|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Charley's demeanor during the battle?
2. What protects Charley from an onslaught of bullets?
(a) A shack
(b) Tree stumps
(c) Dead bodies
3. What did local families do the previous day?
(a) Helped the wounded men
(b) Supplied fresh horses
(c) Buried the dead soldiers
(d) Had picnics and watched the battle
4. How does Charley feel about the food in camp?
(a) It is tolerable
(b) It is pretty good
(c) It is horrible
(d) It is the best he's ever had
5. Charley is asked to hit a target at _____________ yards.
6. When do Charley and his mother think the war will be over?
(a) By summer
(b) By autumn
(c) By winter
(d) By spring
7. What does Charley note about the farmers they pass in the fields?
(a) They do not wave back
(b) They wear rags and live in shacks
(c) They don't have any farm tools
(d) They are nearly naked
8. Which of the following does not fit with Charley's description of the train?
(a) Gourmet food
(c) Leather seats
(d) Fancy appointments
9. What does Charley feel like on the train?
10. Which of the following did the Rebs not leave behind?
(b) Cook pots
11. What is the name of Charley's brother?
12. Where does Charley see his first black people?
(d) South Carolina
13. What color is Charley's new flannel shirt?
14. What are Charley's rations that night?
(a) Dried bread and berries
(b) Cheese and berries
(c) Dried bread and raw salt pork
(d) Bacon and coffee
15. Charley thinks the train ride is ______________________.
(a) the best time he's ever had
(b) a great way to start a war
(c) a waste of time
(d) an appointment with destiny
Short Answer Questions
1. What blurs Charley's vision?
2. Who is the lieutenant who gives Charley instructions?
3. What is Charley's view of the Union cause?
4. What does Charley do when he finds protection?
5. Charley does not want to be stuck like a drummer boy or _______________.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)