|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's first name?
2. Who tells the narrator he will marry her after the mourning period is over for Modou?
(b) Daouda Dieng.
(c) Samba Diack.
3. What happens to her sons Alioune and Malick?
(a) They are kidnapped by their father.
(b) They are hit by a motorcycle.
(c) They quit school to support their mother.
(d) They both refuse to marry who their mother has chosen for them.
4. What does the narrator tell the answer to question #120 in response to his offer of marriage?
(a) She would never marry him.
(b) She doesn't want to marry him but will live with him as his mistress.
(c) She needs to think about it for awhile.
(d) She would be delighted to marry him.
5. What does Daouda Dieng think is necessary to help the development of Senegal?
(a) More colleges to open in Senegal.
(b) Lots of foreign aid from the United States.
(c) For woman to stay home and have babies.
(d) A fight against poverty and for women to be politically involved.
6. Who is the narrator's neighbor?
(a) Her mother-in-law.
(b) A widower with two children.
(c) The griot woman.
(d) Her oldest daughter who is married.
7. In whom has Modou begun showing an interest?
8. What has Daouda Dieng been called publicly?
(a) A candidate for presidency.
(b) An embezzler.
(c) A racist.
(d) A feminist.
9. In what academic class is Mawdo Fall having difficulties?
(a) English literature.
10. Who tells the narrator of Binetou's generous "sugar daddy"?
(d) Aunty Nabou
11. How does Modou feel about being married to Binetou?
(a) He believes she tricked him into marrying her.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is sorry he married her.
(d) He expects to divorce her after he is tired of her.
12. How does Binetou feel about her marriage to Modou?
(a) She misses her former life.
(b) She is indifferent.
(c) She hates being married so young.
(d) She is glad to be taken care of.
13. In what way does the narrator believe lies her happiness?
(a) Killing herself.
(b) Giving her children to relatives to raise.
(c) Being part of a couple.
(d) Moving to the United States to live with Aissatou.
14. Who gives the narrator a brand new car?
(d) Lady Mother-in-law.
15. What two woman does the narrator compare?
(a) Aissatou and herself.
(b) Daba and Binetou.
(c) Aunty Nabou and Lady Mother-in-law.
(d) Nabou and Binetou.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason the narrator gives for not marrying Daouda Dieng?
2. How did Modou respond to the narrator having a new car?
3. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
4. What decision does the narrator make about her daughters?
5. What is Ibrahima Sall's occupation?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)