|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How rare does the author think that individuals who possess the ideal traits of legislators are?
(a) Not rare.
(b) Moderately rare.
(c) So rare that they do not exist.
(d) Extremely rare.
2. The will of all is a conglomeration of which of the following?
(a) Private needs.
(b) Private interests.
(c) Private companies.
(d) Private charities.
3. The author states that a social contract in a bad government does which of the following?
(a) Keeps the poor miserable.
(b) Keeps the middle-class miserable.
(c) Keeps everyone miserable.
(d) Keeps those in power miserable.
4. The term, inherent in anarchy, refers to which of the following?
(a) Ordering of men by power.
(c) Lack of will.
5. The author believes that the strength of the individual is insufficient to overcome which of the following?
(a) The will of the many.
(b) Obstacles to survival.
(c) The will of a powerful ruler.
(d) Obstacles to property ownership.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, the ideal legislator is objective, intelligent, and which of the following?
2. According to the author, which of the following does the state have a right to do to people who threaten the state?
3. The right of which of the following terms in the first degree refers to private property rights under the state?
4. According to the author, the state does not have a right to take the life of an individual who threatens which of the following?
5. According to the author, violence is a poor means of maintaining which of the following?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)