|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about Modou taking a second wife?
(a) Glad to have someone to share household chores.
(c) Indifferent since she is the first and most important wife.
(d) She does not know he did so.
2. Of what significance is the narrator's unconventional marriage?
(a) It is the first one to have ever taken place in Senegal.
(b) It is the reason she loses her teaching job.
(c) It compels new laws granting women complete freedom.
(d) It is symbolic of the New Africa.
3. What does Modou do with his degree?
(a) He goes to work for an environmental firm.
(b) He works toward the advancement of his country.
(c) He builds a hospital.
(d) He designs a model city.
4. How many years has the narrator been married to the deceased?
5. Who is Aunty Nabou?
(a) Mawdo's mother.
(b) The narrator's second cousin.
(c) The narrator's mother-in-law.
(d) The mother of the country's president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reasons does the narrator give for Modou's taking a second wife?
2. What is the difference between the narrator's friends and fellow teachers versus her in-laws?
3. When did the narrator realize that Modou was the man for her for life?
4. Why does Modou gain many promotions in his job?
5. Which of Aissatou's brothers follow in their father's footsteps?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)