|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Modou juggle the two marriages and wives?
(a) He moves the second wife in the same house as the first.
(b) He stays one week with one and the next with the other.
(c) He abandons the narrator and their life together.
(d) He decides to annul the second marriage.
2. How do the narrator and her friends feel about being teachers?
(a) It's something to pay the bills, though not very exciting.
(b) They hate teaching.
(c) They love their profession.
(d) It's a necessary evil.
3. Who informs the narrator of the marriage?
(b) Diang Douba
(d) Mawdo Bw
4. What is the reason the narrator gives for not marrying Daouda Dieng?
(a) She does not want to be in another polygamous marriage.
(b) She is moving to the United States.
(c) She is too old for that kind of foolishness.
(d) She despises Daouda Dieng.
5. From what type of background does Binetou come?
(a) A poor background.
(d) Upper class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Daouda Dieng say the narrator and he can bring to a marriage?
2. How does the narrator respond to Daouda Dieng's question from #134 above?
3. Who is Aissatou?
4. Which of Aissatou's brothers follow in their father's footsteps?
5. Who is the narrator's neighbor?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)