|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls to Charley when he is on guard duty one night?
(a) President Lincoln
(b) General McClellan
(c) His mother
(d) A Rebel soldier
2. What weapon are the men told to use in the heat of battle?
3. Who is the new recruit who talks as if he knows what is going to happen in the battle?
4. Who is the new commander assigned to Charley's company?
5. What protection will Charley have in front of him in the upcoming battle?
(a) More Union regiments.
(d) Fences and rock walls.
6. Which of the following does Charley not think when he looks at the item carried by the Confederate soldier?
(a) It is clean.
(b) It is deadly.
(c) It is polished.
(d) It is beautiful.
7. Which of the following does not describe Charley at this point in time?
(d) No interest in anything.
8. What gives the men from Minnesota an advantage in keeping themselves healthy?
(a) They go to sleep early
(b) They know about living in the country
(c) They take vitamins
(d) They get food from home
9. What occupies Charley's thoughts now?
(a) His mother.
(b) The war.
(c) The farm.
(d) Pretty girls.
10. What do the soldiers build when they return to camp in Washington?
(a) Log shelters
(c) Train station
(d) Veterans homes
11. What is the morale of the men as they wait in camp?
12. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
(d) in a trance.
13. Officers are the only ones allowed to have _______________.
(c) weekend passes
14. What does Charley feel his fate is?
(a) He will desert soon
(b) He will die in battle
(c) He will be a war hero
(d) He will be dishonorably discharged
15. Where is Charley standing at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) In a stream.
(b) Top of a hill.
(c) Top of a mountain.
(d) Top of a meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charley watches as the enemy falls and ________ by the thousands.
2. What is the activity of the Union army at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. What are the enlisted men eventually allowed to have for medicinal purposes?
4. What order do Charley and his comrades receive?
5. What is rumored about McClellan?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)