|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With fog as thick as it was on the night that Carl Heine died, it was easy to
2. Ishmael learns that the seamen who were on duty the night of Carl's death
3. Kabuo visited Carl Heine to discuss buying back his family's property
4. Judge Lew Fielding admits to the jury that hearsay, even in a criminal trial, is still
5. The search warrant was to allow the Sheriff to search Kabuo's boat for
Essay Topic 1
The Japanese diet has always been considered sparse and healthy. Research today's typical diet for the typical Japanese family, both in the US and Japan. Do they have a higher or lower mortality rate? Has their diet changed considerably in the past decades? What are the predominant health problems among Japanese? Americans? Compare and contrast.
Essay Topic 2
Find another form of Japanese stick fighting besides Kendo, and write a lesson plan for someone who wants to learn it. Provide a bit of background and history, as well as some graphics that demonstrate the moves and the weapon.
Essay Topic 3
Cedar trees are some of the most magical, aromatic trees on earth. Research cedars and report on where they thrive, their size and environment, their uses and their native habitats. Include photos and, if you live near cedars, a small frond of the fragrant tree. Include any threats to cedars, as well as what conditions make them thrive. Let your imagination help you better understand the atmosphere in the hollow cedar tree, and write about that, as well.
This section contains 1,551 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)