|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charley do with the gun?
(a) Puts it down.
(b) Throws it in the river.
(c) Buries it.
(d) Takes it apart.
2. The men are issued uniforms of heavy blue wool and ___________________.
(a) a black leather belt
(b) a red hat
(c) a red shirt
(d) a red bandana
3. What soon faces Charley and his comrades?
(a) Rebel foot soldiers
(b) Rebel artillery
(c) Rebel officers
(d) Rebel cavalry
4. What does Charley carry with him to the river?
(a) Fishing pole.
(b) Lunch sack.
5. Charley cannot bring himself to shoot at the ______________.
(c) old men
(d) young boys
6. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
7. What is the state of Charley's health?
(a) He is disabled.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He has lost an arm.
8. In what town does Charley find himself in Chapter 9?
9. What are the enlisted men eventually allowed to have for medicinal purposes?
10. Charley's company has 600 men while the Rebels have ___________ men.
11. Which of the following do Charley and the other men not take from the surrounding farms?
12. What is the nickname for the Southern secessionists?
(a) Dirty bastards
(b) Dirty Rebs
(c) Dirty seches
(d) Dirty shitheads
13. What does Charley feel his fate is?
(a) He will desert soon
(b) He will be a war hero
(c) He will be dishonorably discharged
(d) He will die in battle
14. How much is Charley's first paycheck?
15. Who calls to Charley when he is on guard duty one night?
(a) His mother
(b) A Rebel soldier
(c) General McClellan
(d) President Lincoln
Short Answer Questions
1. What order do Charley and his comrades receive?
2. What is the extent of Charley's wound?
3. What do the soldiers build when they return to camp in Washington?
4. What is the date of Chapter 10?
5. Where do the men set up camp in Chapter 6?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)