|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Felicia's second husband die?
(b) Heart attack.
(c) He committed suicide.
(d) Car accident.
2. Who leads the procession on Good Friday?
(a) Caridad's boyfriend.
(b) Felicia's godson.
(d) La Loca.
3. Why does Felicia go outside to the trailer in the middle of the night?
(a) She has a dream.
(b) She hears footsteps.
(c) She sees a light.
(d) She hears people talking.
4. Where are Helena and Maria from?
(b) New Mexico.
5. Who arranges to have the horse's body delivered to Sofi?
(b) No one.
(c) La Loca.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Francisco have a brief affair?
2. Why is La Loca repulsed by humans?
3. Where does Sofi tell Domingo to take her after he asks for her forgiveness?
4. Who pays for Caridad's house near El Santuario?
5. How are Helena and Maria related?
Short Essay Questions
1. Elaborate on the scene in which Caridad falls in love for the first time since Memo.
2. What effect does Fe's death have on Sofi and Domingo?
3. What effect does Fe's death have on La Loca?
4. What motivates Sofi to run for mayor of Tome?
5. Describe the cooperative that Sofi and her neighbor develop.
6. What does Helena know about the town she and Maria are in when they stop at the gas station?
7. What events lead up to Caridad's horse's death?
8. How is La Loca depicted as a sort of embodiment of Jesus?
9. What is special about the irrigation ditch by Sofi's home?
10. Why is Fe's death an example of tragic irony?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)