|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Toward Manassas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date when the novel begins?
(a) June, 1861
(b) June, 1916
(c) June, 1951
(d) June, 1965
2. Charley does not want to be stuck like a drummer boy or _______________.
(a) flag bearer
3. When do Charley and his mother think the war will be over?
(a) By summer
(b) By autumn
(c) By spring
(d) By winter
4. For Charley at this point, the war is about ___________________.
(a) preservation of the Union
(d) right and wrong
5. Which of the following is not part of the uniform Charley is issued?
(a) Black pants
(b) Gray socks
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley notice about the black people he sees?
2. How does Charley feel about the food in camp?
3. Where does Charley's company board a train?
4. What concerns Charley about his comrades' behavior?
5. The rifles are inaccurate and can seldom hit a target at ______________ yards.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)