|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's oldest daughter like?
(a) Defers all decisions to her mother.
(b) Too lazy to study in school.
(c) Submissive to men.
2. What does Daouda Dieng say the narrator and he can bring to a marriage?
(a) Understanding and happines.
(b) The combined fortune of both of their houses.
(c) A new perspective on multiple marriages.
(d) Lots of children.
3. Who inherits Binetou's villa after Modou's death?
(a) No one, it had to be sold to pay taxes.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Daba and her husband.
4. Who tells the narrator he will marry her after the mourning period is over for Modou?
(c) Daouda Dieng.
(d) Samba Diack.
5. How do the narrator's in-laws treat her after Modou marries Binetou?
(a) They tell her how bad a wife she was.
(b) They shun her.
(c) They still visit her.
(d) They invite her to live with them.
6. What does the narrator do to fill the void her husband's loss leaves?
(a) Listens to the radio all the time.
(b) Travels around the world.
(c) Babysits her grandchildren.
(d) Tries to find another husband.
7. What does the narrator believe about Lady mother-in-law?
(a) She does not yet know about the marriage.
(b) She wants to escape poverty through her daughter Binetou's marriage.
(c) She gave her permission for Binetou to marry so Binetou would be happy.
(d) She was appalled at the marriage of Binetou to Modou.
8. How does Modou juggle the two marriages and wives?
(a) He abandons the narrator and their life together.
(b) He stays one week with one and the next with the other.
(c) He decides to annul the second marriage.
(d) He moves the second wife in the same house as the first.
9. Who tells the narrator of Binetou's generous "sugar daddy"?
(d) Aunty Nabou
10. Who helps care for the narrator's children when they are sick?
(a) Mawdo Bw.
(b) The in-laws.
11. Who is coming to visit the narrator in Chapter 22?
12. In whom has Modou begun showing an interest?
13. What does Daouda Dieng think is necessary to help the development of Senegal?
(a) Lots of foreign aid from the United States.
(b) More colleges to open in Senegal.
(c) A fight against poverty and for women to be politically involved.
(d) For woman to stay home and have babies.
14. How does the narrator feel around Daouda Dieng?
(a) Put down.
(b) As just another woman to take care of a man.
(d) An equal.
15. Who does the narrator blame for her husband taking a second wife?
(a) She says no one is to blame.
(c) Having too many children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Aissatou's son, Mawdo Fall, a victim?
2. In what way does the narrator believe lies her happiness?
3. What is the narrator's first name?
4. What has Daouda Dieng been called publicly?
5. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's question from #134 above?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)