|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, what did Modou do to gain her as a wife?
(a) Nothing, she chased Modou.
(b) He promised her they'd move to America.
(c) He told her father she was pregnant.
(d) He went to great lengths to have her.
2. What kind of clothes do her daughters wear?
3. What, in the narrator's opinion, does modernity do?
(a) It causes immoral behavior among the young people.
(b) It improves the country immensely.
(c) It signifies the slow death of traditional trades.
(d) It increases live births.
4. In what way does the narrator believe lies her happiness?
(a) Giving her children to relatives to raise.
(b) Moving to the United States to live with Aissatou.
(c) Being part of a couple.
(d) Killing herself.
5. What do people think about the narrator rejecting Daouda Dieng and others for marriage?
(a) That she wants to marry out of a need for revenge.
(b) That she is gold digging.
(c) That she is unstable.
(d) That she is wise to forget about another marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator's first name?
2. In Modou's letters to the narrator while getting his degree, for what did he say he longed?
3. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's question from #134 above?
4. How many years has the narrator been married to the deceased?
5. Who pushes Aissatou, the narrator's daughter, to tell her mother about a difficult situation?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)