|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Charley find himself in Chapter 9?
2. What is scarce or nonexistent in the camp?
3. Charley watches as the enemy falls and ________ by the thousands.
4. The men begin their march south toward the city of ________________.
5. Charley cannot bring himself to shoot at the ______________.
(b) young boys
(c) old men
6. Where is Charley standing at the beginning of Chapter 9?
(a) Top of a meadow.
(b) Top of a hill.
(c) Top of a mountain.
(d) In a stream.
7. Which of the following of Charley's items is not grazed by bullets?
8. Rumor has it that which entire regiment has deserted the army?
(a) New York
9. What is the state of Charley's health?
(a) He has lost an arm.
(b) He has cancer.
(c) He is blind in one eye.
(d) He is disabled.
10. What does Charley use to build a windbreak for the surgeon?
(a) Old barn planks.
(b) Dead horses.
(d) A wall of frozen, dead bodies.
11. How much money does Charley keep for himself?
12. What weapon are the men told to use in the heat of battle?
13. At least one-half of the men from _________________ die from some form of contagious disease.
(a) New York
14. Which of the following does not describe Charley's demeanor in battle?
15. For every one man who has died in battle, __________ men have died of dysentery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupies Charley's thoughts now?
2. What protection will Charley have in front of him in the upcoming battle?
3. As Charley waits for medical attention, he sees a large stack of __________________.
4. How long do the soldiers remain in camp when they return to Washington?
5. Which of the following does Charley not see on the farms surrounding Washington?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)