|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom were the men required to buy their whiskey?
(a) Home breweries
(b) Army supplies
(d) Local bars
2. What alcohol is Charley given by the doctor?
3. What does Charley realize as the men get closer to the city?
(a) He is going to die
(b) The South is going to win the war
(c) There are many guns
(d) He is going to desert
4. What soon begins to pelt at Charley?
(d) Artillery shells.
5. What does Charley carry with him to the river?
(b) Fishing pole.
(d) Lunch sack.
6. What is the activity of the Union army at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(c) In battle.
(d) Preparing for battle.
7. How much is Charley's first paycheck?
8. Charley cannot bring himself to shoot at the ______________.
(c) young boys
(d) old men
9. What animals do Charley and the men slaughter for meat?
10. What does the person in #125 want?
(a) To sell some marijuana
(b) To buy some military secrets
(c) To trade coffee for tobacco
(d) To trade tobacco for coffee
11. What occupies Charley's thoughts now?
(a) His mother.
(b) The war.
(c) Pretty girls.
(d) The farm.
12. Who calls to Charley when he is on guard duty one night?
(a) President Lincoln
(b) General McClellan
(c) His mother
(d) A Rebel soldier
13. What does Charley do with the gun?
(a) Buries it.
(b) Throws it in the river.
(c) Puts it down.
(d) Takes it apart.
14. How old is Charley in Chapter 10?
15. What is the nickname for the Southern secessionists?
(a) Dirty seches
(b) Dirty Rebs
(c) Dirty bastards
(d) Dirty shitheads
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do the soldiers remain in camp when they return to Washington?
2. What happens when Charley gets a pass to see the sights?
3. The soldiers learn that Lincoln wants __________________________.
4. What type of combat ensues?
5. Rumor has it that which entire regiment has deserted the army?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)