|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls to Charley when he is on guard duty one night?
(a) His mother
(b) President Lincoln
(c) A Rebel soldier
(d) General McClellan
2. What state is Charley in during the battle?
3. Who helps to provide some food for the soldiers?
(a) Church groups
(b) Officers' wives
(c) Local women
4. What does Charley carry with him to the river?
(c) Lunch sack.
(d) Fishing pole.
5. What alcohol is Charley given by the doctor?
6. How does Charley feel about the dying enemy soldiers?
7. Charley has a ____________ that was carried by a Confederate officer.
8. What does Charley do with the gun?
(a) Throws it in the river.
(b) Puts it down.
(c) Takes it apart.
(d) Buries it.
9. What order do Charley and his comrades receive?
(c) Counter attack.
10. What happens when Charley gets a pass to see the sights?
(a) It rains and he returns to camp early
(b) He goes to a whorehouse
(c) He gets drunk
(d) He gets arrested
11. What does Charley come down with after eating too much unripe fruit?
12. For every one man who has died in battle, __________ men have died of dysentery.
13. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
(a) in a trance.
14. What is the date of Chapter 10?
(a) June 1865.
(b) June 1867.
(c) June 1875.
(d) June 1918.
15. Which of the following animals is Charley not accustomed to slaughtering?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Charley find himself in Chapter 9?
2. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
3. What weapon are the men told to use in the heat of battle?
4. How old is Charley in Chapter 10?
5. Who is the new recruit who talks as if he knows what is going to happen in the battle?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)