|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two woman does the narrator compare?
(a) Aissatou and herself.
(b) Daba and Binetou.
(c) Nabou and Binetou.
(d) Aunty Nabou and Lady Mother-in-law.
2. What kind of clothes do her daughters wear?
3. Who inherits Binetou's villa after Modou's death?
(a) Daba and her husband.
(b) No one, it had to be sold to pay taxes.
(c) The narrator.
4. What does the narrator say about Tamsir as a provider?
(a) He is a poor provider and his wifes cannot make ends meet.
(b) He showers his family with expensive presents.
(c) He does an adequate job of providing for his family.
(d) He does not provide for them as he left them.
5. How many years have the narrator and Modou been married when he takes a second wife?
6. What does the narrator think hurt Modou's career?
(a) His lack of education.
(b) The narrator's full social life.
(c) His greed.
(d) Marrying a second wife.
7. What is the narrator's first name?
8. What is the reason the narrator gives for not marrying Daouda Dieng?
(a) She despises Daouda Dieng.
(b) She does not want to be in another polygamous marriage.
(c) She is moving to the United States.
(d) She is too old for that kind of foolishness.
9. What does Daba suggest that her mother (the narrator) do?
(a) She encourages her mother to follow Aissatou's footsteps and leave her husband.
(b) To find herself a second husband.
(c) To put up with it.
(d) To ask for marriage counseling.
10. How does Nabou feel about Mawdo?
(a) She is repulsed by him.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She likes him but is in love with a man from her hometown.
11. How does Binetou treat Modou?
(a) With the proper respect of a wife to a husband.
(b) She makes fun of him.
(c) With awe and reverence.
(d) With gratitude for marrying her.
12. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
(a) Mawdo Bw
(d) Diang Douba
13. What does the narrator tell the answer to question #120 in response to his offer of marriage?
(a) She needs to think about it for awhile.
(b) She would never marry him.
(c) She doesn't want to marry him but will live with him as his mistress.
(d) She would be delighted to marry him.
14. What happens to her sons Alioune and Malick?
(a) They both refuse to marry who their mother has chosen for them.
(b) They are kidnapped by their father.
(c) They quit school to support their mother.
(d) They are hit by a motorcycle.
15. What does Daouda Dieng think is necessary to help the development of Senegal?
(a) More colleges to open in Senegal.
(b) For woman to stay home and have babies.
(c) A fight against poverty and for women to be politically involved.
(d) Lots of foreign aid from the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's looks of admiration?
2. Who are attracted to the narrator as a prospective wife?
3. What does the narrator do to fill the void her husband's loss leaves?
4. What is Ibrahima Sall's occupation?
5. Why does the narrator learn to drive?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)