|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Francisco determined to do to Caridad?
2. What is Felicia afraid of when Loca becomes ill?
3. Who does Sofi consult about Loca's illness?
4. What elected position does Sofi decide to run for?
5. What does the doctor tell Sofi she must place her faith in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Castillo's story ultimately resolved? Do you think the plot was adequately resolved? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 2
How was the sexual assault on Caridad foreshadowed in the earlier part of the book? Did you expect her to be attacked? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Distinguish between tone and mood as used in literature, and then compare and contrast the tone and mood of Castillo's story.
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)