|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Takanatsu say will happen if Kaname doesn't make a decision about the divorce?
(a) The divorce will never happen.
(b) Aso will lose interest in Misako.
(c) Hiroshi will figure out something is wrong.
(d) Misako will make false accusations against Kaname.
2. What did Takanatsu's wife do before she married?
(a) She was a shop keeper.
(b) She was an actress.
(c) She was a translator.
(d) She was a courtesan.
3. After meeting Aso, what change did Kaname eventually notice in Misako?
(a) She began to put more effort into her appearance.
(b) She started to stand up for herself.
(c) She treated Kaname more kindly.
(d) She made more friends.
4. What does Takanatsu have in his suitcase in Chapter 7?
(a) Pieces of fabric.
(b) Art supplies.
(c) Some film magazines.
(d) Family photographs.
5. What does Misako admit to Kaname when she has a breakdown in Chapter 8?
(a) That she has feelings for Aso.
(b) That feels she is to blame for their marital problems.
(c) That she wants a divorce.
(d) That she has never loved Kaname.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Misako and Takanatsu return downstairs in Chapter 6?
2. How does Kaname react to the puppet shows?
3. How does Misako describe herself when she is with Aso?
4. How does Kaname think of Tokyoites in comparison to Osakans?
5. Why is Takanatsu regarded as an authority on divorce?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)