1. How old is Charley, the main character in the story?
2. In what state does Charley live?
3. What is Charley's last name?
4. In what war does Charley want to fight?
(a) Vietnam War
(b) Civil War
(c) World War I
(d) Korean War
5. What is the date when the novel begins?
(a) June, 1951
(b) June, 1861
(c) June, 1916
(d) June, 1965
6. What is the name of the town where Charley lives?
7. How much would Charley earn as a soldier?
(a) $11 a month
(b) $300 week
(c) $10 week
(d) $1500 month
8. What is the name of Charley's brother?
9. What prevents Charley from enlisting in the army?
(a) He cannot get his mother's permission
(b) He is flat-footed
(c) He is too young
(d) He is too small
10. Which of the following is not an appeal for Charley?
(a) Fighting like a man
(b) Marching in the heat
(c) Getting a musket
(d) Getting a uniform
This section contains 3,347 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)