|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who won the lottery after Caridad had a numerical vision?
(b) La Loca.
2. What happens between Helena and Maria after their adventure?
(a) They get married.
(b) They both die.
(c) They open a business together.
(d) They separate.
3. How many daughters does Sofi have?
4. What sort of shop does Sofi run?
(a) A butcher shop.
(b) A wine and beer shop.
(c) A cheese shop.
(d) An antiques store.
5. Which character is a tarot reader and "pseudo-poet"?
(a) La Loca.
Short Answer Questions
1. Francisco has never really loved anyone except whom?
2. Whose brother works in "the Narc capital of the United States"?
3. Which of Sofi's possessions did Domingo sell?
4. Which three places does La Loca say she has been?
5. Which of the following is included in Caridad's morning routine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Fe's death have on Sofi and Domingo?
2. Why does Fe think Caridad disappeared?
3. How does Caridad "reject men and embrace spirituality" in Chapter 2?
4. Domingo is described as a flawed individual. What are some specific things Domingo does to indicate this is true?
5. Compare and contrast the characters of Caridad and Felicia.
6. How does the author build tension through Caridad's subplot?
7. Describe the cooperative that Sofi and her neighbor develop.
8. How does the author illustrate the idea of infinite existence in the story of Maria and Helena?
9. How does the author use humor in Chapter 1?
10. Explain what eventually kills Fe.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)