|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daouda Dieng ask of the narrator?
(a) He does not come back to visit again.
(b) To ask her advice about his youngest son.
(c) To run on a socialist ticket with him.
(d) To marry him.
2. What does the narrator think hurt Modou's career?
(a) His greed.
(b) His lack of education.
(c) Marrying a second wife.
(d) The narrator's full social life.
3. Who is disappointed about how the narrator handles Aissatou's problem?
(d) Aissatou the elder.
4. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's question from #134 above?
(a) She give no response hoping he'll forget.
(b) She say yes.
(c) She asks for a year's wait.
(d) She says no.
5. Who tells the narrator he will marry her after the mourning period is over for Modou?
(c) Daouda Dieng.
(d) Samba Diack.
6. In what way does the narrator believe lies her happiness?
(a) Being part of a couple.
(b) Killing herself.
(c) Moving to the United States to live with Aissatou.
(d) Giving her children to relatives to raise.
7. What is Ibrahima Sall's occupation?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A physician.
(c) An infantry man in the military.
(d) A law student.
8. What does Daouda Dieng think is necessary to help the development of Senegal?
(a) A fight against poverty and for women to be politically involved.
(b) Lots of foreign aid from the United States.
(c) More colleges to open in Senegal.
(d) For woman to stay home and have babies.
9. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's looks of admiration?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She flirts with him.
(c) She lowers her eyes in submission.
(d) She is hoping he wants to marry her.
10. Who tells the narrator of Binetou's generous "sugar daddy"?
(c) Aunty Nabou
11. What does the narrator say about Tamsir as a provider?
(a) He showers his family with expensive presents.
(b) He is a poor provider and his wifes cannot make ends meet.
(c) He does not provide for them as he left them.
(d) He does an adequate job of providing for his family.
12. What does the narrator do to Modou about his second marriage?
(a) She gives him an ultimatum.
(b) She pretends it didn't happen.
(c) She forgives him.
(d) She asks him to have it annulled.
13. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
(a) Diang Douba
(b) Mawdo Bw
14. How do the narrator's in-laws treat her after Modou marries Binetou?
(a) They shun her.
(b) They invite her to live with them.
(c) They tell her how bad a wife she was.
(d) They still visit her.
15. How many years have the narrator and Modou been married when he takes a second wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of Aissatou's choice to leave her husband and move to the United States?
2. Who seems to have romantic intentions for the narrator since Modou left her?
3. What does the narrator do to fill the void her husband's loss leaves?
4. What is the reason the narrator gives for not marrying Daouda Dieng?
5. What was the narrator's emotional response to an offer of marriage after Modou's death?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)