|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed since the end of chapter 12 and the beginning of chapter 13?
2. In what way does the narrator believe lies her happiness?
(a) Moving to the United States to live with Aissatou.
(b) Killing herself.
(c) Being part of a couple.
(d) Giving her children to relatives to raise.
3. What does the narrator think hurt Modou's career?
(a) His greed.
(b) His lack of education.
(c) The narrator's full social life.
(d) Marrying a second wife.
4. What has Daouda Dieng been called publicly?
(a) A feminist.
(b) A racist.
(c) An embezzler.
(d) A candidate for presidency.
5. Who helps care for the narrator's children when they are sick?
(b) Mawdo Bw.
(c) The in-laws.
6. What is the name of one of the narrator's children?
7. How did the narrator feel about her marriage before Modou abandons her?
(a) She felt Modou took advantage of her.
(b) She was actually thinking of divorcing Modou.
(c) She loved being married.
(d) She hated being married.
8. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's question from #134 above?
(a) She asks for a year's wait.
(b) She say yes.
(c) She says no.
(d) She give no response hoping he'll forget.
9. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's looks of admiration?
(a) She flirts with him.
(b) She is hoping he wants to marry her.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She lowers her eyes in submission.
10. Who is disappointed about how the narrator handles Aissatou's problem?
(d) Aissatou the elder.
11. What is ironic about Daouda Dieng's marriage proposal?
(a) He does not propose marriage, but rather an affair.
(b) It is many years too late.
(c) He is already married, so the narrator would be the second wife.
(d) He is recently widowed.
12. What is Ibrahima Sall's occupation?
(a) A law student.
(b) An infantry man in the military.
(c) A physician.
(d) A policeman.
13. How do the narrator's in-laws treat her after Modou marries Binetou?
(a) They tell her how bad a wife she was.
(b) They still visit her.
(c) They shun her.
(d) They invite her to live with them.
14. In what academic class is Mawdo Fall having difficulties?
(d) English literature.
15. What does Daba suggest that her mother (the narrator) do?
(a) To ask for marriage counseling.
(b) She encourages her mother to follow Aissatou's footsteps and leave her husband.
(c) To put up with it.
(d) To find herself a second husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel around Daouda Dieng?
2. How many years have the narrator and Modou been married when he takes a second wife?
3. Who is the narrator's neighbor?
4. How does Modou feel about being married to Binetou?
5. What does the narrator tell the answer to question #120 in response to his offer of marriage?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)