1. What awakens Sofi in the middle of the night in Chapter 1?
(a) Animals howling.
(b) A thunderstorm.
(c) Water boiling.
2. What happens at La Loca's funeral?
(a) All the wild animals gather in the church.
(b) The casket overturns.
(c) The child rises out of her coffin.
(d) The cats begin to sing.
3. Which three places does La Loca say she has been?
(a) Hell, heaven, and purgatory.
(b) The past, present, and future.
(c) Her birthplace, her house, and her coffin.
(d) The toy store, the candy shop, and her bedroom.
4. What illness is La Loca diagnosed with in the hospital in Albuquerque?
5. Why is La Loca repulsed by humans?
(a) She thinks they are dirty and full of germs.
(b) She thinks they are too loud and impolite.
(c) She thinks she is a cat.
(d) She dislikes the odor they give off.
6. What sort of shop does Sofi run?
(a) A wine and beer shop.
(b) A cheese shop.
(c) An antiques store.
(d) A butcher shop.
This section contains 3,669 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)