|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Felicia and Caridad treat ailments?
(a) With prescription medicine.
(b) With herbs and massages.
(d) Dipping patients in the river.
2. How many daughters does Sofi have?
3. Whose brother works in "the Narc capital of the United States"?
(a) Don Domingo's.
(c) La Loca's.
4. Who tells Maria to "hit the deck"?
(a) An angel.
(b) La Loca.
5. Who knows about Caridad's attack?
(a) Felicia and La Loca.
(b) No one.
(d) Don Domingo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Esperanza's profession?
2. What does Felicia use to try to find Caridad?
3. Which of Sofi's possessions did Domingo sell?
4. When was the last time Felicia fired her gun?
5. How did Felicia's husband die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the interaction between Francisco and Esmeralda in Chapter 12.
2. As shown when La Loca is on her deathbed, what impact did her resurrection as a young child have on people living in her area?
3. Describe Caridad's encounter with the woman on the wall when she reaches Ojo Caliente.
4. How does the author build tension through Caridad's subplot?
5. How does the incident of the man in the pickup truck foreshadow events later in the novel?
6. What is Domingo's response to Sofi's successful cooperative?
7. Describe Francisco's infatuation with Caridad.
8. By the end of the novel, what has Sofi lost and gained?
9. What is the purpose of M.O.M.A.S.?
10. Describe the trances Caridad begins to experience in Chapter 2 and the specific things she foresees.
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)