|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which of the following contributes toward obedience having less value?
(d) External forces.
2. The author believes that a seaside state has almost unlimited means of which of the following?
(b) Supporting itself.
(d) Providing income.
3. Who is Grotius?
(a) A philosopher.
(b) A king.
(c) A father.
(d) A revolutionary.
4. The law committing the state to the social contract requires what type of vote?
(a) Majority vote.
(b) Two-thirds vote.
(c) Unanimous vote.
(d) Super-majority vote.
5. The author believes that representatives are an unnecessary level of mediation between the Sovereign Will and which of the following?
(a) The government.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Legislator.
(d) The people.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the author summarizes his theme that which of the following is necessary for law and government?
2. Which of the following terms is used to describe belief in one god to the exclusion of all others?
3. The author states that moral equality must be substituted for which of the following in a social contract?
4. Chapter 12 of Book 2 might best be described as which of the following types of chapter?
5. The author states that no matter what his position, the Prince is still subject to which of the following?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)