|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did local families do the previous day?
(a) Buried the dead soldiers
(b) Helped the wounded men
(c) Had picnics and watched the battle
(d) Supplied fresh horses
2. Which of the following is not part of the uniform Charley is issued?
(c) Gray socks
(d) Black pants
3. When officers tell the men they did a good job, Charley knows it is ________________.
(a) partly true
(b) a lie
(c) the honest truth
(d) a dream
4. How many times a week does Charley's mother write to him?
5. The war no longer seems ___________ to Charley and the other soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley think he sees over the battlefield?
2. What does Charley contemplate when he sees the black people?
3. How soon will Charley and his comrades be expected to go back into battle?
4. What does Charley think of as he looks out at the battlefield?
5. What does Charley notice about the black people he sees?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Charley and the other soldiers believe their role will be in the war, if there really is a war?
2. What do the officers tell the men after the battle which Charley knows is a lie?
3. What are Charley's impressions of the poor Southerners he sees from the train?
4. How do Charley and his mother come to terms with his going to war?
5. What are the men told will happen tomorrow and what does Charley feel about it?
6. What is Charley's experience in the battle of Bull Run?
7. Describe the scenario of the black woman giving a sweet roll to Charley.
8. How does Charley spend the night after his first day in battle?
9. Why is Charley uncomfortable with the immoral behavior of his fellow soldiers?
10. Describe Charley's experience on the train to Manassas.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)