|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seems to have romantic intentions for the narrator since Modou left her?
(b) Daouda Dieng.
(c) No one since the narrator is still officially married.
2. What does the narrator do to Modou about his second marriage?
(a) She gives him an ultimatum.
(b) She forgives him.
(c) She pretends it didn't happen.
(d) She asks him to have it annulled.
3. In what academic class is Mawdo Fall having difficulties?
(d) English literature.
4. How does the narrator feel about Modou even several years after he marries Binetou?
(a) She wishes he would die.
(b) She still loves him.
(c) She is indifferent to him.
(d) She hopes Binetou leaves him.
5. Who does the narrator blame for her children's problems?
(a) No one; they have few problems.
(b) Her deceased husband.
(c) Their own selves.
6. Who is coming to visit the narrator in Chapter 22?
7. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
(b) Mawdo Bw
(c) Diang Douba
8. Who is the father of one of the narrator's soon-to-be-born grandchild?
(a) Ibrahima Sall.
(b) Dieng Douda.
(c) Moubo Tza.
(d) Mawba Sou.
9. What is the narrator's oldest daughter like?
(a) Too lazy to study in school.
(b) Submissive to men.
(d) Defers all decisions to her mother.
10. How does Nabou feel about Mawdo?
(a) She likes him but is in love with a man from her hometown.
(b) She despises him.
(c) She is repulsed by him.
(d) She loves him.
11. What happens when Modou and Binetou go out?
(a) They enjoy themselves immensely.
(b) They argue about where to go.
(c) They dance until the early morning hours.
(d) Young people quietly make fun of them.
12. What does the narrator say about Tamsir as a provider?
(a) He does an adequate job of providing for his family.
(b) He is a poor provider and his wifes cannot make ends meet.
(c) He does not provide for them as he left them.
(d) He showers his family with expensive presents.
13. Who gives the narrator a brand new car?
(c) Lady Mother-in-law.
14. How do the narrator's in-laws treat her after Modou marries Binetou?
(a) They shun her.
(b) They still visit her.
(c) They tell her how bad a wife she was.
(d) They invite her to live with them.
15. Who does the narrator blame for her husband taking a second wife?
(a) Having too many children.
(b) She says no one is to blame.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens whenever the narrator goes to the movies alone?
2. Now that Modou has left her, how does the narrator travel with her children?
3. After the first visit, what does Daouda Dieng promise?
4. What has Daouda Dieng been called publicly?
5. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's question from #134 above?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)