|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Toward Manassas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What concerns Charley about his comrades' behavior?
(a) They don't read the Bible
(b) Foul language and immoral thinking
(c) Petty thefts
(d) They don't write letters to their mothers
2. What does Charely observe more and more of his comrades doing?
(a) Using foul language
(b) Going to whorehouses
(c) Stealing guns
(d) Stealing food
3. Charley and his company board a boat bound for ______________.
(b) St. Paul
(d) Eau Claire
4. How does Charley convince his mother to allow him to join the army?
(a) It is the patriotic thing to do
(b) His father would have wanted him to
(c) There is no real danger
(d) He owes it to Minnesota
5. What happens on June 22, 1861?
(a) The war is over
(b) Charley goes AWOL
(c) Charley is shot
(d) Charley's unit is ordered to march to the river
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charley's brother?
2. What comforts does Charley especially appreciate on the train?
3. What does Charley feel like on the train?
4. Charley does not want to be stuck like a drummer boy or _______________.
5. How old is Charley, the main character in the story?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)