|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 52-113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of alcoholic beverage do the men of Lakshmi's village drink during the festivals?
(b) Palm wine.
(c) Plum wine.
(d) Rice beer.
2. What does the bus do when it encounters a cow sleeping in the middle of the road in "On the Bus"?
(a) It stops and waits.
(b) It goes around her.
(c) It honks.
(d) It runs over her.
3. What color does Lakshmi describe the huts of her village in "Something Beautiful"?
4. How does Lakshmi's mother denote the years of how old she and Lakshmi are in "Another Calendar"?
(a) By marks on her wedding trunk.
(b) By notches on her headboard.
(c) By a wall-calendar.
(d) By marks on her belt.
5. What does Auntie do to make Lakshmi keep walking ahead in "Moving Forward"?
(a) She kicks Lakshmi.
(b) She hits Lakshmi with a whip.
(c) She throws gravel at Lakshmi's heels.
(d) She pinches Lakshmi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lakshmi go for her period of confinement after her first menstruation?
2. How old does Lakshmi describe her mother as in "Another Calendar"?
3. What does Mumtaz do to coerce Lakshmi into being with men after beating her for three days?
4. For how long have Auntie and Lakshmi been walking in the beginning of "Questions and Answers"?
5. What does Lakshmi describe on the posters in "In This Room"?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)