|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Modou complain about in his letters?
(a) Racial discrimination.
(b) The cold weather in France.
(c) The quality of the petit fours.
(d) The difficulty of the coursework.
2. What is the family's response to the narrator's non-traditional simple wedding ceremony?
(b) Excited that she is using her education to change traditions.
(c) Glad that it does not cost much.
(d) They do not believe it is sufficient to be legal.
3. What is the occupation of Aissatou's father?
4. Who does Aissatou marry?
(a) Mawdo Bw.
(b) Douda Raaw.
(d) Daouda Dieng.
5. What did the narrator's mother think of Modou?
(a) He was ugly.
(b) He was kind and generous.
(c) He was too good to be true.
(d) He wouldn't be a good provider.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the narrator and her friends feel about being teachers?
2. When did the narrator and her husband's romance blossom?
3. Who suffers a heart attack?
4. To whom is the narrator writing her diary?
5. How many children did the second wife bear the deceased?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)