|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Charley go to the river?
(a) To fish.
(b) To meditate.
(c) To wash his clothes.
(d) For a picnic.
2. How much is Charley's first paycheck?
3. Charley has a ____________ that was carried by a Confederate officer.
4. Where do the men set up camp in Chapter 6?
5. What does Charley feel his fate is?
(a) He will be dishonorably discharged
(b) He will be a war hero
(c) He will desert soon
(d) He will die in battle
6. What does Charley come down with after eating too much unripe fruit?
7. A portion of the ____________ in Charley's regiment is destroyed.
8. As Charley waits for medical attention, he sees a large stack of __________________.
(c) amputated arms and legs
9. What happens when Charley gets a pass to see the sights?
(a) It rains and he returns to camp early
(b) He gets drunk
(c) He goes to a whorehouse
(d) He gets arrested
10. What weapon are the men told to use in the heat of battle?
11. What is the activity of the Union army at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(b) Preparing for battle.
(d) In battle.
12. Charley feels he is old, not in age but in _______________.
13. How long do the soldiers remain in camp when they return to Washington?
(a) 3 months
(b) 3 weeks
(c) 3 years
(d) 3 days
14. Which of the following does Charley not think when he looks at the item carried by the Confederate soldier?
(a) It is clean.
(b) It is deadly.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is polished.
15. What is the nickname for the Southern secessionists?
(a) Dirty seches
(b) Dirty shitheads
(c) Dirty bastards
(d) Dirty Rebs
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom were the men required to buy their whiskey?
2. What is the state of Charley's health?
3. What protection will Charley have in front of him in the upcoming battle?
4. What animals do Charley and the men slaughter for meat?
5. Which of the following does Charley not say in a letter to his mother?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)