|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instituting a government consists of establishing laws and which of the following?
(a) Obeying laws.
(b) Formalizing laws.
(c) Instilling laws.
(d) Executing laws.
2. According to the author, the legislator must appeal to an authority who can bear men away without which of the following elements?
3. According to the author, the more Magistrates that there are, the closer that the government is to which of the following?
(a) A good government.
(b) The ability to act well.
(c) The will of the people.
(d) A true republic.
4. Which of the following does the author believes to be few in number in a well-ordered state?
5. The government should be abolished if it no longer does which of the following?
(a) Serves the people.
(b) Serves the children.
(c) Serves the commons.
(d) Serves the state.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, from which of the following does justice flow?
2. The author believes that every individual has the responsibility to die in defense of which of the following?
3. When the author states that inspiration for lawmakers must come from God, whom of the following does he cite as examples?
4. The author believes that if the Sovereign Will enacted laws, right and which of the following would be confounded?
5. The author states that every free act must have two causes; moral and which of the following?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)