|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that the Magistrate receives power to lead the government from which of the following?
(a) The people.
(b) Natural law.
(d) The constitution.
2. Which of the following terms refers to a generalized rule, way of communicating, or way of conducting affairs?
3. Which of the following does the author suggest to be the best time for a state to be established?
(a) During a time of relative peace.
(b) At the beginning of war.
(c) At the time that violence comes to an end.
(d) In the middle of prosperity.
4. The social contract equalizes all men in which of the following?
(a) Possession rights.
(b) Legal rights.
(c) Political rights.
(d) Societal rights.
5. Men can accomplish more if they band together and work toward which of the following?
(a) The desire of the powerful.
(b) The desire of the majority.
(c) The good of the poorest.
(d) The common good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author cite as an example of someone who attempted good reform, but did not know his people well enough to succeed?
2. In a monarchy, the individual in power represents which of the following?
3. According to the author, the state does not have a right to take the life of an individual who threatens which of the following?
4. The Sovereign Will is the expression of desired action to meet which of the following?
5. The state is supposed to enact laws that protect personal property from which of the following?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)