|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3, pp. 114-171.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of roof does Lakshmi's family have on their hut in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A shingled-roof.
(b) A thatch roof.
(c) A tin roof.
(d) A glass roof.
2. What color does Lakshmi describe the huts of her village in "Something Beautiful"?
3. What answer does Auntie give to the turnip-nosed man when he asks about Lakshmi in "Numbers"?
4. In what country does Lakshmi live with her mother and stepfather?
(c) Happiness House.
5. Where does the David Beckham boy keep his belongings?
(a) In a leather sack under his bed.
(b) In a tin trunk under his bed.
(c) In a locker at school.
(d) In a duffel bag in the corner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the bus smell like, according to Lakshmi in "On the Bus"?
2. What is the name of the girl that Lakshmi describes as "the aging bird girl" at Happiness House?
3. What does Auntie do to make Lakshmi keep walking ahead in "Moving Forward"?
4. Who brings Lakshmi rice when she is brought to live with the other girls in "What is Normal"?
5. What does the boy in the David Beckham t-shirt grab and run off with as the girls put on their makeup in "Meeting the David Beckham Boy"?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)