|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As long as people create and define their government according to the Sovereign Will, the nation will do which of the following?
(a) Involve everyone.
(b) Abolish poverty.
(c) Run peacefully.
(d) Be rich.
2. According to the author, the larger that a state is, the less influence which of the following will have?
(a) The Magistrate.
(b) The Legislator.
(c) The army.
(d) The individual.
3. The author states that the Magistrate receives power to lead the government from which of the following?
(a) The people.
(c) The constitution.
(d) Natural law.
4. The social contract equalizes all men in which of the following?
(a) Societal rights.
(b) Political rights.
(c) Legal rights.
(d) Possession rights.
5. Which of the following does the author use when he seeks to show how the Sovereign Will can be transformed into a democracy?
(a) British House of Commons.
(b) Italian House of Commons.
(c) German House of Commons.
(d) French House of Commons.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, people who live under a tyrant or despot, yet find their lives peaceful, are experiencing which of the following types of slavery?
2. The author thinks that, as an expression of the Sovereign Will, the purer the expression means the greater of which of the following?
3. The government should be abolished if it no longer does which of the following?
4. According to the author, no man has any natural authority over which of the following?
5. The author believes that change is a fundamental aspect of which of the following, and cannot be stopped?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)