|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is rumored about McClellan?
(a) He is afraid to fight
(b) He is having an affair
(c) He is a deserter
(d) He is gay
2. What does Charley realize as the men get closer to the city?
(a) There are many guns
(b) He is going to desert
(c) He is going to die
(d) The South is going to win the war
3. What is the state of Charley's health?
(a) He has lost an arm.
(b) He is disabled.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
4. What weapons do the men use at this point of the battle?
5. What is scarce or nonexistent in the camp?
6. What do the soldiers build when they return to camp in Washington?
(a) Train station
(b) Veterans homes
(c) Log shelters
7. Which of the following does Charley not think when he looks at the item carried by the Confederate soldier?
(a) It is deadly.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is clean.
(d) It is polished.
8. What is the date of Chapter 10?
(a) June 1867.
(b) June 1918.
(c) June 1865.
(d) June 1875.
9. How much is Charley's first paycheck?
10. What type of combat ensues?
11. Officers are the only ones allowed to have _______________.
(c) weekend passes
12. Charley has a ____________ that was carried by a Confederate officer.
13. What does Charley contemplate as he sits on the riverbank?
(b) His mother.
(c) Pretty girls.
14. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
(d) in a trance.
15. Who is the new recruit who talks as if he knows what is going to happen in the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley buy to eat?
2. How old is Charley in Chapter 10?
3. Which of the following does Charley not say in a letter to his mother?
4. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
5. What occupies Charley's thoughts now?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)