|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Kaname and his hosts leave the puppet plays early?
(a) The show becomes uninteresting.
(b) To prepare for the next day's pilgrimage.
(c) The theater is too hot and crowded.
(d) Misako's father begins to feel ill.
2. What is the name of Kaname's dog?
3. What did Takanatsu's wife do before she married?
(a) She was an actress.
(b) She was a shop keeper.
(c) She was a courtesan.
(d) She was a translator.
4. What does Misako try not to do in the booth at the theater?
(a) Drink too much.
(b) Touch Kaname.
(c) Speak to her father's mistress.
(d) Fall asleep.
5. Why does Misako follow Takanatsu to his room in Chapter 7?
(a) To collect his laundry.
(b) To show him how to open the window.
(c) To look at a book.
(d) To receive a souvenir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kaname wonder about O-hisa in Chapter 9?
2. What holiday does Misako take mental note of in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Hiroshi imagine Takanatsu telling him on the train?
4. How does Kaname react to the puppet shows?
5. Who were the originators of Japanese puppets?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)