|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What protection will Charley have in front of him in the upcoming battle?
(a) Fences and rock walls.
(b) More Union regiments.
2. Charley thinks he has a wound in his ________________.
3. What is the extent of Charley's wound?
(a) His leg has been grazed.
(b) He is not wounded.
(c) He has a head wound.
(d) He loses an arm.
4. What do the soldiers build when they return to camp in Washington?
(b) Train station
(c) Veterans homes
(d) Log shelters
5. Which of the following does Charley not hear bullets hitting?
6. How old is Charley in Chapter 10?
7. In what direction does the Rebel army begin to march?
(c) Toward Charley's position.
8. The soldiers create pathways in their camp and name them after ______________________.
(a) towns in Minnesota
9. What does Charley buy to eat?
(b) Roast beef sandwiches
(c) Two apple pies
(d) A dozen sweet rolls
10. Where do the men set up camp in Chapter 6?
11. Which of the following animals is Charley not accustomed to slaughtering?
12. A portion of the ____________ in Charley's regiment is destroyed.
13. In what town does Charley find himself in Chapter 9?
14. What is rumored about McClellan?
(a) He is afraid to fight
(b) He is gay
(c) He is having an affair
(d) He is a deserter
15. What state is Charley in during the battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much is Charley's first paycheck?
2. What do the men do while waiting for the next battle?
3. What soon begins to pelt at Charley?
4. Charley is not old in years but in _____________________.
5. What alcohol is Charley given by the doctor?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)