|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Daouda Dieng's marriage proposal?
(a) He is recently widowed.
(b) He is already married, so the narrator would be the second wife.
(c) It is many years too late.
(d) He does not propose marriage, but rather an affair.
2. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
(c) Mawdo Bw
(d) Diang Douba
3. What is proof that times have changed?
(a) That woman are now considered equals to men in Senegal.
(b) The new president of Senegal is a woman.
(c) Ramatoulaye's daughter's pregnancy though she is not married.
(d) Her son is accepted at Oxford in England.
4. How did Modou respond to the narrator having a new car?
5. What pleases Ramatoulaye about women around the world?
(a) That they use birth control.
(b) Their budding emancipation.
(c) That they are no longer bigoted.
(d) That they remain submissive to their husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Ramatoulaye tease her friend Aissatou?
2. To what does the narrator compare teachers?
3. How many years have passed since the end of chapter 12 and the beginning of chapter 13?
4. How did the narrator feel about her marriage before Modou abandons her?
5. Why is this test feared by Senegalese women?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)