|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Caridad found by Francisco El Penitente?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a city, married and pregnant.
(c) Swimming in the ocean.
(d) Living in a commune.
2. What illness is La Loca diagnosed with in the hospital in Albuquerque?
3. Where did Sofi and Domingo meet?
(a) At church.
(b) At a dance.
(c) At the drugstore.
(d) At a birthday party.
4. Who arranges to have the horse's body delivered to Sofi?
(a) La Loca.
(b) No one.
5. How much is the admission fee to Ojo Caliente?
(a) Ten dollars.
(b) Admission is free.
(c) Two hundred pesos.
(d) Fifty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Esperanza go to cover the war?
2. Who does Caridad fall in love with on Good Friday?
3. Which three places does La Loca say she has been?
4. How many scented baths does Caridad take every week?
5. Why is La Loca repulsed by humans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman on television describe hell, heaven, and purgatory?
2. What role does the Lady in Blue play in La Loca's final days?
3. Describe how Sofi and Domingo met.
4. What happens when Francisco finds Caridad alone in the cave?
5. Describe Francisco's infatuation with Caridad.
6. What is special about the irrigation ditch by Sofi's home?
7. How are the women empowered by the cooperative Sofi initiates?
8. What effect does Fe's death have on La Loca?
9. How does the author use humor in Chapter 1?
10. What does Acme International represent?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)