|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is remarkable about the narrator?
(a) She was the only female pilot in Senegal.
(b) She won an Olympic gold medal in track.
(c) She had been one of the first educated women in Senegal.
(d) She gave birth to a set of sextuplets all of whom survived.
2. What is said out loud during the mourning rituals?
(a) A prayer for the resurrection of the deceased.
(b) KORAN verses.
(c) Verses from THE PROPHET.
(d) A poem citing the deceased warrior deeds.
3. How does the narrator act upon hearing the news?
(a) She flies into a rage and slaps Modou.
(b) She immediately packs and leaves for the United States.
(c) She hides her distress from her visitors.
(d) She is indifferent since she is first wife and most important.
4. Who did Modou support politically?
(a) The political party who opposed the dominant one.
(b) His own small group.
(c) He wanted to stay part of the British empire.
(d) The dominant party.
5. Who is Daouda Dieng?
(a) The head of the police in Senegal.
(b) The boy her mother prefers over Modou.
(c) The narrator's maternal uncle.
(d) The narrator's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is the narrator involved that her husband has married a second wife?
2. What reasons does the narrator give for Modou's taking a second wife?
3. Why do others disapprove of Aissatou's marriage?
4. How did Modou respond to the narrator having a new car?
5. Of what significance is the narrator's unconventional marriage?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)