|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Toward Manassas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Charley, the main character in the story?
2. What prevents Charley from enlisting in the army?
(a) He is too small
(b) He cannot get his mother's permission
(c) He is flat-footed
(d) He is too young
3. What does Charley call his mother?
4. Where does Charley's company board a train?
(a) Chicago, Illinois
(b) Minneapolis, Minnesota
(c) Peoria, Illinois
(d) La Crosse, Wisconsin
5. How does Charley convince his mother to allow him to join the army?
(a) He owes it to Minnesota
(b) There is no real danger
(c) It is the patriotic thing to do
(d) His father would have wanted him to
Short Answer Questions
1. Charley wonders if the slaves ____________________ when the North wins the war.
2. What does Charley notice about the black people he sees?
3. Who does Charley figure the person in #48 is?
4. Which of the following does not fit with Charley's description of the train?
5. Charley learns how to march and __________________.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)