|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Aissatou's father?
2. What keeps Mawdo busy as a physician?
(a) The AIDS epidemic.
(b) Finding a cure for sickle cell anemia.
(c) The population boom.
(d) people People now prefer western medicine to the traditional medicine.
3. What does Mawdo, Aissatou's husband, admire about his father-in-law?
(a) His willingness to cry at his daughter's wedding.
(b) His prize cow.
(c) His dexterity and artistry.
(d) His ability to work though he is handicapped.
4. What is the difference between the narrator's friends and fellow teachers versus her in-laws?
(a) Her in-laws belong to a different political party from her friends.
(b) She is able to relax with them, which she can't do with her in-laws.
(c) Her friends are modern-minded; whereas the in-laws stick to tradition.
(d) Her in-laws are from Kenya, not Senegal.
5. Of what does the younger generation speak?
(a) Becoming a democracy.
(b) Moving to Europe or the United States.
(d) The need for more computer literacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this test feared by Senegalese women?
2. When did the narrator and her husband's romance blossom?
3. Why does the narrator believe it is useless to try to revive the person in question 5?
4. How many years has the second wife been married to the deceased?
5. Which wife receives the most money?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)