|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charley go to a nearby stream?
(a) Take a bath
(b) Fill his canteen
(c) Wash his hair
(d) Wash his clothes
2. What do the soldiers have to march over as they head out to the battlefield?
(d) Dead soldiers
3. What blurs Charley's vision?
(d) Gun smoke
4. What comforts does Charley especially appreciate on the train?
(a) Comfortable beds and fine wine
(b) Chocolates and wine
(c) New books and good food
(d) Comfortable beds and good food
5. What happens on June 22, 1861?
(a) Charley's unit is ordered to march to the river
(b) Charley is shot
(c) The war is over
(d) Charley goes AWOL
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the lieutenant after he talks to Charley?
2. Which of the following items does Charley's mother not pack for him to take with him?
3. Which of the following did the Rebs not leave behind?
4. In what state does Charley live?
5. Which of the following is not an appeal for Charley?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Charley's experience in the battle of Bull Run?
2. What is Charley's relationship with God during this battle?
3. How does Charley feel about the position of the Union in the war?
4. Describe Charley's morning as he prepares for the second day of battle.
5. What type of food is available to the soldiers in camp?
6. What is the nature of the wound Charley sustains in Chapter 8?
7. What is Charley's perception of the army once the initial excitement has worn off?
8. What should Charley's life be like now that he is 21-years-old?
9. What is Charley's induction experience at Fort Snelling?
10. How do Charley and his mother come to terms with his going to war?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)