|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is scarce or nonexistent in the camp?
2. What is the nickname for the Southern secessionists?
(a) Dirty shitheads
(b) Dirty Rebs
(c) Dirty seches
(d) Dirty bastards
3. What does Charley use to build a windbreak for the surgeon?
(a) Dead horses.
(b) A wall of frozen, dead bodies.
(c) Old barn planks.
4. How much money does Charley keep for himself?
5. Which of the following do Charley and the other men not take from the surrounding farms?
6. What happens to men who are caught deserting?
(a) They are shot
(b) They are sent home
(c) They are given hard labor
(d) They have to dig latrines
7. What state is Charley in during the battle?
8. In what town does Charley find himself in Chapter 9?
9. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
(c) in a trance.
10. Which of the following of Charley's items is not grazed by bullets?
11. Who is the new commander assigned to Charley's company?
12. About what does Charley think at the end of the novel?
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) The nice things that happened at the beginning of the war.
13. What do the men do while waiting for the next battle?
(a) Drill and wait
(b) Visit hospitals
(c) Volunteer at the Red Cross
(d) Visit whorehouses
14. The men are issued uniforms of heavy blue wool and ___________________.
(a) a red hat
(b) a red shirt
(c) a red bandana
(d) a black leather belt
15. What is the activity of the Union army at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(c) In battle.
(d) Preparing for battle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charley feel about the dying enemy soldiers?
2. What does Charley come down with after eating too much unripe fruit?
3. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
4. Who is the new recruit who talks as if he knows what is going to happen in the battle?
5. Charley is not old in years but in _____________________.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)