|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does little Nabou marry at Aunty Nabou's insistence?
(c) Dieng Dw.
(d) No one; her aunt insists she remain single.
2. What is the difference between the narrator's friends and fellow teachers versus her in-laws?
(a) Her in-laws belong to a different political party from her friends.
(b) She is able to relax with them, which she can't do with her in-laws.
(c) Her friends are modern-minded; whereas the in-laws stick to tradition.
(d) Her in-laws are from Kenya, not Senegal.
3. What does Aunty Nabou demand?
(a) That they provide her a small stipend to live on.
(b) To take little Nabou, her brother's daughter, back home with her.
(c) That her brother help her discipline Mawdo.
(d) Enough money to move to the West Indies.
4. What is remarkable about the narrator?
(a) She gave birth to a set of sextuplets all of whom survived.
(b) She was the only female pilot in Senegal.
(c) She won an Olympic gold medal in track.
(d) She had been one of the first educated women in Senegal.
5. In what way does the narrator believe lies her happiness?
(a) Giving her children to relatives to raise.
(b) Being part of a couple.
(c) Moving to the United States to live with Aissatou.
(d) Killing herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, in the narrator's opinion, does modernity do?
2. Of what is Aunty Nabou proud?
3. How did the narrator feel about her marriage before Modou abandons her?
4. How does Binetou feel about her marriage to Modou?
5. How did Modou respond to the narrator having a new car?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)