|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 52-113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Lakshmi's cucumbers is shaped like a snake, according to the narrator in "Confession"?
2. Into what country does Lakshmi cross with Uncle Husband in the narrative?
3. What name has Lakshmi given to "the ugly one" among her cucumbers in "Confession"?
4. What color dress does the woman wear that purchases Lakshmi at Bajai Sita's store in "A Trade"?
5. What does Lakshmi describe rubbing for good luck in "Before Gita Left"?
(a) A rough patch in the clay of her hut.
(b) The notch in the school bench.
(c) Her friend's hair.
(d) A rabbit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lakshmi do in order to escape the old man who attempts to rape her after she's first arrived at Happiness House?
2. What color does Lakshmi describe the huts of her village in "Something Beautiful"?
3. What does Mumtaz do to coerce Lakshmi into being with men after beating her for three days?
4. What is the name of Lakshmi's black-and-white speckled goat that follows her at home?
5. What does the bus do when it encounters a cow sleeping in the middle of the road in "On the Bus"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)