|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, which of the following does man give up in the social contract?
(a) Unlimited property.
(b) Unlimited power.
(c) Unlimited speech.
(d) Unlimited freedom.
2. According to the author, war originates from the relationship between which of the following?
3. Who is Grotius?
(a) A king.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A revolutionary.
(d) A father.
4. When the author writes of a sovereign within the social contract, he refers to which of the following?
(a) The single ruler.
(b) The person in leadership of the group.
(c) The outward will of the group.
(d) The collective authority.
5. Which of the following terms refers to a generalized rule, way of communicating, or way of conducting affairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that a human's most basic instinct is the will to do which of the following?
2. The author states that moral equality must be substituted for which of the following in a social contract?
3. The author believes that when citizens become enlightened they have to seize which of the following for themselves?
4. The author believes that a man's hold on his personal property is which of the following when he is part of the state?
5. According to the author, every human being lives in which of the following?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)