|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes all assemblies by the people that fall outside the two types of assemblies that the author describes?
2. The author believes that the strength of the individual is insufficient to overcome which of the following?
(a) The will of the many.
(b) The will of a powerful ruler.
(c) Obstacles to property ownership.
(d) Obstacles to survival.
3. The author believes that the people who deliberate and form the general will do not always do so from a place that houses which of the following?
(a) Moral decency.
4. According to the author, the more Magistrates that there are, the closer that the government is to which of the following?
(a) The will of the people.
(b) A true republic.
(c) The ability to act well.
(d) A good government.
5. Of the three wills operating within the Magistrate, which one has to be strongest for good government to exist?
(a) General will.
(b) Will of the people.
(c) Particular will.
(d) Sovereign Will.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the term for the system government type in which power is confined to a small number of people?
2. The author believes that Grotius formed his theories with the sole aim of flattering and ingratiating himself with whom of the following?
3. According to the author, war originates from the relationship between which of the following?
4. Which of the following is another phrase that the author uses for "empowering of the Sovereign Will"?
5. The author believes that there is too much reverence for which of the following in many states?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)