|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
2. Charley basically acts like ___________________.
(a) he is king of the world.
(b) he is defeated.
(c) a madman.
(d) there is no tomorrow.
3. What animals do Charley and the men slaughter for meat?
4. What type of combat ensues?
5. What occupies Charley's thoughts now?
(a) Pretty girls.
(b) The farm.
(c) His mother.
(d) The war.
6. What is the state of Charley's health?
(a) He is disabled.
(b) He has lost an arm.
(c) He has cancer.
(d) He is blind in one eye.
7. What weapons do the men use at this point of the battle?
8. In what town does Charley find himself in Chapter 9?
9. Where is Charley standing at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) In a stream.
(b) Top of a mountain.
(c) Top of a hill.
(d) Top of a meadow.
10. Where do the men set up camp in Chapter 6?
11. What is rumored about McClellan?
(a) He is having an affair
(b) He is gay
(c) He is afraid to fight
(d) He is a deserter
12. Which of the following does Charley not think when he looks at the item carried by the Confederate soldier?
(a) It is polished.
(b) It is clean.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is deadly.
13. Which of the following animals is Charley not accustomed to slaughtering?
14. What soon begins to pelt at Charley?
(b) Artillery shells.
15. What is the morale of the men as they wait in camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers build when they return to camp in Washington?
2. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
3. What does Charley use to build a windbreak for the surgeon?
4. What protection will Charley have behind him in the upcoming battle?
5. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)