|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pp. 52-113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Lakshmi describe her mother as in "Another Calendar"?
2. What does Lakshmi describe on the posters in "In This Room"?
(a) Monsters and ghosts.
(c) Mammals and birds.
(d) Gods and movie stars.
3. What kind of roof does Lakshmi's family have on their hut in the beginning of the novel?
(a) A thatch roof.
(b) A tin roof.
(c) A glass roof.
(d) A shingled-roof.
4. What name has Lakshmi given to the cucumber that she refers to as "the gnarled grandmother of the group" in "Confession"?
5. What disability does Lakshmi describe her stepfather having in "The Difference Between a Son and a Daughter"?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He has a lame leg.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He has a lame arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lakshmi go for her period of confinement after her first menstruation?
2. What does Lakshmi's stepfather carry as he walks with her to Bajai Sita's store in "A Trade"?
3. What kind of alcoholic beverage do the men of Lakshmi's village drink during the festivals?
4. What color does Lakshmi describe her mother's hair as in "Something Beautiful"?
5. Into what country does Lakshmi cross with Uncle Husband in the narrative?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)