|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charley contemplate as he sits on the riverbank?
(b) His mother.
(c) Pretty girls.
2. What are Charley and a few other men ordered to do?
(a) Scout for the enemy
(b) Provide beef for the men
(c) Clean rifles
(d) Pitch more tents
3. Why does Charley go to the river?
(a) For a picnic.
(b) To meditate.
(c) To wash his clothes.
(d) To fish.
4. For every one man who has died in battle, __________ men have died of dysentery.
5. Which of the following does not describe Charley at this point in time?
(c) No interest in anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charley feels he is old, not in age but in _______________.
2. Which of the following does not describe Charley's demeanor in battle?
3. What season is approaching as the soldiers return to Washington?
4. Which of the following should Charley not be doing at this point in his life?
5. What does Charley realize as the men get closer to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of Charley's mental and physical health?
2. How do the men get whiskey?
3. Describe Charley's unexpected and pleasant encounter with a Confederate soldier.
4. What is life like for Charley and his company after they return to camp in Washington?
5. Why are the men from Minnesota better equipped to deal with the deteriorating conditions in camp?
6. What is the men's opinions of General McClellan?
7. What are some of the very familiar things that Charley experiences as he heads into this battle?
8. What does Charley think as he watches the enemy soldiers fall and die?
9. How does the battle end for Charley?
10. What is the date when Chapter 10 begins and where is Charley?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)