|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The soldiers create pathways in their camp and name them after ______________________.
(d) towns in Minnesota
2. What are the enlisted men eventually allowed to have for medicinal purposes?
3. Who calls to Charley when he is on guard duty one night?
(a) President Lincoln
(b) A Rebel soldier
(c) His mother
(d) General McClellan
4. What protection will Charley have behind him in the upcoming battle?
(a) More Union regiments.
5. Where do the men set up camp in Chapter 6?
6. Which of the following does Charley not say in a letter to his mother?
(a) He was scared
(b) He is coming home soon
(c) He had been in a battle
(d) He cannot come home
7. Charley wonders if the Rebel soldiers are brave or ____________.
(c) in a trance.
8. What are Charley and a few other men ordered to do?
(a) Scout for the enemy
(b) Provide beef for the men
(c) Pitch more tents
(d) Clean rifles
9. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
10. In what town does Charley find himself in Chapter 9?
11. What is the state of the war?
(a) It is in a truce.
(b) The Confederates have won.
(c) The Union has won.
(d) It is still raging.
12. Charley feels he is old, not in age but in _______________.
13. What does Charley use to build a windbreak for the surgeon?
(b) Dead horses.
(c) A wall of frozen, dead bodies.
(d) Old barn planks.
14. What does Charley feel his fate is?
(a) He will be a war hero
(b) He will desert soon
(c) He will die in battle
(d) He will be dishonorably discharged
15. For every one man who has died in battle, __________ men have died of dysentery.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men begin their march south toward the city of ________________.
2. Which of the following does not describe Charley at this point in time?
3. What does Charley realize as the men get closer to the city?
4. What does Charley come down with after eating too much unripe fruit?
5. What is the activity of the Union army at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)