Chapter 1, June 1861
1. How old is Charley, the main character in the story?
2. In what state does Charley live?
3. What is Charley's last name?
4. In what war does Charley want to fight?
(a) Korean War
(b) Civil War
(c) Vietnam War
(d) World War I
5. What is the date when the novel begins?
(a) June, 1861
(b) June, 1951
(c) June, 1965
(d) June, 1916
6. What is the name of the town where Charley lives?
7. How much would Charley earn as a soldier?
(a) $1500 month
(b) $11 a month
(c) $300 week
(d) $10 week
8. What is the name of Charley's brother?
9. What prevents Charley from enlisting in the army?
(a) He is too young
(b) He is flat-footed
(c) He cannot get his mother's permission
(d) He is too small
10. Which of the following is not an appeal for Charley?
(a) Getting a musket
(b) Getting a uniform
(c) Marching in the heat
(d) Fighting like a man
This section contains 3,347 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)