|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Charley in Chapter 10?
2. Where do the men set up camp in Chapter 6?
3. What is the nickname for the Southern secessionists?
(a) Dirty Rebs
(b) Dirty shitheads
(c) Dirty bastards
(d) Dirty seches
4. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
5. Charley watches as the enemy falls and ________ by the thousands.
6. What happens to men who are caught deserting?
(a) They are sent home
(b) They are given hard labor
(c) They are shot
(d) They have to dig latrines
7. Which of the following does Charley not say in a letter to his mother?
(a) He had been in a battle
(b) He was scared
(c) He is coming home soon
(d) He cannot come home
8. What protection will Charley have in front of him in the upcoming battle?
(a) More Union regiments.
(d) Fences and rock walls.
9. What does Charley use to build a windbreak for the surgeon?
(a) Dead horses.
(b) Old barn planks.
(d) A wall of frozen, dead bodies.
10. What protection will Charley have behind him in the upcoming battle?
(c) More Union regiments.
11. What does Charley contemplate as he sits on the riverbank?
(a) His mother.
(b) Pretty girls.
12. What is the date of Chapter 10?
(a) June 1918.
(b) June 1875.
(c) June 1867.
(d) June 1865.
13. The soldiers learn that Lincoln wants __________________________.
(a) a fight with the Rebels soon
(b) to give black people the right to vote
(c) to surrender
(d) to give poor people food stamps
14. What are Charley and a few other men ordered to do?
(a) Provide beef for the men
(b) Clean rifles
(c) Scout for the enemy
(d) Pitch more tents
15. Charley is not old in years but in _____________________.
(b) past lives.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Charley feel about the dying enemy soldiers?
2. What animals do Charley and the men slaughter for meat?
3. What weapon are the men told to use in the heat of battle?
4. What is the extent of Charley's wound?
5. What does Charley do with the gun?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)