|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four, Pale Fire: Chapter Fourteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eludes Joe at the beach?
(a) The feeling of peace.
(b) A connection to God.
(c) The purpose of the deaths he has witnessed.
(d) A connection to life.
2. What revelation occurs to him regarding his indifference?
(a) That it is the safest course of action.
(b) That it might foster great evil.
(c) That life is best lived without deep commitment.
(d) That it is the only route for him.
3. Who first accosts Joe and Rose on the beach?
(a) Thugs from Teknologik.
(c) Government agents.
4. What does she suggest Joe do?
(a) Put it behind him and go on with his life.
(b) Talk to the current head of NTSB.
(c) Come to see her.
(d) Speak with her in person.
5. Where has she retired to?
(a) Colorado Springs.
(b) Washington DC.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was her former position before retirement?
2. What does Rose first tell Joe?
3. Who tells him where to find her?
4. What does he resolve to do?
5. What grounds him again?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)