|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what direction does the Rebel army begin to march?
(a) Toward Charley's position.
2. How much money does Charley keep for himself?
3. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
4. How long do the soldiers remain in camp when they return to Washington?
(a) 3 weeks
(b) 3 days
(c) 3 months
(d) 3 years
5. Which of the following do Charley and the other men not take from the surrounding farms?
6. Which of the following should Charley not be doing at this point in his life?
(a) Hobbling around.
(c) Having children.
(d) Getting married.
7. Charley has a ____________ that was carried by a Confederate officer.
8. How many dead bodies does Charley see piled up near the medical tent?
(a) Over 500
(b) Over 200
(c) Over 1000
(d) Over 50
9. Which of the following does not describe Charley at this point in time?
(a) No interest in anything.
10. What is the state of the war?
(a) It is still raging.
(b) It is in a truce.
(c) The Union has won.
(d) The Confederates have won.
11. At least one-half of the men from _________________ die from some form of contagious disease.
(c) New York
12. What season is approaching as the soldiers return to Washington?
13. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
14. How does Charley feel about the dying enemy soldiers?
15. What animals do Charley and the men slaughter for meat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charley go to the river?
2. Where is Charley standing at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. How old is Charley in Chapter 10?
4. Which of the following does Charley not think when he looks at the item carried by the Confederate soldier?
5. The men are issued uniforms of heavy blue wool and ___________________.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)