|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What profession does Aunty Nabou insist her niece take up?
2. What do the participants donate to this person's funeral?
(a) A slave to be sacrificed on the funeral pyre.
(b) Forty head of sheep.
(c) Land for the widows to live on.
3. What is the traditional contribution for funeral expenses from others?
(b) Agricultural produce.
(c) Crafts to sell at market.
4. What does Daba suggest that her mother (the narrator) do?
(a) To find herself a second husband.
(b) To ask for marriage counseling.
(c) To put up with it.
(d) She encourages her mother to follow Aissatou's footsteps and leave her husband.
5. What is the difference between the narrator's friends and fellow teachers versus her in-laws?
(a) Her in-laws are from Kenya, not Senegal.
(b) She is able to relax with them, which she can't do with her in-laws.
(c) Her friends are modern-minded; whereas the in-laws stick to tradition.
(d) Her in-laws belong to a different political party from her friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Modou respond to the narrator having a new car?
2. Which wife receives the most money?
3. What is another secret revealed about the deceased?
4. How many years have passed since the end of chapter 12 and the beginning of chapter 13?
5. Why does the narrator believe it is useless to try to revive the person in question 5?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)