|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carl Heine is described as being
(a) A careless individual
(b) Tidy and respectable
(c) Very gregarious
(d) Meticulously clean
2. Susan Marie Heine says that she knew
(a) Carl's death would happen some day
(b) Carl was careless about his boat
(c) Carl was suicidal
(d) Carl was intoxicated when he left
3. Sheriff Moran testifies that he
(a) Tried to talk with Etta Heine
(b) Saw Etta Heine at the scene
(c) Spoke with Etta Heine
(d) Was told that Etta was dangerous
4. Kabuo Miyamoto's demeanor at his trial reveals
5. Ishmael Chambers is a
(a) Local reporter
(b) A bailiff
(c) A juror
(d) A judge
Short Answer Questions
1. San Piedro's hills are green with
2. Hatsue visits the hollow cedar throughout her childhood to
3. During the time that Kabuo is in jail
4. Ishmael Chambers returned from the war
5. Ishmael's job as a marine was that of
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hatsue ignore Ishmael at school?
2. How does Kabuo enter into Hatsue's life?
3. Why do the Japanese sit at the back of the courtroom in Amity Harbor?
4. Why does Kabuo's demeanor seem cold and hard?
5. Ishmael's experience at war is as horrendous as it gets. What is his attitude toward Hatsue by now, and why?
6. Describe Amity Harbor. Is it an upscale town? Does it seem inviting?
7. What stops Ishmael and Hatsue from having sexual relations in the hollow tree?
8. What has caused Ishmael Chambers to be so cynical?
9. What kind of lawyer is Nels Gudmundsson?
10. Why would reporters from out of town be attending Miyamoto's trial?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)