|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does little Nabou marry at Aunty Nabou's insistence?
(a) No one; her aunt insists she remain single.
(b) Dieng Dw.
2. How does the narrator feel about Modou taking a second wife?
(a) Glad to have someone to share household chores.
(b) She does not know he did so.
(c) Indifferent since she is the first and most important wife.
3. What does Modou do with his degree?
(a) He goes to work for an environmental firm.
(b) He builds a hospital.
(c) He works toward the advancement of his country.
(d) He designs a model city.
4. When did the narrator realize that Modou was the man for her for life?
(a) When he held their first child in his arms.
(b) During their first dance.
(c) After he dies.
(d) When he asked her to marry him.
5. Who leads the country when the republic is born?
(a) The former king, who agrees to share power.
(b) The dominant political party.
(c) A dictator who is elected through corruption.
(d) A group of 15 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Modou work?
2. What does the narrator have to put up with regularly?
3. What field is Modou's degree?
4. Who suffers a heart attack?
5. How many sons does Aunty Nabou have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the goal of the school the narrator attends?
2. What does Modou do upon returning from France?
3. What is happening politically in these three chapters?
4. What does the narrator persist in thinking about Modou's abandonment and what does Aissatou say about it?
5. What is a mirasse?
6. How does Aissatou respond to Mawdo accepting a second wife from his mother?
7. What is happening to the narrator's daughter, Aissitou, who is named for the narrator's best friend in the United States.
8. Why does the narrator rush to the hospital and what does she find?
9. What decision does Ramatoulaye make about her three daughters (the "trio") in light of Aissatou's out-of-wedlock pregnancy?
10. How does the family feel about Ibrahima?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)