|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 22-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator's emotional response to an offer of marriage after Modou's death?
(a) Outrage at being treated as an object.
(b) Hesitant because of her children.
(c) Fearful but willing.
(d) Excited by the prospect.
2. Why does the narrator learn to drive?
(a) So she can transport her children.
(b) She cannot drive; she hires a driver.
(c) To prove to Modou that she does not need him.
(d) To make Aissatou proud.
3. What is said out loud during the mourning rituals?
(a) KORAN verses.
(b) Verses from THE PROPHET.
(c) A poem citing the deceased warrior deeds.
(d) A prayer for the resurrection of the deceased.
4. Who does little Nabou marry at Aunty Nabou's insistence?
(b) No one; her aunt insists she remain single.
(d) Dieng Dw.
5. What is the reason the narrator gives for not marrying Daouda Dieng?
(a) She despises Daouda Dieng.
(b) She is moving to the United States.
(c) She does not want to be in another polygamous marriage.
(d) She is too old for that kind of foolishness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difference between the men and women during the gathering for the deceased?
2. What do the narrator and her friends do at their house parties?
3. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
4. How does the narrator feel about Modou taking a second wife?
5. What does the narrator have to put up with regularly?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)