|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the author writes of a sovereign within the social contract, he refers to which of the following?
(a) The outward will of the group.
(b) The collective authority.
(c) The single ruler.
(d) The person in leadership of the group.
2. When the author states that inspiration for lawmakers must come from God, whom of the following does he cite as examples?
(a) Lawmakers in India.
(b) Lawmakers in Egypt.
(c) Lawmakers in the Jewish religion.
(d) Lawmakers in Ancient Greece.
3. According to the author, violence is a poor means of maintaining which of the following?
(b) Social order.
(c) A government.
4. Which of the following best describes Grotius?
(a) A religious philosopher.
(b) A scientific philosopher.
(c) A family philosopher.
(d) A social philosopher.
5. Which of the following is the name that the author gives to a state that is governed by enlightened laws solely for the public interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, which of the following does the state have a right to do to people who threaten the state?
2. By being part of the social contract, man does which of the following?
3. Which of the following refers to an imposition of an unnatural authority that is contrary to human nature?
4. By which of the following terms does the author state that the power of deciding for the whole of the body can only be established?
5. According to the author, which of the following does a legislator do?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)