|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, Farming.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens on June 22, 1861?
(a) Charley's unit is ordered to march to the river
(b) Charley goes AWOL
(c) The war is over
(d) Charley is shot
2. What happens to the person Charley decides to follow?
(a) He is beheaded by a bayonet
(b) He is captured
(c) He is blown up by a cannon blast
(d) He is shot in the back and falls dead
3. What is Charley's opinion of the other soldiers?
(a) He does not like them
(b) He is warming up to them
(c) He is afraid of them
(d) He thinks it is too early to tell
4. What does Charley not note about the dead soldiers?
(a) They are smiling
(b) They are beginning to bloat
(c) They lie at strange angles
(d) They are covered with flies
5. Charley's mother advises him to _____________ before he gets shot.
(a) walk on home
(b) practice more
(c) run to the rear
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charley notice about the black people he sees?
2. What does Charley think he sees over the battlefield?
3. What happens to the man next to Charley?
4. When is Charley awakened?
5. What does Charley feel his fate is?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)