|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Doctor Tolentino remove from Loca's body?
2. Who tells Fe she is going to be subpoenaed?
3. What is Francisco determined to do to Caridad?
4. Where does Fe take a new job after working at the bank?
5. For whom is Fe's death the hardest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Characters' names are symbolic in this story. Choose two characters and describe what their names symbolize. Why would Castillo choose these particular names for the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Francisco appears in Castillo's story only briefly, yet serves a significant role. Describe Francisco's character, his impact on the story, and any irony Castillo uses in writing about Francisco.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the characters of Delaney and Candidó. How are their lives different? How are the characters the same?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)