|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do while waiting for the next battle?
(a) Drill and wait
(b) Visit whorehouses
(c) Visit hospitals
(d) Volunteer at the Red Cross
2. A portion of the ____________ in Charley's regiment is destroyed.
3. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
4. What happens when Charley gets a pass to see the sights?
(a) He goes to a whorehouse
(b) He gets drunk
(c) It rains and he returns to camp early
(d) He gets arrested
5. What is the state of the war?
(a) It is in a truce.
(b) It is still raging.
(c) The Confederates have won.
(d) The Union has won.
6. About what does Charley think at the end of the novel?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) The nice things that happened at the beginning of the war.
7. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
8. Which of the following does not describe Charley at this point in time?
(a) No interest in anything.
9. What happens to men who are caught deserting?
(a) They are shot
(b) They have to dig latrines
(c) They are given hard labor
(d) They are sent home
10. What state is Charley in during the battle?
11. What is the state of Charley's health?
(a) He has lost an arm.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He is disabled.
12. What soon begins to pelt at Charley?
(b) Artillery shells.
13. Which of the following is not true about Charley's health?
(a) He gets sick if he lies down.
(b) He cannot bend his knees.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He passes blood constantly.
14. What is the morale of the men as they wait in camp?
15. What is the extent of Charley's wound?
(a) He is not wounded.
(b) His leg has been grazed.
(c) He has a head wound.
(d) He loses an arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom were the men required to buy their whiskey?
2. Who helps to provide some food for the soldiers?
3. The men are issued uniforms of heavy blue wool and ___________________.
4. In what direction does the Rebel army begin to march?
5. How long do the soldiers remain in camp when they return to Washington?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)