|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what type of background does Binetou come?
(b) Upper class.
(d) A poor background.
2. Who gives the narrator a brand new car?
(a) Lady Mother-in-law.
3. Who tells the narrator of Binetou's generous "sugar daddy"?
(a) Aunty Nabou
4. How does the narrator feel about Modou even several years after he marries Binetou?
(a) She hopes Binetou leaves him.
(b) She wishes he would die.
(c) She is indifferent to him.
(d) She still loves him.
5. What does the narrator tell the answer to question #120 in response to his offer of marriage?
(a) She needs to think about it for awhile.
(b) She doesn't want to marry him but will live with him as his mistress.
(c) She would never marry him.
(d) She would be delighted to marry him.
6. How does Nabou feel about Mawdo?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She likes him but is in love with a man from her hometown.
(c) She is repulsed by him.
(d) She despises him.
7. How does Binetou feel about her marriage to Modou?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is glad to be taken care of.
(c) She hates being married so young.
(d) She misses her former life.
8. How do the narrator's in-laws treat her after Modou marries Binetou?
(a) They tell her how bad a wife she was.
(b) They still visit her.
(c) They shun her.
(d) They invite her to live with them.
9. What does the narrator do to fill the void her husband's loss leaves?
(a) Travels around the world.
(b) Listens to the radio all the time.
(c) Babysits her grandchildren.
(d) Tries to find another husband.
10. Who seems to have romantic intentions for the narrator since Modou left her?
(c) No one since the narrator is still officially married.
(d) Daouda Dieng.
11. What has the narrator's daughter Aissatou kept from the narrator?
(a) That she is three months pregnant.
(b) That her boyfriend already has one wife.
(c) That she is planning to run away to Europe.
(d) That she has quit school.
12. What happens when Modou and Binetou go out?
(a) They dance until the early morning hours.
(b) They enjoy themselves immensely.
(c) They argue about where to go.
(d) Young people quietly make fun of them.
13. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
(b) Mawdo Bw
(d) Diang Douba
14. Who tells the narrator he will marry her after the mourning period is over for Modou?
(b) Daouda Dieng.
(c) Samba Diack.
15. What does the narrator think of Aissatou's choice to leave her husband and move to the United States?
(a) That Aissatou should have stayed.
(b) The narrator approves of the choice.
(c) That Aissatou is immoral.
(d) That Aissatou never loved Mawdo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does the narrator make about her daughters?
2. What does Daouda Dieng ask of the narrator?
3. Who pushes Aissatou, the narrator's daughter, to tell her mother about a difficult situation?
4. Who are attracted to the narrator as a prospective wife?
5. What is the reason the narrator gives for not marrying Daouda Dieng?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)