|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With fog as thick as it was on the night that Carl Heine died, it was easy to
2. Ishmael learns that the seamen who were on duty the night of Carl's death
3. Kabuo visited Carl Heine to discuss buying back his family's property
4. Judge Lew Fielding admits to the jury that hearsay, even in a criminal trial, is still
5. The search warrant was to allow the Sheriff to search Kabuo's boat for
Essay Topic 1
Roosevelt swiftly and effectively reacted to Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor. Do a research essay and write about Roosevelt and his response to the Japanese, what followed and the eventual result. Did Roosevelt have a high popularity rating in America at this time. Did he handle the war effectively and in the best way possible? Take a position.
Essay Topic 2
Research and write an in-depth essay about the Japanese internment camps in the US during World War II. If possible, find someone to interview who has some childhood memories of the experience and interview him or her. Has the US, in your opinion, reconsidered its decision to place people in camps when their native country is at war with us? Has it reconsidered the decisions that were made back then? Is there a general consensus about the advisability of such a program? If possible, include some photos.
Essay Topic 3
If you live by the ocean, this should be an easy assignment. What are some of the disadvantages to living close to the seashore? Write a paper for someone in the Midwest who has never seen the ocean, and describe the hardships and difficulties of living on a coastline. Be convincing.
This section contains 1,551 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)