|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following offices does the author believe should be chosen by lot or chance, since those methods are closer to the laws of nature?
(a) The Magistrate.
(b) The Prince.
(c) The Judge.
(d) The Legislator.
2. The discussion that the author has about population would be described today using which of the following terms?
(a) Population change.
(b) Population growth.
(c) Population maximization.
(d) Population density.
3. The author believes that the law of government must develop, in tandem, with which of the following types of law?
(a) Natural law.
(b) Physical law.
(c) Legal law.
(d) Scientific law.
4. The author believes that the people who deliberate and form the general will do not always do so from a place that houses which of the following?
(c) Moral decency.
5. Which of the following does the author believes to be few in number in a well-ordered state?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, the author summarizes his theme that which of the following is necessary for law and government?
2. The author believes that slavery is bad, but that it was a worthwhile price to pay because it allowed individuals to do which of the following?
3. By being part of the social contract, man does which of the following?
4. Those votes influenced by the will of a despot are not which of the following?
5. When the assemblies meet, which of the following should they break into in order to consider specific ideas?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)