|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Winter.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the extent of Charley's wound?
(a) He has a head wound.
(b) His leg has been grazed.
(c) He loses an arm.
(d) He is not wounded.
2. What did local families do the previous day?
(a) Helped the wounded men
(b) Supplied fresh horses
(c) Had picnics and watched the battle
(d) Buried the dead soldiers
3. As Charley waits for medical attention, he sees a large stack of __________________.
(c) amputated arms and legs
4. When is Charley awakened?
(b) Just before dawn
(c) Mid afternoon
5. What do Charley and many other men do that embarrasses them?
(c) Sing lullabies
(d) Wet their pants
Short Answer Questions
1. Charley cannot bring himself to shoot at the ______________.
2. For Charley at this point, the war is about ___________________.
3. Which of the following is not something Charley desires if something bad should happen to him?
4. What comforts does Charley especially appreciate on the train?
5. What do the soldiers have to march over as they head out to the battlefield?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)