|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 52-113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item has Gita's older sister gained since Gita went to work as a maid in the city?
(a) A notebook.
(b) A wedding dress.
(c) A deed to land.
(d) A mirror.
2. Where does Lakshmi go for her period of confinement after her first menstruation?
(a) The basement.
(b) The goat shed.
(c) The church.
(d) The attic.
3. What kind of alcoholic beverage do the men of Lakshmi's village drink during the festivals?
(a) Plum wine.
(b) Palm wine.
(c) Rice beer.
4. In "Seeing a Girl with a Long Black Braid," the narrator says, "There are a thousand girls in the city. But so far, none of them is" whom?
5. Who is "the elephant god, remover of obstacles"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Auntie do to make Lakshmi keep walking ahead in "Moving Forward"?
2. What kind of vendor calls out to sell his wares below Lakshmi's window in "What I Don't Do"?
3. What does Lakshmi describe all the houses having like the one in Gita's hut in "Train"?
4. What has been done to the woman that Uncle Husband says has been punished for running away from her husband in "Disgraced"?
5. What item does Lakshmi describe Gita's father having purchased since Gita went to work as a maid in the city?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)