|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator compare teachers?
(a) An army of priests-in charge of people's souls.
(b) Slaves from the Roman times.
(c) Evangelical ministers.
(d) Socrates and Aristotole.
2. What had the deceased bought to please his second wife?
(a) Two thoroughbred horses for racing.
(b) A nice villa.
(c) A diamond necklace.
(d) A new mercedes benz.
3. Why is the narrator upset about the sister-in-laws song?
(a) Because they do not sing the complete song.
(b) Because they do not remember the narrator's name.
(c) Because they sing out of key.
(d) Because they praise both wifes equally.
4. What is the name of Modou's friend who Modou introduces to the narrator and her friends?
(a) Mawdo Bw
(c) Fawd Was
(d) Memsab Nw
5. What dos the narrator do as a profession?
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A housewife.
(c) A physician.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gives the narrator the ability to buck her family and marry who she wishes?
2. Who is Aunty Nabou?
3. What two woman does the narrator compare?
4. What does Modou do with his degree?
5. What was the narrator's emotional response to an offer of marriage after Modou's death?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)