|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Caridad's abilities has fully developed?
(a) Her psychic ability.
(b) Her cooking ability.
(c) Her ability to fall asleep anywhere.
(d) Her ability to communicate with animals.
2. Where does Sofi tell Domingo to take her after he asks for her forgiveness?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The dance.
(c) The store.
(d) New York City.
3. How did Felicia's mother die?
4. Who raised Francisco until he was old enough to help with the farm?
(b) La Loca.
(c) His aunt.
5. Which war did Francisco fight in?
(b) World War II.
(d) Mexican Civil War.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Felicia do during World War II?
2. Who ends up killing Caridad's horse?
3. How many of her children does Felicia live with?
4. How did Felicia's second husband die?
5. Whose veins "run with the blood of the land"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the cooperative that Sofi and her neighbor develop.
2. Why is it important to La Loca when Fe asks her to teach her how to cook?
3. What role does the Lady in Blue play in La Loca's final days?
4. Describe Francisco's infatuation with Caridad.
5. Describe the differences between the four daughters. What makes each of them unique?
6. How does the incident of the man in the pickup truck foreshadow events later in the novel?
7. How is Caridad different after she returns from being missing?
8. What does Helena know about the town she and Maria are in when they stop at the gas station?
9. Describe the differences between Felicia and Doctor Tolentino as well as their relationship.
10. Explain the circumstances surrounding Esperanza's death.
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)