Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fe take a new job after working at the bank?
2. What is La Loca represented by in the Sisters Tarot Deck?
3. Who pays for Fe's funeral Mass?
4. What does Casimiro tell Fe her breath begins to smell like?
5. Where do Felicia and Doctor Tolentino sometimes meet?
How do specific characters conform to expectations of those around them in Castillo's story? In what context does this occur? What is the author seeming to say about the impact conformation may have on relationships between people?
If you could choose one of Castillo's characters to be identified as the tragic hero/ine, who would it be and why? Do you think this particular character is more of a tragic hero than other characters? What is it about the character that helps him or her to be defined this way?
What is the overall theme of Castillo's novel? Is there more than one theme? How does Castillo use characters and events to communicate the theme to readers?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)