|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Felicia put aside in order to treat Loca?
2. How old is Loca when people hear she is dying?
3. How long is Sofi president of her organization?
4. How old is Sofi when she decides to run for public office?
5. Why doesn't La Loca venture out into society?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Castillo's story ultimately resolved? Do you think the plot was adequately resolved? In your opinion, what could have been added (or removed) to make it more meaningful?
Essay Topic 2
Magical realism is an important aspect of Castillo's work. How is this technique used to tell the story of Sofi and her daughters? What does magical realism contribute to the effect of Castillo's work on readers? How does she incorporate it into the greater work?
Essay Topic 3
Francisco appears in Castillo's story only briefly, yet serves a significant role. Describe Francisco's character, his impact on the story, and any irony Castillo uses in writing about Francisco.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)