• Kaname and Misako are trying to decide whether to the puppet theater with Misako's father. Misako says she will go if Kaname does.
• Kaname decides to go to see his father-in-law as a last gesture of familial respect.
• Kaname suspects Misako would rather see her boyfriend Aso, than to go to the puppet theater.
• On the train ride Kaname thinks about how he and Misako will tell their son Hiroshi about their plans to divorce.
• Kaname and Misako treat each other politely. They do not fight. There is no passion between them.
• Kaname and Misako act carefully in their relationship for if they handle their divorce incorrectly it could ruin them socially. Misako is especially at risk of her reputation being ruined.
• O-hisa is Misako's father's young beautiful mistress. Misako hates her. O-hisa dutifully cares for Misako's father.
• Kaname sees O-hisa and thinks how nice it...
This section contains 1,464 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)