|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charley feel about the food in camp?
(a) It is tolerable
(b) It is pretty good
(c) It is the best he's ever had
(d) It is horrible
2. Which of the following is not part of the uniform Charley is issued?
(b) Gray socks
(d) Black pants
3. Where does Charley walk to in order to sign up for the army?
(a) Fort Bragg
(b) Fort Snelling
(c) Fort McKinley
(d) Fort Walton
4. What does Charley do when he finds protection?
5. What are the lumps on the ground that Charley sees on the battlefield?
(c) Dead bodies
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the officers tell the men to do now?
2. What protects Charley from an onslaught of bullets?
3. What is the name of Charley's brother?
4. Who drags the black lady back into the house?
5. Which of the following did the Rebs not leave behind?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Charley see black people for the first time and what are this thoughts?
2. What is the setting of the book?
3. What is Charley's relationship with God during this battle?
4. Describe Charley's military training.
5. Describe how Charley is protected by dead bodies during the battle.
6. What do the officers tell the men after the battle which Charley knows is a lie?
7. How do Charley and his mother come to terms with his going to war?
8. How does Charley feel about the position of the Union in the war?
9. What is Charley's perception of the army once the initial excitement has worn off?
10. How does Chapter 4 end?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)