drum.
(c) A biwa.
(d) A bamboo flute.
4. Why is Takanatsu regarded as an authority on divorce?
(a) He has written a book on the subject.
(b) He is divorced.
(c) His parents are divorced.
(d) He is a lawyer.
5. Why does Misako's father close his eyes while he sings in Chapter 7?
(a) The candle light hurts his eyes.
(b) He is moved by the music.
(c) He is embarassed.
(d) To pretend to be blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Takanatsu?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Hiroshi imagine Takanatsu telling him on the train?
3. What decade does "Some Prefer Nettles" take place in?
4. What does Misako tell Takanatsu that she is in Chapter 7?
5. What holiday does Misako take mental note of in Chapter 6?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)