|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to make a democracy efficient, there must be a set of rules governing which of the following?
(b) Distribution of resources.
(c) Public debate.
2. How many votes does the author state need to be taken at each regular meeting of assemblies?
3. The author believes that warm countries need which of the following in fewer numbers?
4. Which of the following is another phrase that the author uses for "empowering of the Sovereign Will"?
(a) The business of legislators.
(b) The business of government.
(c) The business of magistrates.
(d) The business of citizens.
5. The author believes that all power comes from which of the following?
(d) Human nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the author summarizes his theme that which of the following is necessary for law and government?
2. The author believes that if there were a state populated by which of the following, a democracy might be able to govern.
3. Which of the following best describes Grotius?
4. When the assemblies meet, which of the following should they break into in order to consider specific ideas?
5. According to the author, which of the following contributes toward obedience having less value?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)