|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
(a) Mawdo Bw
(c) Diang Douba
2. How did Modou respond to the narrator having a new car?
3. Now that Modou has left her, how does the narrator travel with her children?
(a) By taxi.
(b) On foot.
(c) On public transportation.
(d) They can't afford to travel.
4. What does she catch three of her daughters doing that infuriates the narrator?
(a) Entertaining boys at home while their mother is gone.
(b) Corresponding with boys on the internet.
(d) Piercing their ears.
5. How does Nabou feel about Mawdo?
(a) She likes him but is in love with a man from her hometown.
(b) She despises him.
(c) She is repulsed by him.
(d) She loves him.
6. How does the narrator view herself at age fifty?
(a) As someone whose life is almost over.
(b) As a good catch for a wife.
(c) As someone too old to attract another man.
(d) As a liberated woman.
7. In whom has Modou begun showing an interest?
8. Who makes repairs around the narrator's house now that her husband has abandoned her?
(b) No one; the narrator lets the house fall apart.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The narrator's uncle.
9. How many years have passed since the end of chapter 12 and the beginning of chapter 13?
10. What does Daouda Dieng say the narrator and he can bring to a marriage?
(a) Understanding and happines.
(b) Lots of children.
(c) The combined fortune of both of their houses.
(d) A new perspective on multiple marriages.
11. Who is the narrator's neighbor?
(a) A widower with two children.
(b) Her oldest daughter who is married.
(c) The griot woman.
(d) Her mother-in-law.
12. How do the narrator's in-laws treat her after Modou marries Binetou?
(a) They still visit her.
(b) They invite her to live with them.
(c) They tell her how bad a wife she was.
(d) They shun her.
13. How does Modou juggle the two marriages and wives?
(a) He stays one week with one and the next with the other.
(b) He abandons the narrator and their life together.
(c) He moves the second wife in the same house as the first.
(d) He decides to annul the second marriage.
14. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's looks of admiration?
(a) She lowers her eyes in submission.
(b) She flirts with him.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is hoping he wants to marry her.
15. Who inherits Binetou's villa after Modou's death?
(a) The narrator.
(b) No one, it had to be sold to pay taxes.
(d) Daba and her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have the narrator and Modou been married when he takes a second wife?
2. What happens when Modou and Binetou go out?
3. Who are "the trio?"
4. What does the narrator do to fill the void her husband's loss leaves?
5. After the first visit, what does Daouda Dieng promise?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)