|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness is Fe diagnosed with at the hospital?
2. Why does Sofi take Loca to see the doctor?
3. Why does Francisco think that Caridad holds a grudge against him?
4. What is Loca's condition six weeks after Holy Week?
5. How old is Sofi when she decides to run for public office?
Essay Topic 1
How is Castillo's story ultimately resolved? Do you think the plot was adequately resolved? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 2
Kyra and América are two women in the same town, yet are very different in numerous ways. Compare and contrast the two female characters by using specific examples from Boyle's book.
Essay Topic 3
Which character in Castillo's book is most likable? Why? Which character do you like the least? What is it about that particular character that causes you to dislike him or her?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)