|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does little Nabou marry at Aunty Nabou's insistence?
(a) No one; her aunt insists she remain single.
(b) Dieng Dw.
2. What is remarkable about the narrator?
(a) She was the only female pilot in Senegal.
(b) She won an Olympic gold medal in track.
(c) She had been one of the first educated women in Senegal.
(d) She gave birth to a set of sextuplets all of whom survived.
3. How does the narrator feel about Modou even several years after he marries Binetou?
(a) She still loves him.
(b) She is indifferent to him.
(c) She hopes Binetou leaves him.
(d) She wishes he would die.
4. What is the reason the narrator gives for not marrying Daouda Dieng?
(a) She despises Daouda Dieng.
(b) She does not want to be in another polygamous marriage.
(c) She is moving to the United States.
(d) She is too old for that kind of foolishness.
5. What does the narrator find when she rushes to the hospital?
(a) Her husband in the ICU unit talking to a nurse.
(b) Her brother-in-law with a broken leg.
(c) Her new granddaughter in an incubator.
(d) Her dead husband covered in a white sheet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator's mother think of Modou?
2. According to tradition, who stays with the narrator during this tragic time?
3. What does the narrator think of Aissatou's choice to leave her husband and move to the United States?
4. How many children does the woman bear the deceased?
5. Of what significance is the narrator's unconventional marriage?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)