|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in the house Caridad has been watching?
2. What does Casimiro tell Fe her breath begins to smell like?
3. Where does Francisco follow Caridad when she leaves her trailer?
4. Who does Sofi consult about Loca's illness?
5. Who jumps off the mesa with Esmeralda?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters' names are symbolic in this story. Choose two characters and describe what their names symbolize. Why would Castillo choose these particular names for the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Distinguish between tone and mood as used in literature, and then compare and contrast the tone and mood of Castillo's story.
Essay Topic 3
Identify the climax of this story and the series of events leading up to the climax. How did characters respond to the climax? What did Castillo include in her story to insure that the climax would be as powerful and meaningful as possible?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)