|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Charley and his comrades marching at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Across a stream
(b) Around a mountain
(c) Across an open field
(d) Through a small town
2. Which of the following is not part of the uniform Charley is issued?
(b) Black pants
(d) Gray socks
3. How does Charley feel about the food in camp?
(a) It is horrible
(b) It is the best he's ever had
(c) It is pretty good
(d) It is tolerable
4. The rifles are inaccurate and can seldom hit a target at ______________ yards.
5. What is the name of Charley's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Charley wonders if the slaves ____________________ when the North wins the war.
2. What are Charley's rations that night?
3. What does Charley not note about the dead soldiers?
4. Charley is asked to hit a target at _____________ yards.
5. What is Charley's state of mind at this point in the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Charley's impressions about riding the train?
2. What happens to Lieutenant Olafson and what is Charley's reaction?
3. When does Charley see black people for the first time and what are this thoughts?
4. What is Charley's induction experience at Fort Snelling?
5. What is Charley's relationship with God during this battle?
6. How does Charley spend the night after his first day in battle?
7. What is the premise of this book?
8. What is the setting of the book?
9. How does Charley feel about the position of the Union in the war?
10. What role does the issue of slavery play in Charley's perceptions about the war?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)