Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fe take a new job after working at the bank?
2. What is La Loca represented by in the Sisters Tarot Deck?
3. Who pays for Fe's funeral Mass?
4. What does Casimiro tell Fe her breath begins to smell like?
5. Where do Felicia and Doctor Tolentino sometimes meet?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the experience of Felicia in the novel from the point at which she is involved in the Mexican Civil War to the point she takes Caridad under her wing. What is it like for her to be living in the United States? How would her experiences have been different had she been an American citizen?
Essay Topic 2
Magical realism is an important aspect of Castillo's work. How is this technique used to tell the story of Sofi and her daughters? What does magical realism contribute to the effect of Castillo's work on readers? How does she incorporate it into the greater work?
Essay Topic 3
Characters' names are symbolic in this story. Choose two characters and describe what their names symbolize. Why would Castillo choose these particular names for the characters?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)