|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the more bureaucracy that there is, the more that the government will be dominated by which type of will?
(a) Private will.
(b) Sovereign Will.
(c) General will.
(d) Political will.
2. One of the votes that must be taken at a regular assembly is whether the Sovereign Will wishes to preserve which of the following?
(a) The present form of government.
(b) The current magistrates.
(c) The current executives.
(d) The present laws.
3. According to the author, which of the following does the state have a right to do to people who threaten the state?
4. Where does the author believe government to have the best and truest form of ultimate power?
(a) In one man.
(b) With the military.
(c) With the people.
(d) In a body of men.
5. The term, magistrate, is used interchangeably with which of the following titles?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that every free act must have two causes; moral and which of the following?
2. When the author states that inspiration for lawmakers must come from God, whom of the following does he cite as examples?
3. The author believes that if the Sovereign Will enacted laws, right and which of the following would be confounded?
4. Of the three wills operating within the Magistrate, which one has to be strongest for good government to exist?
5. The author believes that a legislator must not have which of the following over other men?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)