|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With fog as thick as it was on the night that Carl Heine died, it was easy to
2. Ishmael learns that the seamen who were on duty the night of Carl's death
3. Kabuo visited Carl Heine to discuss buying back his family's property
4. Judge Lew Fielding admits to the jury that hearsay, even in a criminal trial, is still
5. The search warrant was to allow the Sheriff to search Kabuo's boat for
Essay Topic 1
If you live by the ocean, this should be an easy assignment. What are some of the disadvantages to living close to the seashore? Write a paper for someone in the Midwest who has never seen the ocean, and describe the hardships and difficulties of living on a coastline. Be convincing.
Essay Topic 2
Review Hatsue's childhood in this book and join the Imada family in your imagination. Write an essay about the Imadas' lifestyle and determine whether it is one that you could tolerate or not. Were there certain choices made by the Imadas that made life more difficult for them, or were they totally at the mercy of their circumstances? What about their lives is pleasant, and what is not?
Essay Topic 3
In this story, Tom Peck raises blue foxes on his island farm. Is blue fox still raised today? If so, for what is it used and how? Is it endangered? Research and write about the current state of the blue fox - where they live, what they eat, their predators and if they are under the control of humans. Include a photo or other image with your report.
This section contains 1,551 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)