|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which of the following is the sign of a good government?
(c) Different for different countries.
(d) Never present.
2. The social contract equalizes all men in which of the following?
(a) Legal rights.
(b) Societal rights.
(c) Political rights.
(d) Possession rights.
3. Chapter 12 of Book 2 might best be described as which of the following types of chapter?
4. In Chapter 12, the author summarizes his theme that which of the following is necessary for law and government?
5. Which of the following offices does the author believe should be chosen by lot or chance, since those methods are closer to the laws of nature?
(a) The Magistrate.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Legislator.
(d) The Judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, any expression of dissent must be which of the following?
2. Which of the following forms of government is most suitable to small states?
3. The author thinks that, as an expression of the Sovereign Will, the purer the expression means the greater of which of the following?
4. When the assemblies meet, which of the following should they break into in order to consider specific ideas?
5. According to the author, the legislator must appeal to an authority who can bear men away without which of the following elements?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)