|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Caridad fall in love with on Good Friday?
(c) Don Domingo.
(d) A woman wearing sunglasses.
2. What is Esperanza's profession?
(a) News broadcaster.
(b) Medical doctor.
(c) Psychiatric nurse.
(d) Art gallery owner.
3. Who leads the procession on Good Friday?
(a) Felicia's godson.
(b) Caridad's boyfriend.
(c) La Loca.
4. What are the brushes used to paint the bulto made of?
(a) Women's hair.
(d) Horsehair or yucca.
5. How is Caridad's reputation as a medium described?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters does Sofi have?
2. How are Helena and Maria related?
3. How did Felicia's mother die?
4. Which character is a tarot reader and "pseudo-poet"?
5. When Caridad returns home from the pilgrimage, what does she do when she cannot sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Caridad's encounter with the woman on the wall when she reaches Ojo Caliente.
2. What effect does Fe's death have on Sofi and Domingo?
3. Describe the differences between Felicia and Doctor Tolentino as well as their relationship.
4. What is special about the irrigation ditch by Sofi's home?
5. Describe La Loca's medical problems and the procedure Doctor Tolentino performs on Loca.
6. What is a bulto? What is its significance in Francisco's life?
7. Elaborate on the scene in which Caridad falls in love for the first time since Memo.
8. How are the women empowered by the cooperative Sofi initiates?
9. Do you think Caridad and Esmeralda die? Why or why not?
10. How does La Loca get her name?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)