|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of Chapter 10?
(a) June 1865.
(b) June 1875.
(c) June 1918.
(d) June 1867.
2. Charley basically acts like ___________________.
(a) a madman.
(b) he is king of the world.
(c) he is defeated.
(d) there is no tomorrow.
3. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
4. About what does Charley think at the end of the novel?
(a) The nice things that happened at the beginning of the war.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
5. What does Charley touch at the river?
(d) A revolver.
6. How old is Charley in Chapter 10?
7. What is the morale of the men as they wait in camp?
8. What is the state of Charley's health?
(a) He is disabled.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He has lost an arm.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
9. From whom were the men required to buy their whiskey?
(a) Home breweries
(c) Local bars
(d) Army supplies
10. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
(a) in a trance.
11. What order do Charley and his comrades receive?
(c) Counter attack.
12. What have become symbols of death for Charley?
(d) Pine trees
13. At least one-half of the men from _________________ die from some form of contagious disease.
(c) New York
14. What does Charley come down with after eating too much unripe fruit?
15. Which of the following does Charley not think when he looks at the item carried by the Confederate soldier?
(a) It is polished.
(b) It is clean.
(c) It is deadly.
(d) It is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charley go to the river?
2. What do the soldiers build when they return to camp in Washington?
3. What is scarce or nonexistent in the camp?
4. What are the enlisted men eventually allowed to have for medicinal purposes?
5. Which of the following does Charley not see on the farms surrounding Washington?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)