|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Charley not see on the farms surrounding Washington?
2. Who is the new commander assigned to Charley's company?
3. For every one man who has died in battle, __________ men have died of dysentery.
4. What does Charley contemplate as he sits on the riverbank?
(b) His mother.
(c) Pretty girls.
5. What is rumored about McClellan?
(a) He is gay
(b) He is having an affair
(c) He is a deserter
(d) He is afraid to fight
6. What does Charley realize as the men get closer to the city?
(a) He is going to desert
(b) There are many guns
(c) The South is going to win the war
(d) He is going to die
7. The men are issued uniforms of heavy blue wool and ___________________.
(a) a black leather belt
(b) a red bandana
(c) a red shirt
(d) a red hat
8. Which of the following does Charley not think when he looks at the item carried by the Confederate soldier?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It is deadly.
(c) It is polished.
(d) It is clean.
9. As Charley waits for medical attention, he sees a large stack of __________________.
(c) amputated arms and legs
10. What gives the men from Minnesota an advantage in keeping themselves healthy?
(a) They go to sleep early
(b) They get food from home
(c) They know about living in the country
(d) They take vitamins
11. What is scarce or nonexistent in the camp?
12. In what town does Charley find himself in Chapter 9?
13. Who is the new recruit who talks as if he knows what is going to happen in the battle?
14. Charley watches as the enemy falls and ________ by the thousands.
15. Officers are the only ones allowed to have _______________.
(d) weekend passes
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following of Charley's items is not grazed by bullets?
2. What do the soldiers build when they return to camp in Washington?
3. Where is Charley in Chapter 10?
4. What do the men do while waiting for the next battle?
5. How does Charley feel about the dying enemy soldiers?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)