|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discusses the mysteries of birth and death with the narrator?
(a) A Catholic priest in the room.
(b) The nurse in the deceased person's room.
(c) Dr. Mawdo Bw.
(d) The narrator's mother.
2. What was the narrator's first impression of her future husband?
(a) That he was attractive and intelligent.
(b) That he needed to gain a little weight.
(c) That he probably wasn't from her country.
(d) That he was not very bright.
3. According to tradition, who stays with the narrator during this tragic time?
(a) The dead person's co-wife.
(b) The shamen of the tribe.
(c) All the children from all the wives.
(d) The deceased male relatives.
4. What is the mirasse?
(a) A family meeting required by the Koran where the deceased's secrets are exposed.
(b) A vision the widow finds on a quest in the desert.
(c) A pilgrimage to Mecca.
(d) A payment of 10 dollars from the government for the widow.
5. How many children did the second wife bear the deceased?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Modou's friend who Modou introduces to the narrator and her friends?
2. According to the narrator, what did Modou do to gain her as a wife?
3. What did the narrator's mother think of Modou?
4. Which wife receives the most money?
5. In Modou's letters to the narrator while getting his degree, for what did he say he longed?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)