|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname for the Southern secessionists?
(a) Dirty Rebs
(b) Dirty seches
(c) Dirty shitheads
(d) Dirty bastards
2. What protection will Charley have in front of him in the upcoming battle?
(a) More Union regiments.
(c) Fences and rock walls.
3. Charley's company has 600 men while the Rebels have ___________ men.
4. What is the state of the war?
(a) The Union has won.
(b) It is in a truce.
(c) The Confederates have won.
(d) It is still raging.
5. What is the morale of the men as they wait in camp?
6. Why does Charley go to the river?
(a) To fish.
(b) To meditate.
(c) To wash his clothes.
(d) For a picnic.
7. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
8. What happens to men who are caught deserting?
(a) They are sent home
(b) They are shot
(c) They have to dig latrines
(d) They are given hard labor
9. About what does Charley think at the end of the novel?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) The nice things that happened at the beginning of the war.
10. What is scarce or nonexistent in the camp?
11. What are the enlisted men eventually allowed to have for medicinal purposes?
12. Who calls to Charley when he is on guard duty one night?
(a) General McClellan
(b) President Lincoln
(c) His mother
(d) A Rebel soldier
13. What animals do Charley and the men slaughter for meat?
14. Which of the following animals is Charley not accustomed to slaughtering?
15. What does the person in #125 want?
(a) To sell some marijuana
(b) To trade coffee for tobacco
(c) To buy some military secrets
(d) To trade tobacco for coffee
Short Answer Questions
1. The men begin their march south toward the city of ________________.
2. Which of the following do Charley and the other men not take from the surrounding farms?
3. What does Charley come down with after eating too much unripe fruit?
4. What are Charley and a few other men ordered to do?
5. Rumor has it that which entire regiment has deserted the army?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)