|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Toward Manassas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charely observe more and more of his comrades doing?
(a) Stealing food
(b) Using foul language
(c) Going to whorehouses
(d) Stealing guns
2. Which of the following is not part of the uniform Charley is issued?
(b) Gray socks
(c) Black pants
3. How does Charley convince his mother to allow him to join the army?
(a) He owes it to Minnesota
(b) There is no real danger
(c) It is the patriotic thing to do
(d) His father would have wanted him to
4. What is the name of the town where Charley lives?
5. What happens on June 22, 1861?
(a) Charley goes AWOL
(b) Charley is shot
(c) The war is over
(d) Charley's unit is ordered to march to the river
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley call his mother?
2. The war no longer seems ___________ to Charley and the other soldiers.
3. Charley learns how to march and __________________.
4. What concerns Charley about his comrades' behavior?
5. Which of the following is not an appeal for Charley?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)