|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think of Aissatou's in-laws?
(a) That they should not have moved to the United States.
(b) That they do not respect Aissatou.
(c) That they are wonderfully warm people.
(d) That they take advantage of Aissatou.
2. What does she catch three of her daughters doing that infuriates the narrator?
(b) Entertaining boys at home while their mother is gone.
(c) Corresponding with boys on the internet.
(d) Piercing their ears.
3. What does Daba produce when Lady Mother-in-Law wants the monthly salary continued?
(a) A box of jewelry for Mother-in-Law.
(b) Four witnesses that say Mother-in-Law abused the deceased.
(c) A court order doubling the amount.
(d) An affidavit with a list of what Binetou's villa contained.
4. What can mothers do today as far as their daughters and sexual activity?
(a) Forbid it.
(b) Take them to get birth control pills.
(c) Give no information and hope they don't notice boys.
(d) Limit the damage.
5. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's looks of admiration?
(a) She lowers her eyes in submission.
(b) She flirts with him.
(c) She is embarrassed.
(d) She is hoping he wants to marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Tamsir as a provider?
2. What is Ramatoulaye's overall tone at the end of the book?
3. How does Binetou treat Modou?
4. What does the deceased do when he meets Binetou?
5. How does Ramatoulaye feel about Ibrahima's visits?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)