Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Aunty Nabou received when she arrives at her destination?
(a) Like a princess.
(b) With hesitation.
(c) She is asked to return home immediately.
(d) With cold obligatory rituals.
2. What is Daouda Dieng's occupation?
3. What keeps Mawdo busy as a physician?
(a) Finding a cure for sickle cell anemia.
(b) people People now prefer western medicine to the traditional medicine.
(c) The population boom.
(d) The AIDS epidemic.
4. What did the narrator's mother think of Modou?
(a) He was ugly.
(b) He wouldn't be a good provider.
(c) He was kind and generous.
(d) He was too good to be true.
5. What is said out loud during the mourning rituals?
(a) A prayer for the resurrection of the deceased.
(b) KORAN verses.
(c) Verses from THE PROPHET.
(d) A poem citing the deceased warrior deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a test feared by Senegalese women?
2. How might one describe the culture of the Senegal people?
3. Why is the narrator upset about the donations from the people?
4. Who discusses the mysteries of birth and death with the narrator?
5. How long does the narrator have to stay indoors after the funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrator's living situation.
2. What does Ramatoulaye tease her friend, Aissatou, about, but what evidence is there that she accepts her friend?
3. What is Mawdo's response to Aissatou?
4. What is the response to the taking down of the hair by each wife?
5. What is happening politically in these three chapters?
6. Compare and contrast the second marriages of Mawdo and Modou.
7. What is special about the narrator and how is this looked upon?
8. How does the narrator feel about Tamsir's (Modou's brother) offer of marriage to take place after the mourning period? Why does Tamsir make this offer of marriage?
9. What are some things Daouda does when he visits the narrator that implies his future offer of marriage?
10. What does the narrator persist in thinking about Modou's abandonment and what does Aissatou say about it?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)