|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that representatives are an unnecessary level of mediation between the Sovereign Will and which of the following?
(a) The government.
(b) The Legislator.
(c) The Prince.
(d) The people.
2. According to the author, unless natural circumstances are taken into account by the legislator, the laws will be which of the following?
(a) Hard to follow.
3. Which of the following terms is used to refer to anything that takes the citizen away from that which he perceives as his life of relative ease?
4. According to the author, no man has any natural authority over which of the following?
(a) His beliefs.
(b) His state.
(c) His family.
(d) His fellows.
5. According to the author, who benefits in war?
(a) No one.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The rulers.
(d) The rich individuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what happens to the power of the Prince, magistrate, and legislator when assemblies form?
2. The author believes that slavery is bad, but that it was a worthwhile price to pay because it allowed individuals to do which of the following?
3. The author believes that warm countries need which of the following in fewer numbers?
4. The author believes that if there were a state populated by which of the following, a democracy might be able to govern.
5. According to the author, which of the following does man gain in the social contract?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)