|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Tamsir as a provider?
(a) He is a poor provider and his wifes cannot make ends meet.
(b) He does an adequate job of providing for his family.
(c) He does not provide for them as he left them.
(d) He showers his family with expensive presents.
2. What is the narrator's first name?
3. Who is the father of one of the narrator's soon-to-be-born grandchild?
(a) Mawba Sou.
(b) Moubo Tza.
(c) Ibrahima Sall.
(d) Dieng Douda.
4. Now that Modou has left her, how does the narrator travel with her children?
(a) By taxi.
(b) On public transportation.
(c) They can't afford to travel.
(d) On foot.
5. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's question from #134 above?
(a) She say yes.
(b) She asks for a year's wait.
(c) She says no.
(d) She give no response hoping he'll forget.
6. What has the narrator's daughter Aissatou kept from the narrator?
(a) That she is three months pregnant.
(b) That her boyfriend already has one wife.
(c) That she has quit school.
(d) That she is planning to run away to Europe.
7. What does the narrator think of Aissatou's choice to leave her husband and move to the United States?
(a) That Aissatou never loved Mawdo.
(b) The narrator approves of the choice.
(c) That Aissatou should have stayed.
(d) That Aissatou is immoral.
8. Who tells the narrator of Binetou's generous "sugar daddy"?
(c) Aunty Nabou
9. What does Daouda Dieng say the narrator and he can bring to a marriage?
(a) Understanding and happines.
(b) The combined fortune of both of their houses.
(c) Lots of children.
(d) A new perspective on multiple marriages.
10. Who is coming to visit the narrator in Chapter 22?
11. In whom has Modou begun showing an interest?
12. What is the name of one of the narrator's children?
13. What kind of clothes do her daughters wear?
14. How does the narrator feel about Modou even several years after he marries Binetou?
(a) She hopes Binetou leaves him.
(b) She wishes he would die.
(c) She is indifferent to him.
(d) She still loves him.
15. Who are "the trio?"
(a) The narrator and her two best friends, Assiatou and Farmata.
(b) The narrator's sons: Mawbe, Mobou, Jr., Douda.
(c) The narrator's daughters: Arame, Yacine, and Dieynaba
(d) The three men in charge of the government of Senegal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does the narrator believe lies her happiness?
2. What happens when Modou and Binetou go out?
3. What does she catch three of her daughters doing that infuriates the narrator?
4. What does the narrator do to Modou about his second marriage?
5. How does Nabou feel about Mawdo?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)