|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charley feel about the dying enemy soldiers?
2. What is the nickname for the Southern secessionists?
(a) Dirty seches
(b) Dirty shitheads
(c) Dirty bastards
(d) Dirty Rebs
3. What occupies Charley's thoughts now?
(a) Pretty girls.
(b) The farm.
(c) His mother.
(d) The war.
4. Which of the following does Charley not see on the farms surrounding Washington?
5. What soon faces Charley and his comrades?
(a) Rebel cavalry
(b) Rebel officers
(c) Rebel artillery
(d) Rebel foot soldiers
6. The men are issued uniforms of heavy blue wool and ___________________.
(a) a black leather belt
(b) a red hat
(c) a red shirt
(d) a red bandana
7. What season is approaching as the soldiers return to Washington?
8. How much money does Charley keep for himself?
9. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
10. What does Charley do with the gun?
(a) Puts it down.
(b) Throws it in the river.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Takes it apart.
11. Who calls to Charley when he is on guard duty one night?
(a) A Rebel soldier
(b) President Lincoln
(c) General McClellan
(d) His mother
12. What do the soldiers build when they return to camp in Washington?
(a) Train station
(c) Veterans homes
(d) Log shelters
13. Why does Charley go to the river?
(a) To wash his clothes.
(b) To fish.
(c) For a picnic.
(d) To meditate.
14. What state is Charley in during the battle?
15. What is the state of Charley's health?
(a) He is disabled.
(b) He has lost an arm.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the soldiers remain in camp when they return to Washington?
2. Who is the new commander assigned to Charley's company?
3. How many dead bodies does Charley see piled up near the medical tent?
4. How old is Charley in Chapter 10?
5. Which of the following does Charley not hear bullets hitting?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)