|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years has the second wife been married to the deceased?
2. What is one secret revealed about the deceased?
(a) He had two other wives secretly.
(b) He loved to travel to America.
(c) He never believed in the Koran.
(d) He had serious financial problems.
3. What is the mirasse?
(a) A vision the widow finds on a quest in the desert.
(b) A family meeting required by the Koran where the deceased's secrets are exposed.
(c) A payment of 10 dollars from the government for the widow.
(d) A pilgrimage to Mecca.
4. What had the deceased bought to please his second wife?
(a) A diamond necklace.
(b) A new mercedes benz.
(c) Two thoroughbred horses for racing.
(d) A nice villa.
5. How does the narrator feel about Modou taking a second wife?
(a) Indifferent since she is the first and most important wife.
(c) Glad to have someone to share household chores.
(d) She does not know he did so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the narrator upset about the sister-in-laws song?
2. What does the narrator wonder about those who come to acknowledge the deceased person?
3. To whom do the wives give money?
4. What does Modou complain about in his letters?
5. What is the name of Modou's friend who Modou introduces to the narrator and her friends?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)