|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What alcohol is Charley given by the doctor?
2. What is the nickname for the Southern secessionists?
(a) Dirty Rebs
(b) Dirty bastards
(c) Dirty shitheads
(d) Dirty seches
3. What does Charley feel his fate is?
(a) He will be dishonorably discharged
(b) He will be a war hero
(c) He will die in battle
(d) He will desert soon
4. How long do the soldiers remain in camp when they return to Washington?
(a) 3 years
(b) 3 days
(c) 3 weeks
(d) 3 months
5. What happens when Charley gets a pass to see the sights?
(a) He goes to a whorehouse
(b) He gets arrested
(c) It rains and he returns to camp early
(d) He gets drunk
6. What order do Charley and his comrades receive?
(a) Counter attack.
7. Charley's company has 600 men while the Rebels have ___________ men.
8. What happens to men who are caught deserting?
(a) They have to dig latrines
(b) They are sent home
(c) They are given hard labor
(d) They are shot
9. Which of the following does Charley not say in a letter to his mother?
(a) He cannot come home
(b) He had been in a battle
(c) He is coming home soon
(d) He was scared
10. For every one man who has died in battle, __________ men have died of dysentery.
11. What does Charley realize as the men get closer to the city?
(a) The South is going to win the war
(b) He is going to desert
(c) There are many guns
(d) He is going to die
12. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
(c) in a trance.
13. What is the extent of Charley's wound?
(a) He has a head wound.
(b) He is not wounded.
(c) He loses an arm.
(d) His leg has been grazed.
14. Which of the following is not true about Charley's health?
(a) He passes blood constantly.
(b) He cannot bend his knees.
(c) He has tuberculosis.
(d) He gets sick if he lies down.
15. What are Charley and a few other men ordered to do?
(a) Clean rifles
(b) Pitch more tents
(c) Scout for the enemy
(d) Provide beef for the men
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the new commander assigned to Charley's company?
2. Which of the following does Charley not hear bullets hitting?
3. About what does Charley think at the end of the novel?
4. Charley feels he is old, not in age but in _______________.
5. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)