|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charley note about the farmers they pass in the fields?
(a) They do not wave back
(b) They are nearly naked
(c) They wear rags and live in shacks
(d) They don't have any farm tools
2. When do Charley and his mother think the war will be over?
(a) By spring
(b) By autumn
(c) By winter
(d) By summer
3. What does Charley feel like on the train?
4. What blurs Charley's vision?
(a) Gun smoke
5. When is Charley awakened?
(a) Just before dawn
(c) Mid afternoon
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the person Charley decides to follow?
2. How long is the war supposed to last?
3. What is the name of the first battle Charley is in?
4. The rifles are inaccurate and can seldom hit a target at ______________ yards.
5. Which of the following is not something Charley desires if something bad should happen to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Charley is protected by dead bodies during the battle.
2. What is the main content of Charley's mother's letters to him?
3. Describe Charley's military training.
4. How does Chapter 4 end?
5. What are Charley's impressions about riding the train?
6. Describe Charley's morning as he prepares for the second day of battle.
7. Describe the scenario of the black woman giving a sweet roll to Charley.
8. What do the officers tell the men after the battle which Charley knows is a lie?
9. What do Charley and the other soldiers believe their role will be in the war, if there really is a war?
10. What is the premise of this book?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)