|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Fort Snelling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Charley's mother advises him to _____________ before he gets shot.
(b) practice more
(c) run to the rear
(d) walk on home
2. How much would Charley earn as a soldier?
(a) $10 week
(b) $11 a month
(c) $300 week
(d) $1500 month
3. Charley is asked to hit a target at _____________ yards.
4. What happens on June 22, 1861?
(a) Charley is shot
(b) The war is over
(c) Charley goes AWOL
(d) Charley's unit is ordered to march to the river
5. How many times a week does Charley's mother write to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Charley learns how to march and __________________.
2. Which of the following items does Charley's mother not pack for him to take with him?
3. What is the date when the novel begins?
4. The war no longer seems ___________ to Charley and the other soldiers.
5. How does Charley feel about the food in camp?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)