|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are attracted to the narrator as a prospective wife?
(a) Men who want a traditional, submissive wife.
(b) No one because the narrator is too old.
(c) Men who want her inheritance.
(d) Men who want a woman who can earn a paycheck.
2. Why is the narrator upset about the donations from the people?
(a) The people resent donating.
(b) It's too late to save others with needed medications.
(c) Most people decline to donate?
(d) The people do not donate very much.
3. How does the narrator feel about Modou even several years after he marries Binetou?
(a) She is indifferent to him.
(b) She wishes he would die.
(c) She hopes Binetou leaves him.
(d) She still loves him.
4. What gives the narrator the ability to buck her family and marry who she wishes?
(a) Her great-Aunt who did the same.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Because her future husband is blackmailing her.
(d) What she learns in school.
5. How did Modou respond to the narrator having a new car?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suffers a heart attack?
2. What does Modou think of the policies of the dominant party?
3. Of what significance is the narrator's unconventional marriage?
4. What does the narrator do to fill the void her husband's loss leaves?
5. When Daouda Dieng returns, what does he say he appreciates?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)