|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5, pp. 224 – 263.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "Namaste" mean?
(a) "Hello" and "goodbye."
2. What television show is the favorite of the girls at Happiness House?
(b) The Bold and the Beautiful.
(c) One Life to Live.
(d) Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
3. Who is the new girl that is punished by Mumtaz in "Punishment"?
4. What does Lakshmi describe brushing her teeth with in "The New Student"?
(a) A twig from a neem tree.
(b) A twig from a birch tree.
(c) A toothbrush.
(d) A twig from a willow tree.
5. How does Lakshmi describe the amount of money that the turnip-nosed man gives to Auntie in "Numbers"?
(a) "Nearly enough money to buy a Coca-Cola."
(b) "Nearly enough money to buy a water buffalo."
(c) "Nearly enough money to buy a car."
(d) "Nearly enough money to buy a tin roof."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Lakshmi that Monica is gone in "No Remedy"?
2. What item does Lakshmi describe Gita's mother having purchased after Gita went to work as a maid in the city?
3. Who warns Lakshmi to stay away from her regular customers in "A Warning"?
4. How old does Lakshmi describe her mother as in "Another Calendar"?
5. Who is the boy that Lakshmi says she is promised to marry in "Before Gita Left"?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)