|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charley realize as the men get closer to the city?
(a) There are many guns
(b) He is going to die
(c) The South is going to win the war
(d) He is going to desert
2. What order do Charley and his comrades receive?
(a) Counter attack.
3. What gives the men from Minnesota an advantage in keeping themselves healthy?
(a) They know about living in the country
(b) They go to sleep early
(c) They get food from home
(d) They take vitamins
4. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
5. Which of the following does Charley not think when he looks at the item carried by the Confederate soldier?
(a) It is deadly.
(b) It is beautiful.
(c) It is clean.
(d) It is polished.
6. Rumor has it that which entire regiment has deserted the army?
(c) New York
7. What does Charley contemplate as he sits on the riverbank?
(a) Pretty girls.
(d) His mother.
8. The men begin their march south toward the city of ________________.
9. Where is Charley standing at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Top of a meadow.
(b) Top of a mountain.
(c) In a stream.
(d) Top of a hill.
10. What is rumored about McClellan?
(a) He is a deserter
(b) He is gay
(c) He is having an affair
(d) He is afraid to fight
11. What have become symbols of death for Charley?
(d) Pine trees
12. Which of the following does Charley not hear bullets hitting?
13. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
(b) in a trance.
14. What is the extent of Charley's wound?
(a) His leg has been grazed.
(b) He is not wounded.
(c) He has a head wound.
(d) He loses an arm.
15. Who is the new recruit who talks as if he knows what is going to happen in the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. Charley has a ____________ that was carried by a Confederate officer.
2. Which of the following is not true about Charley's health?
3. Which of the following animals is Charley not accustomed to slaughtering?
4. In what town does Charley find himself in Chapter 9?
5. What season is approaching as the soldiers return to Washington?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)