|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on June 22, 1861?
(a) The war is over
(b) Charley goes AWOL
(c) Charley's unit is ordered to march to the river
(d) Charley is shot
2. What color is Charley's new flannel shirt?
3. How soon will Charley and his comrades be expected to go back into battle?
(a) Later today
(c) Next week
(d) A couple of days
4. What do Charley and many other men do that embarrasses them?
(b) Wet their pants
(c) Sing lullabies
5. What is Charley's view of the Union cause?
(a) It is right
(b) He has no opinion
(c) He agrees with some of it
(d) He agrees with most of it
Short Answer Questions
1. What do girls in the towns give the soldiers?
2. Why does Charley go to a nearby stream?
3. What does Charley note about the farmers they pass in the fields?
4. Who does Charley figure the person in #48 is?
5. How old is Charley, the main character in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the obstacle to Charley's joining the army and how does he plan to overcome it?
2. When does Charley see black people for the first time and what are this thoughts?
3. What is Charley's experience in the battle of Bull Run?
4. What do Charley and the other soldiers believe their role will be in the war, if there really is a war?
5. What unusual sight does Charley see as he looks out over the battlefield that evening?
6. What is Charley's relationship with God during this battle?
7. What is the premise of this book?
8. How is Charley caught up in the excitement of the possibility of a civil war?
9. Describe Charley's morning as he prepares for the second day of battle.
10. What is the setting of the book?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)