|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Aunty Nabou received when she arrives at her destination?
(a) With cold obligatory rituals.
(b) With hesitation.
(c) She is asked to return home immediately.
(d) Like a princess.
2. What is the mirasse?
(a) A family meeting required by the Koran where the deceased's secrets are exposed.
(b) A pilgrimage to Mecca.
(c) A payment of 10 dollars from the government for the widow.
(d) A vision the widow finds on a quest in the desert.
3. What is remarkable about the narrator?
(a) She had been one of the first educated women in Senegal.
(b) She won an Olympic gold medal in track.
(c) She was the only female pilot in Senegal.
(d) She gave birth to a set of sextuplets all of whom survived.
4. Why is the narrator upset about the sister-in-laws song?
(a) Because they praise both wifes equally.
(b) Because they sing out of key.
(c) Because they do not sing the complete song.
(d) Because they do not remember the narrator's name.
5. What do the female relatives do for the deceased?
(a) Cover their heads with yellow cloth for two weeks.
(b) Wash the dead person's body.
(c) Wail while walking around the outside of the home.
(d) Light the funeral pyre.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator's mother feel about the narrator's relationship with Modou?
2. Why is the narrator upset about the donations from the people?
3. What do the participants donate to this person's funeral?
4. How might one describe the culture of the Senegal people?
5. What does the deceased do when he meets Binetou?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)