|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 52-113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does the turnip-nosed man refer to Auntie as in "Uncle Husband"?
2. What kind of roof does Lakshmi's family have on their hut in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A tin roof.
(b) A glass roof.
(c) A thatch roof.
(d) A shingled-roof.
3. What color dress does the woman wear that purchases Lakshmi at Bajai Sita's store in "A Trade"?
4. How does Lakshmi's mother denote the years of how old she and Lakshmi are in "Another Calendar"?
(a) By marks on her wedding trunk.
(b) By marks on her belt.
(c) By a wall-calendar.
(d) By notches on her headboard.
5. How does Lakshmi describe Auntie's teeth in "Questions and Answers"?
(c) Sparkling white.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lakshmi's black-and-white speckled goat that follows her at home?
2. What item does Lakshmi describe Gita's father having purchased since Gita went to work as a maid in the city?
3. What name has Lakshmi given to "the ugly one" among her cucumbers in "Confession"?
4. What food does Mumtaz pass under Lakshmi's nose in "What I Don't Do"?
5. What does the bus do when it encounters a cow sleeping in the middle of the road in "On the Bus"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)