1. What decade does "Some Prefer Nettles" take place in?
2. At the beginning of the novel, what kind of show are Kaname and Misako thinking about going to?
(a) A musical recital.
(b) A kabuki play.
(c) A fireworks show.
(d) A puppet show.
3. What city do Kaname and Misako live in?
4. Why does Kaname think he should attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) The show has been getting good reviews.
(b) He wants to please his wife.
(c) To show familiar respect to his father-in-law.
(d) The show is closing soon.
5. In Chapter 1, on what grounds does Misako say she will attend the show?
(a) If the weather improves.
(b) If they go to dinner afterward.
(c) If Kaname does.
(d) If she can find a babysitter.
6. What does Kaname think Misako would rather do than attend the show in Chapter 1?
(a) Stay home and relax.
(b) Work in her garden.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) See her boyfriend.
This section contains 4,782 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)