|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Fe's death especially sad?
2. Why are residents of Tome being forced to move?
3. How old is Loca when people hear she is dying?
4. Which of the following does the narrator state is easier than being considered a saint?
5. Who jumps off the mesa with Esmeralda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters of Delaney and Candidó. How are their lives different? How are the characters the same?
Essay Topic 2
How was the sexual assault on Caridad foreshadowed in the earlier part of the book? Did you expect her to be attacked? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How does Castillo use irony in "So Far From God"? Are there certain situations or events that strike you as particularly ironic? Why would Castillo include this literary technique in her work?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)