|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is the name that the author gives to a state that is governed by enlightened laws solely for the public interest?
2. The author believes that a seaside state has almost unlimited means of which of the following?
(a) Supporting itself.
(b) Providing income.
3. The author insists that the system of advisers to a Prince, in a monarchy, will be which of the following?
(b) Full of friends.
(c) Full of experts.
4. According to the author, which of the following is a significant problem with a monarchy?
(a) The way that power is defined.
(b) The way that power is transfered.
(c) The way that power is given.
(d) The way that power is used.
5. Which of the following should be the objective that people undertake in government?
(a) Overthrowing a disliked government.
(b) Finding a good government.
(c) Dealing with a tyrannical government.
(d) Enduring a bad government.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, what form of government is most prone to ongoing civil wars and socio-political agitation?
2. The state is supposed to enact laws that protect personal property from which of the following?
3. The author believes that there must be a balance between the size of the state and the ability of which of the following?
4. According to the author, which of the following does man gain in the social contract?
5. The author believes that cultural reform must happen when the culture is in which of the following states?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)