|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator believe about Lady mother-in-law?
(a) She gave her permission for Binetou to marry so Binetou would be happy.
(b) She does not yet know about the marriage.
(c) She wants to escape poverty through her daughter Binetou's marriage.
(d) She was appalled at the marriage of Binetou to Modou.
2. What is the occupation of Aissatou's father?
3. What has Daouda Dieng been called publicly?
(a) A racist.
(b) An embezzler.
(c) A feminist.
(d) A candidate for presidency.
4. How do the narrator and her friends feel about being teachers?
(a) It's something to pay the bills, though not very exciting.
(b) It's a necessary evil.
(c) They love their profession.
(d) They hate teaching.
5. Who are attracted to the narrator as a prospective wife?
(a) Men who want her inheritance.
(b) Men who want a traditional, submissive wife.
(c) No one because the narrator is too old.
(d) Men who want a woman who can earn a paycheck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daouda Dieng say the narrator and he can bring to a marriage?
2. What is Daouda Dieng's occupation?
3. Who seems to have romantic intentions for the narrator since Modou left her?
4. Which of Aissatou's brothers follow in their father's footsteps?
5. What does Daba suggest that her mother (the narrator) do?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)