|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of the uniform Charley is issued?
(b) Black pants
(d) Gray socks
2. What does Charley do when he finds protection?
3. Which of the following did the Rebs not leave behind?
(a) Cook pots
4. What is Charley's demeanor during the battle?
5. What color is Charley's new flannel shirt?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Charley walk to in order to sign up for the army?
2. What does Charely observe more and more of his comrades doing?
3. The rifles are inaccurate and can seldom hit a target at ______________ yards.
4. How soon will Charley and his comrades be expected to go back into battle?
5. What is Charley's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Charley's impressions about riding the train?
2. What unusual sight does Charley see as he looks out over the battlefield that evening?
3. Describe the scenario of the black woman giving a sweet roll to Charley.
4. How does Chapter 4 end?
5. What is Charley's relationship with God during this battle?
6. How is Charley caught up in the excitement of the possibility of a civil war?
7. What do Charley and the other soldiers believe their role will be in the war, if there really is a war?
8. What is the setting of the book?
9. Describe the horrible sights Charley encounters while marching over dead bodies into battle.
10. What are the men told will happen tomorrow and what does Charley feel about it?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)