|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls to Charley when he is on guard duty one night?
(a) A Rebel soldier
(b) President Lincoln
(c) General McClellan
(d) His mother
2. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
(d) in a trance.
3. At least one-half of the men from _________________ die from some form of contagious disease.
(d) New York
4. What is the activity of the Union army at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) In battle.
(b) Preparing for battle.
5. What weapons do the men use at this point of the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is rumored about McClellan?
2. What is the date of Chapter 10?
3. The men are issued uniforms of heavy blue wool and ___________________.
4. What does the person in #125 want?
5. What soon faces Charley and his comrades?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the battle end for Charley?
2. What is the setting for Chapter 9?
3. What is life like for Charley and his company after they return to camp in Washington?
4. What does Charley think as he watches the enemy soldiers fall and die?
5. Why are the men from Minnesota better equipped to deal with the deteriorating conditions in camp?
6. How does Charley spend his first paycheck?
7. What is the date when Chapter 10 begins and where is Charley?
8. What is the nature of the wound Charley sustains in Chapter 8?
9. Describe Charley's experience as he and his company march toward Richmond.
10. How do Charley and his comrades differ in their opinions about the possibility of any more battles?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)