|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Charley in during the battle?
2. The men begin their march south toward the city of ________________.
3. What is the date of Chapter 10?
(a) June 1867.
(b) June 1918.
(c) June 1875.
(d) June 1865.
4. What soon faces Charley and his comrades?
(a) Rebel foot soldiers
(b) Rebel cavalry
(c) Rebel artillery
(d) Rebel officers
5. From whom were the men required to buy their whiskey?
(a) Local bars
(b) Home breweries
(c) Army supplies
6. What type of combat ensues?
7. Charley's company has 600 men while the Rebels have ___________ men.
8. Who helps to provide some food for the soldiers?
(a) Officers' wives
(b) Church groups
(c) Local women
9. What do the soldiers build when they return to camp in Washington?
(a) Log shelters
(b) Train station
(d) Veterans homes
10. How long do the soldiers remain in camp when they return to Washington?
(a) 3 weeks
(b) 3 months
(c) 3 years
(d) 3 days
11. What season is approaching as the soldiers return to Washington?
12. What does Charley feel his fate is?
(a) He will be dishonorably discharged
(b) He will be a war hero
(c) He will desert soon
(d) He will die in battle
13. Which of the following does not describe Charley's demeanor in battle?
14. What have become symbols of death for Charley?
(a) Pine trees
15. What happens when Charley gets a pass to see the sights?
(a) It rains and he returns to camp early
(b) He gets arrested
(c) He gets drunk
(d) He goes to a whorehouse
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the men set up camp in Chapter 6?
2. Which of the following does Charley not hear bullets hitting?
3. What is the state of Charley's health?
4. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
5. Which of the following does not describe Charley at this point in time?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)