Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the man next to Charley?
(a) He turns and runs away
(b) He faints
(c) His head is blown off
(d) He charges blindly ahead
2. Charley thinks the train ride is ______________________.
(a) an appointment with destiny
(b) a waste of time
(c) a great way to start a war
(d) the best time he's ever had
3. Which of the following is not part of the uniform Charley is issued?
(c) Gray socks
(d) Black pants
4. After the initial excitement, Charley finds camp to be _______________.
5. What is Charley's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town where Charley lives?
2. What do the soldiers have to march over as they head out to the battlefield?
3. Which of the following items does Charley's mother not pack for him to take with him?
4. What is Charley's state of mind at this point in the battle?
5. What happens to the lieutenant after he talks to Charley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Charley and the other soldiers believe their role will be in the war, if there really is a war?
2. What is the date when Chapter 10 begins and where is Charley?
3. What job does a surgeon ask Charley to do?
4. What is life like for Charley and his company after they return to camp in Washington?
5. In addition to his food, what does Charley take with him on a picnic by the river?
6. How does Charley spend the night after his first day in battle?
7. Describe Charley's experience on the train to Manassas.
8. How does the Battle of Gettysburg begin for Charley and his company?
9. Describe Charley's unexpected and pleasant encounter with a Confederate soldier.
10. Why are the men from Minnesota better equipped to deal with the deteriorating conditions in camp?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)