|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ibrahima Sall's occupation?
(a) A physician.
(b) A policeman.
(c) An infantry man in the military.
(d) A law student.
2. What does Daouda Dieng say the narrator and he can bring to a marriage?
(a) Understanding and happines.
(b) A new perspective on multiple marriages.
(c) Lots of children.
(d) The combined fortune of both of their houses.
3. Why does the narrator learn to drive?
(a) So she can transport her children.
(b) She cannot drive; she hires a driver.
(c) To prove to Modou that she does not need him.
(d) To make Aissatou proud.
4. How does Nabou feel about Mawdo?
(a) She is repulsed by him.
(b) She despises him.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She likes him but is in love with a man from her hometown.
5. What does the narrator tell the answer to question #120 in response to his offer of marriage?
(a) She would be delighted to marry him.
(b) She would never marry him.
(c) She doesn't want to marry him but will live with him as his mistress.
(d) She needs to think about it for awhile.
6. What two woman does the narrator compare?
(a) Daba and Binetou.
(b) Aissatou and herself.
(c) Nabou and Binetou.
(d) Aunty Nabou and Lady Mother-in-law.
7. What is the name of one of the narrator's children?
8. How does the narrator act upon hearing the news?
(a) She is indifferent since she is first wife and most important.
(b) She immediately packs and leaves for the United States.
(c) She flies into a rage and slaps Modou.
(d) She hides her distress from her visitors.
9. What kind of clothes do her daughters wear?
10. What has the narrator's daughter Aissatou kept from the narrator?
(a) That her boyfriend already has one wife.
(b) That she is three months pregnant.
(c) That she is planning to run away to Europe.
(d) That she has quit school.
11. What does the narrator think of Aissatou's choice to leave her husband and move to the United States?
(a) That Aissatou is immoral.
(b) That Aissatou should have stayed.
(c) That Aissatou never loved Mawdo.
(d) The narrator approves of the choice.
12. Who does the narrator blame for her husband taking a second wife?
(a) She says no one is to blame.
(b) Having too many children.
13. Who makes repairs around the narrator's house now that her husband has abandoned her?
(a) The narrator.
(c) The narrator's uncle.
(d) No one; the narrator lets the house fall apart.
14. From what type of background does Binetou come?
(a) Upper class.
(c) A poor background.
15. Who seems to have romantic intentions for the narrator since Modou left her?
(a) No one since the narrator is still officially married.
(b) Daouda Dieng.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives the narrator a brand new car?
2. What happens whenever the narrator goes to the movies alone?
3. What is the reason the narrator gives for not marrying Daouda Dieng?
4. Now that Modou has left her, how does the narrator travel with her children?
5. Who is disappointed about how the narrator handles Aissatou's problem?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)