Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ibrahima Sall's occupation?
(a) A physician.
(b) A policeman.
(c) An infantry man in the military.
(d) A law student.
2. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's looks of admiration?
(a) She is embarrassed.
(b) She is hoping he wants to marry her.
(c) She lowers her eyes in submission.
(d) She flirts with him.
3. What is the narrator's oldest daughter like?
(a) Submissive to men.
(c) Defers all decisions to her mother.
(d) Too lazy to study in school.
4. What is the narrator's first name?
5. How does Binetou treat Modou?
(a) She makes fun of him.
(b) With gratitude for marrying her.
(c) With the proper respect of a wife to a husband.
(d) With awe and reverence.
6. How many years have the narrator and Modou been married when he takes a second wife?
7. How does the narrator view herself at age fifty?
(a) As a liberated woman.
(b) As someone too old to attract another man.
(c) As a good catch for a wife.
(d) As someone whose life is almost over.
8. How does Binetou feel about her marriage to Modou?
(a) She is glad to be taken care of.
(b) She hates being married so young.
(c) She misses her former life.
(d) She is indifferent.
9. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
(b) Diang Douba
(c) Mawdo Bw
10. Who makes repairs around the narrator's house now that her husband has abandoned her?
(b) The narrator.
(c) No one; the narrator lets the house fall apart.
(d) The narrator's uncle.
11. What does the narrator do to Modou about his second marriage?
(a) She gives him an ultimatum.
(b) She asks him to have it annulled.
(c) She pretends it didn't happen.
(d) She forgives him.
12. What do people think about the narrator rejecting Daouda Dieng and others for marriage?
(a) That she is unstable.
(b) That she is wise to forget about another marriage.
(c) That she is gold digging.
(d) That she wants to marry out of a need for revenge.
13. From what type of background does Binetou come?
(a) A poor background.
(d) Upper class.
14. What is the name of one of the narrator's children?
15. How does Modou feel about being married to Binetou?
(a) He expects to divorce her after he is tired of her.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is sorry he married her.
(d) He believes she tricked him into marrying her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of one of the narrator's soon-to-be-born grandchild?
2. When Daouda Dieng returns, what does he say he appreciates?
3. What does she catch three of her daughters doing that infuriates the narrator?
4. In what academic class is Mawdo Fall having difficulties?
5. Who inherits Binetou's villa after Modou's death?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)