Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With fog as thick as it was on the night that Carl Heine died, it was easy to
2. Ishmael learns that the seamen who were on duty the night of Carl's death
3. Kabuo visited Carl Heine to discuss buying back his family's property
4. Judge Lew Fielding admits to the jury that hearsay, even in a criminal trial, is still
5. The search warrant was to allow the Sheriff to search Kabuo's boat for
Essay Topic 1
Review Hatsue's childhood in this book and join the Imada family in your imagination. Write an essay about the Imadas' lifestyle and determine whether it is one that you could tolerate or not. Were there certain choices made by the Imadas that made life more difficult for them, or were they totally at the mercy of their circumstances? What about their lives is pleasant, and what is not?
Essay Topic 2
The Japanese diet has always been considered sparse and healthy. Research today's typical diet for the typical Japanese family, both in the US and Japan. Do they have a higher or lower mortality rate? Has their diet changed considerably in the past decades? What are the predominant health problems among Japanese? Americans? Compare and contrast.
Essay Topic 3
Check out the state of the salmon fishing industry and whether it is thriving or diminishing in the Pacific Northwest. Provide your reader with information regarding the ecological conditions that are required for salmon to thrive, and whether these have changed or improved over the past several decades. In addition, determine salmon's nutritional value, its importance in the human diet and in the diets of its predators.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)