|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Daba suggest that her mother (the narrator) do?
(a) She encourages her mother to follow Aissatou's footsteps and leave her husband.
(b) To ask for marriage counseling.
(c) To find herself a second husband.
(d) To put up with it.
2. What does she catch three of her daughters doing that infuriates the narrator?
(a) Corresponding with boys on the internet.
(b) Entertaining boys at home while their mother is gone.
(d) Piercing their ears.
3. What does the narrator think hurt Modou's career?
(a) The narrator's full social life.
(b) Marrying a second wife.
(c) His lack of education.
(d) His greed.
4. What does the narrator do to Modou about his second marriage?
(a) She forgives him.
(b) She pretends it didn't happen.
(c) She gives him an ultimatum.
(d) She asks him to have it annulled.
5. Who tells the narrator of Binetou's generous "sugar daddy"?
(c) Aunty Nabou
6. Who pushes Aissatou, the narrator's daughter, to tell her mother about a difficult situation?
(a) Aissatou the elder.
(c) The principal at the school where Aissatou attends.
7. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's question from #134 above?
(a) She give no response hoping he'll forget.
(b) She asks for a year's wait.
(c) She say yes.
(d) She says no.
8. What does the narrator say about Tamsir as a provider?
(a) He is a poor provider and his wifes cannot make ends meet.
(b) He does not provide for them as he left them.
(c) He showers his family with expensive presents.
(d) He does an adequate job of providing for his family.
9. Who is coming to visit the narrator in Chapter 22?
10. Who tells the narrator he will marry her after the mourning period is over for Modou?
(c) Daouda Dieng.
(d) Samba Diack.
11. What happens whenever the narrator goes to the movies alone?
(a) She is accosted by men.
(b) She receives looks of astonishment.
(c) She is able to have all the popcorn to herself.
(d) She sneaks in without paying as she is now poor.
12. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's looks of admiration?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is hoping he wants to marry her.
(c) She lowers her eyes in submission.
(d) She flirts with him.
13. How many years have passed since the end of chapter 12 and the beginning of chapter 13?
14. How does the narrator act upon hearing the news?
(a) She is indifferent since she is first wife and most important.
(b) She hides her distress from her visitors.
(c) She flies into a rage and slaps Modou.
(d) She immediately packs and leaves for the United States.
15. Of what is Aissatou's son, Mawdo Fall, a victim?
(b) A car accident.
(d) An airplane crash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has the narrator's daughter Aissatou kept from the narrator?
2. What was the narrator's emotional response to an offer of marriage after Modou's death?
3. What is ironic about Daouda Dieng's marriage proposal?
4. Who are "the trio?"
5. What kind of clothes do her daughters wear?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)