|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Aissatou's father?
2. How many years has the second wife been married to the deceased?
3. What had the deceased bought to please his second wife?
(a) A new mercedes benz.
(b) A nice villa.
(c) Two thoroughbred horses for racing.
(d) A diamond necklace.
4. How many sons does Aunty Nabou have?
(a) Just one, Mawdo.
5. What is one secret revealed about the deceased?
(a) He loved to travel to America.
(b) He had serious financial problems.
(c) He never believed in the Koran.
(d) He had two other wives secretly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suffers a heart attack?
2. To what does the narrator compare teachers?
3. Why is the narrator upset about the donations from the people?
4. What does Modou think of the policies of the dominant party?
5. What did the narrator's mother think of Modou?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mawdo's mother take revenge agains Aissatou?
2. What is the response to the taking down of the hair by each wife?
3. What does the widow have to do after the funeral of her husband? How does she feel about this?
4. What is a mirasse?
5. What is the first of Modou's secrets that is revealed?
6. What is Mawdo's response to Aissatou?
7. What does the narrator think of those who go to school instead of learning traditional crafts?
8. How does the narrator feel about the problems with Aissatou?
9. What are two things Modou mentions in his correspondence to the narrator?
10. How would you describe Ramatoulaye's attitudes about men and women? Could she be considered a feminist?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)