|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the people who deliberate and form the general will do not always do so from a place that houses which of the following?
(d) Moral decency.
2. According to the author, no man has any natural authority over which of the following?
(a) His family.
(b) His beliefs.
(c) His fellows.
(d) His state.
3. According to the author, the legislator must appeal to an authority who can bear men away without which of the following elements?
4. When the author refers to "associations" formed in the community that must be kept equal, which of the following does he mean?
(a) Sporting teams.
(b) Religious groups.
(c) Political parties.
5. When the author writes of a sovereign within the social contract, he refers to which of the following?
(a) The person in leadership of the group.
(b) The single ruler.
(c) The outward will of the group.
(d) The collective authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, people who live under a tyrant or despot, yet find their lives peaceful, are experiencing which of the following types of slavery?
2. The private will is inclined to which of the following?
3. The author believes that a legislator must not have which of the following over other men?
4. Men can accomplish more if they band together and work toward which of the following?
5. The author states that a social contract in a bad government does which of the following?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)