Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With fog as thick as it was on the night that Carl Heine died, it was easy to
2. Ishmael learns that the seamen who were on duty the night of Carl's death
3. Kabuo visited Carl Heine to discuss buying back his family's property
4. Judge Lew Fielding admits to the jury that hearsay, even in a criminal trial, is still
5. The search warrant was to allow the Sheriff to search Kabuo's boat for
Essay Topic 1
Take a position and write an essay on the following: Is the U.S. government paying proper and sufficient attention to the psychological effects on soldiers returning from war? Support your answers with research and facts.
Essay Topic 2
What brought the Japanese to the Northwestern corner of the U.S.? How did they get there, and why? Is there still a considerable Japanese population in the island off of Washington state? What is the Japanese population in Washington, in general? Where is the highest concentration? Compare the two cultures and give your opinions on why people such as the Japanese would want to live in the U.S.
Essay Topic 3
Roosevelt swiftly and effectively reacted to Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. Do a research essay and write about Roosevelt and his response to the Japanese, what followed and the eventual result. Did Roosevelt have a high popularity rating in America at this time. Did he handle the war effectively and in the best way possible? Take a position.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)