|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator upset about the donations from the people?
(a) The people resent donating.
(b) Most people decline to donate?
(c) It's too late to save others with needed medications.
(d) The people do not donate very much.
2. What is the first thing the narrator says in her letter?
(a) That she lost her husband today.
(b) That she has moved to Canada.
(c) That her eldest daughter is dead.
(d) That she has just had a baby boy.
3. What does Daba produce when Lady Mother-in-Law wants the monthly salary continued?
(a) Four witnesses that say Mother-in-Law abused the deceased.
(b) A box of jewelry for Mother-in-Law.
(c) A court order doubling the amount.
(d) An affidavit with a list of what Binetou's villa contained.
4. How long does the narrator have to stay indoors after the funeral?
(a) She does not have to stay indoors.
(b) Four months and ten days.
(c) As long as it takes for her hair to grow long again.
(d) Three days.
5. What is the occupation of Aissatou's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two woman does the narrator compare?
2. How many children did the second wife bear the deceased?
3. When did the narrator and her husband's romance blossom?
4. What reasons does the narrator give for Modou's taking a second wife?
5. What does the narrator do to fill the void her husband's loss leaves?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)